PDA

View Full Version : 12 TD pass in the last 2 games for Roethlisberger!!!!!

polamalubeast
11-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Not bad!!!!

And 124 points in the last 3 games for the steelers!!!!

Ben Roethlisberger: 1st QB in NFL history to throw for 12 TD in a 2-game span

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/529136367838957569

polamalubeast
11-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Jamison Hensley:Do Ravens have Big Ben's number?

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/14892/do-the-ravens-have-big-bens-number?src=mobile&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2F0I8 kkeHFzu%22%7D

- - - Updated - - -

Ben Roethlisberger the last weeks: 65/86 (75.6%) 862 yards 12 TDs 0 INT.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/529138568330231809

Steelman
11-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Game Manager.

:chuckle:

zulater
11-02-2014, 11:16 PM
Raven nut hugger Hensley crying tonight.

Craic
11-02-2014, 11:16 PM
Um, his QB rating is136.2 for this game, and 146.4 for the last two games combined. Unbelievable.

tube517
11-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Um, his QB rating is136.2 for this game, and 146.4 for the last two games combined. Unbelievable.

Meh, just a game manager. :chuckle:

vader29
11-02-2014, 11:19 PM

Lady Steel
11-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Congratulations, Ben! So proud of you. You da man!

Steelerette
11-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Ben on the year:

22 TD
3 INT

X-Terminator
11-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Ben on the year:

22 TD
3 INT

Yeah, they should totally trade him.

:sarcasm:

Steelerette
11-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Yeah, they should totally trade him.

:sarcasm:
I don't think anyone wanted to see him gone, but there was some thought that, if we don't think we can compete for a title in the rest of his career, let's put him in a good place and get a return on it then.

It looks like the organization's response to that line of thought was... "You were saying?"

- - - Updated - - -

The only downside is, maybe they should have extended him this past offseason. Haley and Munch are doing a great job keeping him healthy... even if he comes down to earth a little the rest of the season, his price has gone way up! :lol:

Jaucer
11-02-2014, 11:53 PM
I don't care if it goes way up. He is worth it. Were else can you find a QB of his talent that is willing and physically able to take the beating he has taken and shake it off as nothing has happened? Absolutely no were. Brady, Manning, Manning 2, Rivers, RGSHITT, where???? Even Luck folded to an extent when beaten like a drum last week. Ben is special. I don't care how anyone wants to spin it, you just can't replace the guy.

X-Terminator
11-02-2014, 11:58 PM
I don't think anyone wanted to see him gone, but there was some thought that, if we don't think we can compete for a title in the rest of his career, let's put him in a good place and get a return on it then.

It looks like the organization's response to that line of thought was... "You were saying?"

- - - Updated - - -

The only downside is, maybe they should have extended him this past offseason. Haley and Munch are doing a great job keeping him healthy... even if he comes down to earth a little the rest of the season, his price has gone way up! :lol:

I didn't agree with that sentiment then, and I damn sure don't agree with it now. The only thing the Steelers need to do with Ben is give him a blank check next spring.

Shoes
11-03-2014, 12:01 AM
I didn't agree with that sentiment then, and I damn sure don't agree with it now. The only thing the Steelers need to do with Ben is give him a blank check next spring.

I believe he's secured that the last two games.

Steelerette
11-03-2014, 12:26 AM
I've been watching the replay and I think Spaeth was actually a few inches short. We could have easily gotten the score anyways, but I wonder if we would have just gone into victory formation instead?

Count Steeler
11-03-2014, 05:32 AM
Not bad for 3 quarters. Don't know what was wrong in the 1st quarter. He started like 1 for 5 for maybe 3 yards.

That Popeye shot was the turning point of this game. It somehow got Ben into that nasty place where he needs to play. If he has that chip on his shoulder like he has to prove something, there is no one better.

venom
11-03-2014, 05:52 AM
I pray to God that the Steelers don't lay an egg and bow down to a less talented team like the Jets this weekend. Can't wait for the game , I'll be there !!!!

Steelerette
11-03-2014, 06:23 AM
In 2000, Kordell and Kent Graham combined for 10 TD passes on the season

Godfather
11-03-2014, 06:43 AM
In 2000, Kordell and Kent Graham combined for 10 TD passes on the season

After the players came back in 1987, Mark Malone threw 1 touchdown and 11 interceptions. We missed the playoffs by one game.

fansince'76
11-03-2014, 06:44 AM
After the players came back in 1987, Mark Malone threw 1 touchdown and 11 interceptions. We missed the playoffs by one game.

God, did that guy SUCK...

Bluecoat96
11-03-2014, 07:27 AM

One of my favorite all time Steelers jokes

"What do Mark Malone and Oral Roberts have in common?"

They both have a 100,000 people standing behind them saying, "Jesus Christ!"

katmandu
11-03-2014, 07:45 AM
The only downside is, maybe they should have extended him this past offseason. Very true!

The Rooney's are going to pay DEARLY for Ben now!

I just hope his HIGH contract WON'T be at the deteriment to the team as a whole. Too bad there's a Salary Cap! LOL!

zulater
11-03-2014, 07:52 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for providing proper context.

