PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Must Answer One Question: Can They Score On The Road?

polamalubeast
11-06-2014, 08:23 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/11/steelers-must-answer-one-question-can-score-road/

one side only
11-06-2014, 09:13 AM
I don't know how much "home cooking" had to do with the victory over the Texans when the boo birds were out in force until the magical 73 seconds.

In addition, this week's game will not be played in a hostile environment, as there will be more Steeler fans and empty seats than there will be Jets fans in NJ on Sunday.

I think the resurgence of the offense has a lot to do with Roethlisberger's health. The hit he took from Upshaw on that Thursday in Baltimore had a lingering effect. I think the playcalling reflected this as well. Ben is fully healthy now, Bryant has emerged, and the O-line is healthy and playing well.

I would be very surprised if a trip to New Jersey affects the mojo.

MrPgh
11-06-2014, 09:24 AM
I think the road woes were more tactical than anything. In a bad road loss in Baltimore, the Steelers refused to throw the ball down field. It was screen after screen after screen. Jacksonville was similar, but they managed to pull out an uneasy win there. In Cleveland, the Steelers tried to bring back three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust football until they were getting blown out.

I think the offense will be fine as long as the coaching staff doesn't revert to trying to play close to the vest.

ALLD
11-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Let's see some more gadget plays and full steam ahead.