PDA

View Full Version : Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger: "It Feels Good To Silence The Critics"

stillers4me
11-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger joined The Cook and Poni Show on Sportsradio 93-7 The Fan for the #1 Cochran Ben Roethlisberger Show, which airs every Tuesday morning at 11 a.m. during the Steelers season.
The Steelers are coming off a very convincing 43-23 win over the rival Baltimore Ravens. It’s the Steelers third straight win at home and has them right in the thick of the AFC race.

Roethlisberger followed up his record-setting day over the Indianapolis Colts with another 6 touchdown performance over the Ravens.

“A win is a win to me, that is all that matters. I don’t care what my stats are as long as we win the football game (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/11/04/steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-it-feels-good-to-silence-the-critics/#),” Roethlisberger said. “I did feel during the game I wasn’t playing my best football. I know the stats are one thing, but I felt like I left some plays out there. It was probably the adrenaline early, so I missed a couple of early throws, but I think we all calmed down, myself especially, as we moved on to the ladder parts of the game. I was a little disappointed. I just thought I could have played better.”........

Read more @ http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/11/04/steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-it-feels-good-to-silence-the-critics/

Lady Steel
11-06-2014, 10:59 PM
The Steelers offensive outburst over the past three games (scoring 124 points) may have silenced those fans and members of the media who were calling for offensive coordinator Todd Haley to be fired.

“I said it after last week and I will say it again this week. I thought he called a great game,” Roethlisberger said. “We’ve all worked well together. You look at things like taking ego off the table. The play right before the touchdown to Marcus, you know I go over to the sideline and he’s, ‘Hey, Ben what do you like here? What do you want to do?’ And I told him what play I wanted, and he said good let’s do it. To check his ego I think speaks volume to him and I’m just excited we can silence the critics a little bit, and like you say, get them off his back a little because we’ve been playing good games but he has been calling good games.”

Ben throwin' shade at Haley's ego. :chuckle:

fansince'76
11-06-2014, 11:01 PM
Ben throwin' shade at Haley's ego. :chuckle:

Thankfully we've been winning in fairly spectacular fashion recently, otherwise people would be jumping ALL OVER that one.

"ZOMG! Big Ben called Haley an egomaniac!" :coffee:

Oh, and that article looks like it was written and edited by an elementary school newspaper staff...

To check his ego I think speaks volume to him and I’m just excited we can silence the critics a little bit, and like you say, get them off his back a little because we’ve been playing good games but he has been calling good games.

I mean, really? :doh: