PDA

View Full Version : If the playoffs started next week...

fansince'76
11-03-2014, 07:27 AM
The Steelers would have the #5 seed.
(http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture)
Just hope they keep the momentum going, especially with 4 of the next 5 games on the road.

zulater
11-03-2014, 07:58 AM
No offense. But this isn't even worth speculating on yet, because we have two games left with the Bungholes. The division is within our grasp. The Steelers control their own destiny and look to be a better team than the Bengals. Sweep them and we're looking at a possible bye. How great would it be to get the Broncos in our building for a change?

- - - Updated - - -

The Steelers would have the #5 seed.
(http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture)
Just hope they keep the momentum going, especially with 4 of the next 5 games on the road.

I know we tend to play down to our competition. But I think we take the next two. And then at 8-3 (if we get there) we see where it goes.

Steelerette
11-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Y'all haters... 13-3 is going to be good for the 2 seed if not homefield advantage throughout.

(kidding :lol: )

Craic
11-03-2014, 10:25 AM
I started a thread about this a couple days ago, about how the next three games were so important going into the bye week.

We can head into next weeks game tied for first place, or we can head into it in second place, with two games against the Bungles. Either way, we're sitting pretty with our destiny in our own hands.

st33lersguy
11-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Can we please petition the league to switch out our 2 road games with the Jets and Tennessee for home games aginst New England and Denver

Psycho Ward 86
11-03-2014, 10:36 AM
this upcoming jets game is going to be one of our toughest of the year. have they been bad? yes. nowhere near as bad as their record though. they almost beat the packers, lions, and patriots. and we may not have the joy of facing All-Horrible QB Geno Smith

X-Terminator
11-03-2014, 10:40 AM
this upcoming jets game is going to be one of our toughest of the year. have they been bad? yes. nowhere near as bad as their record though. they almost beat the packers, lions, and patriots. and we may not have the joy of facing All-Horrible QB Geno Smith

The fact that they've lost 8 straight games is what worries me. This game is as big a "trap" game as there is. I would be incredibly disappointed, but not surprised, if the Steelers laid an egg and lost.

T&B fan
11-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Y'all haters... 13-3 is going to be good for the 2 seed if not homefield advantage throughout.

(kidding :lol: )
not a bad idea . NE has a few tough games coming up , Denver only got like 1 tough game . that would give both 3L min . and we would have to win out , and I think that is the hardest part of that plan .

polamalubeast
11-03-2014, 10:48 AM
The steelers must continue to be aggressive against the jets....This is the key and it is true that the jets are not as bad as their record but they are very bad against the pass

For the division, the Steelers are in a good position.The Ravens have always made me more scared that the bengals....The steelers have control of their destiny for the division

st33lersguy
11-03-2014, 11:12 AM
I cannot predict how this team will finish. It is impossible. At their best, they are far and away the best team in the division capable of beating anybody, at their worst, they are the worst by a mile capable of losing to the 08 Lions. They could legitimately go 13-3 and 6-10

Craic
11-03-2014, 03:33 PM
I cannot predict how this team will finish. It is impossible. At their best, they are far and away the best team in the division capable of beating anybody, at their worst, they are the worst by a mile capable of losing to the 08 Lions. They could legitimately go 13-3 and 6-10

I wouldn't go quite as low as 6-10, but 7-9 or 8-8 is a distinct possibility. Again, I need to see them consistent for the next two weeks. Only then will I really start believing. A five game win streak would be very nice.

ALLD
11-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Odds are we finish 11-4. If we win out we go to the SB .

salamander
11-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Time to see if the Steelers really want "it" this year.