PDA

View Full Version : 40 Pass TD's: Can Ben do it?

Psycho Ward 86
11-03-2014, 04:32 PM
What do you guys think? Somehow Ben has gone this deep in his career having only passed for over 30 TD's once. Is this the year? I want to see Ben get some serious long term RESPECT and 40+ would be a start.

inb4idratherwinasuperbowl

Lady Steel
11-03-2014, 04:36 PM
I think he can and will if they keep playing the way they have the past two weeks.

siss
11-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Ummm is the grass green?
Is the sky blue?

ALLD
11-03-2014, 04:51 PM
If they start playing every game in the first quarter and pour it on until the end or the other team capitulates.

X-Terminator
11-03-2014, 05:11 PM
How did you get inside my head? I was thinking about this about an hour ago. So far, Ben has 22 TD in 9 games, which is roughly 2.4 TD per game. He needs 18 in his last 7 games, so he'd need to average around 2.6 TD per game in order to hit 40. My prediction is that he falls just short.

Psycho Ward 86
11-03-2014, 05:39 PM
How did you get inside my head? I was thinking about this about an hour ago. So far, Ben has 22 TD in 9 games, which is roughly 2.4 TD per game. He needs 18 in his last 7 games, so he'd need to average around 2.6 TD per game in order to hit 40. My prediction is that he falls just short.

lol. i agree with your prediction unfortunately.

40 would look soooo nice though. not a lot of QB's can say they've done that and those that have are in the hall of fame or locks to make it into the hall of fame. Except for Matt Stafford: http://www.sportscity.com/nfl/records/nfl-single-season-td-passing-leaders/

For those too lazy to look the QB's in NFL history who have thrown for 40 are: Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Dan Marino, Kurt Warner. Something only 7 QB's have ever done, and looking at the names, now thats elite company

SteelerFanInStl
11-03-2014, 05:50 PM
I'd love to see it but I don't think that it'll happen.

polamalubeast
11-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Ben is on pace to have 39 TD....Ben will probably to have another 5 TD game to have 40 TD this year.....Ben is also on pace to have only 5 interception

35 TD and 5 INT, 4600-4800 yards with a QB rating of 110.6 would be an incredible season

Psycho Ward 86
11-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Ben is on pace to have 39 TD....Ben will probably to have another 5 TD game to have 40 TD this year.....Ben is also on pace to have only 5 interception

35 TD and 5 INT, 4600-4800 yards with a QB rating of 110.6 would be an incredible season

and our best bet would be these next two games, which are unfortunately trap games.

can you guys imagine if he pulls even one 4-5 TD these next two games? he would have to be in strong MVP conversation

st33lersguy
11-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Certainly based off the last 2 weeks, however if the offense that showed up in back-to-back road games against J-ville and Cleveland show up for at least a couple games, no way. Hopefully the emergence of Martavis lead to the last 2 games

steelreserve
11-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Who really cares. He can throw for 50 TDs and they'd still call him a second-tier QB who's just happening to have an unusually good season.

I'd rather see us win games. We can go the rest of the season without scoring another passing touchdown, and win every game 3-0 for all I care. Just get us into the playoffs and therefore a chance to win the Super Bowl. I don't care whether it's pretty or ugly, just find a way to get there.

Hawkman
11-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Who really cares. He can throw for 50 TDs and they'd still call him a second-tier QB who's just happening to have an unusually good season.

I'd rather see us win games. We can go the rest of the season without scoring another passing touchdown, and win every game 3-0 for all I care. Just get us into the playoffs and therefore a chance to win the Super Bowl. I don't care whether it's pretty or ugly, just find a way to get there.

I think Ben would agree with you.

fansince'76
11-04-2014, 01:55 AM
He can throw for 50 TDs and they'd still call him a second-tier QB who's just happening to have an unusually good season.

This. The guy's never going to get his just due, no matter what he does. I accepted that a number of years ago. And I still say the only way he sniffs the HoF is by getting a 3rd ring for that very reason, especially if Goodell is still commissioner when he becomes eligible.

Psycho Ward 86
11-04-2014, 12:11 PM
This. The guy's never going to get his just due, no matter what he does. I accepted that a number of years ago. And I still say the only way he sniffs the HoF is by getting a 3rd ring for that very reason, especially if Goodell is still commissioner when he becomes eligible.

im still pissed we couldnt pull one out in 2010. After getting suspended, that just would have been the most hilarious piece of trolling/poetic justice for ben to win it that year

fansince'76
11-04-2014, 12:13 PM
im still pissed we couldnt pull one out in 2010. After getting suspended, that just would have been the most hilarious piece of trolling/poetic justice for ben to win it that year

Especially after Goodell went out of his way to badmouth Roethlisberger in order to build Michael Vick up earlier in the week leading up to that SB. I would have also loved seeing Harrison give Goodell a piece of his mind right there on the podium after the game too, since that was also the same season that Goodell effectively made him the league's poster child for dirty hits, and I firmly believe he would have since he is one of the rare ones that couldn't give a shit less about political correctness.

tube517
11-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Especially after Goodell went out of his way to badmouth Roethlisberger in order to build Michael Vick up earlier in the week leading up to that SB. I would have also loved seeing Harrison give Goodell a piece of his mind right there on the podium after the game too, since that was also the same season that Goodell effectively made him the league's poster child for dirty hits, and I firmly believe he would have since he is one of the rare ones that couldn't give a shit less about political correctness.

Deebo would definitely have done that. Remember his fake retirement speech? :lol:

steel striker
11-07-2014, 11:38 AM
I think it he can and, depends on a few factors weather how each game is called. Just as long they don't have that same gameplan that had against the browns on the road! It still ticks me off how Worthless Roger said unture statements about Ben as FS stated in above post. I really hope Ben does break that 40+ TD's and, then maybe he would get his due. I know probably not but, atleast us steeler fans do realize how good Ben is.