PDA

View Full Version : Percy Harvin, Chris Johnson, & Mike Vick are a formidable trio . . .

one side only
11-03-2014, 12:56 PM
. . . so why are the Jets still so awful?

Harvin had 11 catches, 13 targets and 129 receiving yards against the Chiefs. Johnson ran for 69 yards on 11 carries and caught two passes for 32 yards. Vick went 21-for-28 for 196 yards and one touchdown, and finished with a 105.7 passer rating.

Anything about this matchup that scares anyone?

polamalubeast
11-03-2014, 01:02 PM

The jets are -13 in turnovers differential and their pass defense is atrocious.Geno Smith was also completely awful and the jets have the worst pass offense in the NFL in yards

Of course, the Steelers must be aggressive and be ready for this game.The Steelers have not been very good on the road in recent years

Dwinsgames
11-03-2014, 01:15 PM
every game scares the hell out of me because I still am not sure what team will show up ... the team that shit the bed vs the bucs and nearly did the same vs the Jags ... or the team that bitch slapped the Ravens and Colts ....

until I have a better feel for what team is the true Steelers , I will remain nervous on a weekly basis

ALLD
11-03-2014, 01:27 PM
The have no secondary. Ben should have another 500 yd game if he puts his mind to it.

Count Steeler
11-03-2014, 02:13 PM
The have no secondary. Ben should have another 500 yd game if he puts his mind to it.

Someone just needs to smack him before the game and he will be good to go.

Psycho Ward 86
11-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Because theyre not. They almost beat the packers, lions, and patriots for a reason. They should have won all 3 of those if not for the most unfortunate luck.

This is going to be a horribly tough game. And from the looks of the last game's statistics, percy harvin is already clicking with that offense and geno smith might not play. Not to mention the #3 run offense in the league.

SteelerFanInStl
11-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Don't forget Chris Ivory. He's been their best RB this year, not CJ2K. Add Decker to the mix too.

86WARD
11-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Chris Johnson is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from formidable. He's actually the extreme opposite. This game and the Titans game are scary...I can see them laying an egg in one of these.

SteelerFanInStl
11-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Chris Johnson is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from formidable. He's actually the extreme opposite. This game and the Titans game are scary...I can see them laying an egg in one of these.

Yep, Johnson is a shadow of his former self.

Now watch him break out against us...

Steeldude
11-03-2014, 07:32 PM

Because they do not have a QB on their roster.

86WARD
11-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Yep, Johnson is a shadow of his former self.

Now watch him break out against us...

Touché

86WARD
11-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Because they do not have a QB on their roster.

Seriously. We could only hope that the Jets put Smith in there to play QB.

X-Terminator
11-03-2014, 08:16 PM
I think the Steelers will need to score 40 again this week in order to win. Not because the Jets have a juggernaut offense, but just to give themselves the best possible chance of winning the game. Anything under 24, and there's a good chance they could lose. They just have a very bad habit of playing down to teams they should beat handily.

salamander
11-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Playing a shitty team after blowing out 2 good teams? Yeah...this game scares the crap out of me.

polamalubeast
11-03-2014, 08:29 PM
The jets are -17 in turnovers differential but in the game against the Patriots, they had 0 turnovers and the game was very close.The good news steelers have created 7 turnovers in the last 3 games, so if they continue to create turnovers, it will be ugly for jets

- - - Updated - - -

This is not a trap game because the Steelers have been bad on the road this year, especially in the offense

Steelman
11-03-2014, 11:00 PM
If Geno starts, I think our D eats him alive. If Vick starts, I foresee LeBeau getting way too cute and worried about Vick running and subsequently allowing Percy Harvin to eat the secondary alive on short dink-and-dunk passes.

Offensively, the Jets play hard but their secondary isn't great, similar to the Ravens. I would expect a similar result on offense.