PDA

View Full Version : Things to Watch for Saturday Against the New York Giants

Galax Steeler
08-21-2010, 04:28 AM
Tomorrow at 7PM EST the Pittsburgh Steelers will face off against the New York Midgets Giants, and like the young, fearless David of Bethlehem we will slay them. Okay, that was pretty lame and I am rusty on my Bible studies, but you get the point. Actually, I really am not worried about wins and losses in preseason, because of all the round-robin substituting that goes on. I am more concerned with watching our young players toil in the trenches and in the secondary. Therefore, let me give you a check list of things to watch this Saturday.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2010/8/20/1634237/things-to-watch-for-saturday

SteelerFanInStl
08-21-2010, 10:46 AM
For me, the biggest thing to watch for in this game is the play of the OL. The Giants have a good DL and this game should tell us something.

LLT
08-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Ill be watching Gibson on the defensive side of the ball....I think he may put some distance between himself and Stevenson Sylvester in regards to a roster spot.

On the offensive side of the ball I will be watching Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders. Both as WR and RS. I had thought, right after the draft, that Sanders would be the better WR but that Brown wouldnt be that far behind and would end up being a very good RS. Based on the tape I have seen...I'm sticking to that original perception until Brown has a few games under his belt. One game alone isnt enough to convince me that Brown is the better WR at this point. When the season starts (and if he remains consistent), I will be MORE than happy to jump on that bandwagon.

Randy06
08-21-2010, 02:43 PM
I will also be paying very close attention to the offensive line, as well as the receivers its a game I will be looking forward to.

solardave
08-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Oline play is crucial. I want to see Worilds and how he looks. Also the D-backs Butler, Lewis and Burnett. This year already looks promising there.

steelpride12
08-21-2010, 05:21 PM
I want to see if Keenan Lewis step up and have a good game, and having another player who can add to the secondary is a huge plus!

tony hipchest
08-21-2010, 05:38 PM
lots a good things to watch for.

if james harrison comes out and flattens another OT like he did last week, the rest of the league better take notice. he is healed, unlike when the "unleash hell" decree came out last year.

troy running around at full speed.

sepulveda KO.

a. brown bust a long return.

big ben not get sacked or have a pass dropped.

kraig urbick, stevenson, logan (if he gets a shot) and all the other bubble players.

pouncey and worilds.

troy polamalu.

troy polamalu.

keenan lewis tryin to take a starting spot from b-mac.

if batch suffers a season ending injury handing off in the 4th quarter he cant go to the bengals the second he is cut.

Mattsme
08-21-2010, 05:40 PM
I'll be watching to see how many times the announcers mention Brett Favre.

Mach1
08-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Hopefully they fumbling problem from last week wont arise.

tony hipchest
08-21-2010, 05:46 PM
lol.

the over/under is 4 (brett favre mentions, not fumbles)

The Duke
08-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Oline and secondary. My two biggest worries

keeping my eye on urbik and Lewis especially

if james harrison comes out and flattens another OT like he did last week, the rest of the league better take notice.

hell yeah :tt02: