PDA

View Full Version : Game balls Steelers win over Rats.

zulater
11-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Big Ben on offense.

James Harrison on defense.

No goats. Just one big ass named Suggs.

- - - Updated - - -

Give one to Blake too.

And Martaveous, and AB. lol

Steelman
11-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Deebo changed this game. Not a doubt about it.

Special mention to Ben for rising above the chaos and getting the offense into gear.

Steeltreal
11-02-2014, 11:13 PM
feels like December

Polamalu Princess
11-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Ben!!!

st33lersguy
11-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Balls: Ben (fumble forgiven), AB, Harrison, Martavis, Spaeth, you know what, give it to the entire offense, 94 points in 2 games

Goats: Special teams, the purple clad wannabe Ray Lewis's and Ray Rice's

Steelerette
11-02-2014, 11:17 PM
The only real goat I can think of is whoever decided to inactivate McCullers in favor of Cam Thomas. Joe is horrible when he has to hurry... so go on and destroy the pocket a couple times a game.

Game Ball: Martavis. Ben is the obvious choice but Martavis completely changes the way this team can play offense. Unbelievable.

Lady Steel
11-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Ben and Deebo for sure! Love this team right now!!!

GoSlash27
11-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Mad props to Ben for standing and delivering after the ugly start. 12 TDs in 2 games is whooping ass wholesale.
And can't forget Deebo, who was clearly the media darling.

But my gameball goes to Antonio Brown, who was like hemlock in the open field tonight.
People's exhibit #1:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000422119/Wk-9-Can-t-Miss-Play-Brown-can-t-be-stopped

Lady Steel
11-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Mad props to Ben for standing and delivering after the ugly start. 12 TDs in 2 games is whooping ass wholesale.
And can't forget Deebo, who was clearly the media darling.

But my gameball goes to Antonio Brown, who was like hemlock in the open field tonight.

Antonio had an outstanding game, as well. He's money!

stillers4me
11-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Deebo after the game: I'm old and slow..... :lol:

Craic
11-02-2014, 11:23 PM
Ben had a great game . . . but can you give it to him when his receivers fought and clawed for catches and yards? AB stiff-armed, chucked, and motored through players tonight.

AB had a great game . . . but can you give it to him when Ben did such a fabulous job under attack, still standing strong in the pocket?

I'd say give it to both of them, but the O line settled down and, against the toughest D line this team has to face, started to protect Ben and let him get some good plays in.

And then there's the defense. Harrison? Blake? McClendon? And I know I'm forgetting a few.

Oh, and Wing throws for two points on a broken play, has a nice series of punts to keep us out of trouble... and then he and Suisham Tag Team a Raven during the last scrum!

I say give the game ball to the coaching staff. They stuck to their guns, ignored all the negativity, and now this team is dropping 40 plus points on opponents, getting sacks, forcing turnovers, and all around proving they want to play NFL football.

Dwinsgames
11-02-2014, 11:26 PM
wow ............

just wow ............

Ben
Harrison
Bryant
Brown
Mean Joe

Shoes
11-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Cody Ball Buster Wallace. :chuckle:

Jaucer
11-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Amen to that!!!!

In response to Craic post.

st33lersguy
11-02-2014, 11:30 PM
94 points in 2 games!

GoSlash27
11-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Also gotta mention Brad Wing. How 'dout dat Aussie?

X-Terminator
11-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Game Ball: Martavis. Ben is the obvious choice but Martavis completely changes the way this team can play offense. Unbelievable.

I'll say it again - best decision Tomlin and Haley have made all season. The results do not lie.

polamalubeast
11-02-2014, 11:32 PM
124 points in the last 3 games!This was at home and the Steelers have scored fewer than 20 points in three of their four games on the road this year.I hope that the offense will play well on the road this time in the next games

The defense also played very well in recent weeks, so it's an amazing turnaround since losing against the browns!

fansince'76
11-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Gotta give one to Haley. I thought the offense came out too conservative, but once they smelled the blood in the water it was attack, attack, and attack some more the rest of the way.

Mojouw
11-02-2014, 11:34 PM
I think Haley gets one. That is a lot of points he has dialed up the plays for in the past 2 weeks.

Also a game ball to whoever the hell is in charge of finding WR's for the Steelers. They have developed ton of talent that no one else wanted at that position in the last half decade or so.

zulater
11-02-2014, 11:36 PM
124 points in the last 3 games!This was at home and the Steelers have scored fewer than 20 points in three of their four games on the road this year.I hope that the offense will play well on the road this time in the next games

The defense also played very well in recent weeks, so it's an amazing turnaround since losing against the browns!

Bryant has really opened up the field for Ben. Plus Wheaton and Ben finally appear to be getting on the same page. I think this is a different team than the one that left Cleveland 3 weeks ago. But this could be a potential let down game. Going to have to work extra hard to keep the focus where it needs to be after 3 great weeks.

steelreserve
11-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Harrison for sure.

There were so many player on offense who had a great night it's hard to get more specific.

My hat also goes off to the CB scrub brigade for looking like legitimate NFL defenders tonight. Blake had a hell of a game, McCain was not bad, and Gay has somehow turned everything on its head and become our best defensive back. I don't think Gay Island has a very good sound to it though.

zulater
11-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Gotta give one to Haley. I thought the offense came out too conservative, but once they smelled the blood in the water it was attack, attack, and attack some more the rest of the way.

Loved the play action to Spaeth. Spike in Harbitch's heart!

Devilsdancefloor
11-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Ben/Harrison will honorable mention going to Will Allen for playing a heck of a game filling in for troy

Goat: refs for im going to throw you out of the game and never doing anything

zulater
11-02-2014, 11:40 PM
I don't think Gay Island has a very good sound to it though.

Yeah sounds like someplace Tom Brady might spend a weekend at.

Mojouw
11-02-2014, 11:40 PM
I also think Lebeau gets one for going back to the drawing board and bringing in some changes that really worked. Went back to some zone-blitz basics and one of those resulted in a INT for Worilds. The second was that looping stunt (or at least delayed rush) with the OLB'er on Kiesel's side. Both Moats and Harrison got pressure with that. I also saw more actual blitzes (more than 4 rushers) than in previous weeks. Maybe the players are finally getting the mental side of things down?

fansince'76
11-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Loved the play action to Spaeth. Spike in Harbitch's heart!

Exactly. I haven't seen a Steelers offense do anything like that since the late '70s. Cowher would have just ground it out right there.

stillers4me
11-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Tomlin: he had mean Joe Greene address the team before the game.

Jaucer
11-02-2014, 11:43 PM
I have to give the game balls to Deebo & Ben. I just might have to give Ben a new nickname, Timex, takes a licking and still keeps on ticking. Damn he took some punishment early but in Ben fashion never let him phase him and delivered a great game. As for Deebo, he was a one man wrecking crew although Keisel helped him out. I got to admit I was totally wrong about Keisel. I thought he was only good backup depth. He's been awesome the last 2 games.

steelreserve
11-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Yeah sounds like someplace Tom Brady might spend a weekend at.

They showed a stat right after halftime comparing the pressure that was being put on Flacco and Ben .. like, Sacks 1-3; Knockdowns 4-1; Hurries 2-2; Batted Balls 0-0

I was like hmm batted balls ... I bet Brady leads the league in that stat by a commanding margin.

fansince'76
11-02-2014, 11:45 PM
I have to give the game balls to Deebo & Ben. I just might have to give Ben a new nickname, Timex, takes a licking and still keeps on ticking. Damn he took some punishment early but in Ben fashion never let him phase him and delivered a great game. As for Deebo, he was a one man wrecking crew although Keisel helped him out. I got to admit I was totally wrong about Keisel. I thought he was only good backup depth. He's been awesome the last 2 games.

I gotta admit I was wrong about Harrison - I didn't think he had any gas left in the tank either. Man, was I wrong.

Craic
11-02-2014, 11:46 PM
Ben/Harrison will honorable mention going to Will Allen for playing a heck of a game filling in for troy

Goat: refs for im going to throw you out of the game and never doing anything

I gotta disagree with you on the goat. I thought the refs did a great job of not overreacting, but still keeping the game pretty much under control, especially when it looked like it was about to turn into a brawl in the third quarter. No one had done anything yet to deserve to be tossed (Suggs play was literally below the belt, and the Steelers reacted appropriately, but Suggs was also being a professional there. He could've just as easily aimed for the small of the back or for the back of the knees. He didn't, he went for the buttocks/thighs—there's a Tom Brady joke in there someplace as well.)

Mojouw
I gotta admit I was wrong about Harrison - I didn't think he had any gas left in the tank either. Man, was I wrong.

I should get right in line behind you for that one as well. I totally thought both Kiesel and Harrison were done.

zulater

3 weeks ago that's the way it looked. Different man the last two weeks.

Craic
11-02-2014, 11:48 PM

I'm about 85-90 percent there with you. I thought he would have a bit left, but nothing like what we saw tonight. I was seriously impressed.

What is with James Harrison and the Ravens in night games at Heinz Field?

Mojouw
11-02-2014, 11:50 PM
I'm about 85-90 percent there with you. I thought he would have a bit left, but nothing like what we saw tonight. I was seriously impressed.

What is with James Harrison and the Ravens in night games at Heinz Field?

Harrison reminded me of Otis Anderson at the end of his career with Parcells and the Giants. He wasn't all of what he once was anymore, but when ever they needed a big performance in a crucial game, they would have Simms turn around and hand it to the big man 30 times a game.

Steelman
11-02-2014, 11:52 PM
Another special mention to Munch...saw a shot of him sitting down with the OL after that 3-sack drive and he was cool and collected and reminding them of their notes. I think he really instilled some confidence back into them. We couldn't generate any ground game, but I'd rather sacrifice that and keep Ben alive. Glad they were about to do that and mitigate the damage in an intense slugfest.

st33lersguy
11-02-2014, 11:57 PM
Tomlin: he had mean Joe Greene address the team before the game.

Have him address the team before the Jets and Titans game

Lady Steel
11-03-2014, 12:12 AM
Wing and Sweet Cheeks wanna play, too! :lol:

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2417268/specialteamssuperfriendsteamup.0.gif

tube517
11-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Harrison reminded me of Otis Anderson at the end of his career with Parcells and the Giants. He wasn't all of what he once was anymore, but when ever they needed a big performance in a crucial game, they would have Simms turn around and hand it to the big man 30 times a game.

very good analogy. They won a Super Bowl letting 73 year old OJ Anderson pound it.

Butch
11-03-2014, 12:32 AM
Gotta love the pathetic tactics that the ratturds try to use to shake up Ben and instead of intimidating him they fire him up!!! Ben and Debo definitely the game ball winners. Give the team a great big hand for not retaliating for all the cheap shots and securing the win.

I agree that the Refs sucked for not throwing out the ratturds for their cheap shot tactics all game long. If Suggs was professional he never would have taken that cheap shot on Blount, when the play was clearly over. He was trying to deliver a cheap shot and should have been thrown out of the game for it.

Steeldude
11-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Harrison and BR, but really the whole team.

As for goats, I suppose Wing. Gilbert and Beachum weren't so fantastic either, but they were good enough to get the win.

steel9guy
11-03-2014, 12:43 AM
Ben and Harrison. Game ball. What a game.

Mojouw
11-03-2014, 12:53 AM
very good analogy. They won a Super Bowl letting 73 year old OJ Anderson pound it.

YEah. I still have memories of that playoff run. They kinda dusted off Otis and told him it was the playoffs. Old man river took it from there.

Drazo85
11-03-2014, 04:32 AM
Defensive backfield. These guys held their own entire night, and some of the sacks and hits on Flacco are direct result of their excellent coverage.

Count Steeler
11-03-2014, 05:19 AM
Team effort with some special moments. Ben with the Popeye impression. AB for acting like a full back. Deebo for being Deebo. (I was wrong on him as well) DeCastro for nailing someone in the first half. Munchak for getting the O Line to settle down. Pouncey for keeping his guys under control.

Upshaw should be fined, he left his feet. On the good side, he woke this team up.
Suggs continues to prove he is a thug.

Ravens, that was not hard nosed football. That was cheap shots with intent to injure to too many of our players.

86WARD
11-03-2014, 05:36 AM
Ben, Harrison and the CBs. Goat is once again Tomlin and the coaching staff. Burned two timeouts that could've been critical in a game like this.

venom
11-03-2014, 05:48 AM
Game ball goes to the coach that benched Cortez Allen

Moose
11-03-2014, 06:43 AM
After watching the game last night, there is no way in hell I could single anyone for 'the game ball' ! The whole team, offense/defense, played lights out, Steeler football. Other than the flob of letting the rat's have a easy TD on the return, the Steeler's looked hungry ! I'm loving what they're doing the past 3 weeks, just hating the slow starts they do. Game ball to everyone ! Great team effort !! Bring on the bungholes !!

zulater
11-03-2014, 06:47 AM
Ben, Harrison and the CBs. Goat is once again Tomlin and the coaching staff. Burned two timeouts that could've been critical in a game like this.

Kudos to Tomlin for a great challenge though. Was a huge play getting the sack and forcing the punt there. And I'm not sure Tomlin is responsible for those blown time outs. Haley is the one who has to have the right guys on the field in a timely manner.

tube517
11-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Defensive backfield. These guys held their own entire night, and some of the sacks and hits on Flacco are direct result of their excellent coverage.

Other than that early TD, they played well.

I noticed McCain limping off the field late....

Craic
11-03-2014, 10:11 AM
Kudos to Tomlin for a great challenge though. Was a huge play getting the sack and forcing the punt there. And I'm not sure Tomlin is responsible for those blown time outs. Haley is the one who has to have the right guys on the field in a timely manner.

And for that matter, Ben is the one who has to make the adjustments, get the guys on the field up to the line and ready, and the guys have to put it all together and do it. Unless it's something pretty clear, we usually don't know what really happened, so guessing is just that, guessing.

steel striker
11-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Ben & James and, the WR's for making plays also credit Haley nice game the last two games. The defense turned this game around and, the offense made them pay. Plus Ben has been on fire the last two weeks and, just about all the rat bird fan base crying about the calls. In game one in Baltimore everything went their way. Tonight was the Steelers night but, it did not start that way. I still say that cheap shot on Ben pissed the entire team off and, they responded big time. Huge game by the defense they kept the pressure on Flacco most of the night.

Shoes
11-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Wing and Sweet Cheeks wanna play, too! :lol:

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2417268/specialteamssuperfriendsteamup.0.gif

This was the play Wallace was flagged on and if I read his lips correctly as he came to the side line, it looked like he said "I punched him" :chuckle:

st33lersguy
11-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Game goat to Terrell Thugs for continuing to be a cheap shot delivering asshole, the whiny asshole John Harbitch, if anyone deserves the success he has gotten less, it's him (even less than Bellicheat), and the Ravens for looking like crap

steelreserve
11-03-2014, 12:05 PM
This was the play Wallace was flagged on and if I read his lips correctly as he came to the side line, it looked like he said "I punched him" :chuckle:

I also liked how after that, we got an 80-yard kickoff for a touchback. That's something you don't see every day.