Speculating what to do with a 32 year old qb at the end of his contract if, and if is the key word here, if the season ends up short of the playoffs for the 3rd straight year. That's not reactionary at all given how the season started.

Reactionary would be wanting to fire both coordinators and the head coach a month into the season. Not claiming innocence here, but the guy who called me out was ever bit as reactionary as those of us he cares to "subtly" call out with his snide hit and run comments. :coffee:

- - - Updated - - -

Very true!

The Rooney's are going to pay DEARLY for Ben now!

I just hope his HIGH contract WON'T be at the deteriment to the team as a whole. Too bad there's a Salary Cap! LOL!

The market for franchise qb's is established. If Ben wants to go high end you got to give it to him. Hopefully though he'll choose to leave a little money on the table. But if he chooses to get all he can who could blame him? The Steelers have treated shabbily by not getting this done before this season.

NCSteeler
11-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Your all welcome. I benched Ben a few weeks ago on my fantasy team, it seems to have gotten his attention.

zulater
11-03-2014, 08:01 AM

Yeah. Damn. That's a 14 point decline from the previous game. At this rate he'll only go about 122 against the Jets! :frusty:

I keed! :lol: :wink02:

X-Terminator
11-03-2014, 08:23 AM
Thanks for providing proper context.

Speculating what to do with a 32 year old qb at the end of his contract if, and if is the key word here, if the season ends up short of the playoffs for the 3rd straight year. That's not reactionary at all given how the season started.

Reactionary would be wanting to fire both coordinators and the head coach a month into the season. Not claiming innocence here, but the guy who called me out was ever bit as reactionary as those of us he cares to "subtly" call out with his snide hit and run comments. :coffee:

You made the comments. So don't get upset when those of us who strongly disagreed with you call you out on it.

I've said it once, and I'll say it one last time. Under no circumstances do you even consider trading your franchise QB and consider guys like Mark Sanchez to take his place. Period, full stop.

zulater
11-03-2014, 08:33 AM
With no intent to call anyone out. One of things long professed about Ben, and supported by the numbers, (more on that later) was that if his passing attempts exceeded 30 or something like that the Stelers chance of winning was vastly diminished. More or less what was being suggested was that Ben was a glorified game manager. I never bought into this, because I thought a lot of this was cause and effect. Ben would often stake the Steelers to a good lead with his passing. Then by design the offense would go ultra conservative and Ben would fall short of the 30 attempt standard that so called elite qb's have to get to for some damn reason. :doh: I mean in many of these game Ben would accumulate 25 pass attempts by mid 3rd qtr, then only throw 2 or 3 more times the rest of the game. Another flaw with the 30 attempt theory is that if Ben could complete 20 passes in 28 attempts, how is it better if someone has the same number of completions with 8--10 more attempts?

Anyway to the here and now. Don;t the last two games completely dispel this notion once and for all? Offensive design is the only thing that's ever kept Ben from "winning games with his arm". (truth is he's win games with his arm and improv from the word go and has never stopped)

Ben had no running game last night against one of the league's best defenses. His pass protection was inconsistent to say the least. Yet he passed the Steelers to victory. So much for that old theory. Hopefully we never see it come up again.

- - - Updated - - -

You made the comments. So don't get upset when those of us who strongly disagreed with you call you out on it.

I've said it once, and I'll say it one last time. Under no circumstances do you even consider trading your franchise QB and consider guys like Mark Sanchez to take his place. Period, full stop.

Yeah I made the comments and in context they were perfectly reasonable. And I stand by them unashamed and unbowed. As things have transpired thankfully we are in the thick of a playoff race, which of course anyone with reading comprehension would understand was the disclaimer on any premise of moving on without Ben.

X-Terminator
11-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Yeah I made the comments and in context they were perfectly reasonable. And I stand by them unashamed and unbowed. As things have transpired thankfully we are in the thick of a playoff race, which of course anyone with reading comprehension would understand was the disclaimer on any premise of moving on without Ben.

I picked up on your "disclaimer" just fine, thank you. I am not a simpleton who can't read, write or comprehend words. That's perfectly fine if you stand behind your words. I also completely stand behind mine, which is you don't even trade him if you don't think you're going to make the playoffs. I'd rather them take their chances and try to win with Ben's arm than trade him and put some jabroni under center. All he's done the past 2 weeks is show exactly why you do that.

Steelerette
11-03-2014, 08:42 AM
With no intent to call anyone out. One of things long professed about Ben, and supported by the numbers, (more on that later) was that if his passing attempts exceeded 30 or something like that the Stelers chance of winning was vastly diminished. More or less what was being suggested was that Ben was a glorified game manager. I never bought into this, because I thought a lot of this was cause and effect. Ben would often stake the Steelers to a good lead with his passing. Then by design the offense would go ultra conservative and Ben would fall short of the 30 attempt standard that so called elite qb's have to get to for some damn reason. :doh: I mean in many of these game Ben would accumulate 25 pass attempts by mid 3rd qtr, then only throw 2 or 3 more times the rest of the game. Another flaw with the 30 attempt theory is that if Ben could complete 20 passes in 28 attempts, how is it better if someone has the same number of completions with 8--10 more attempts?

Anyway to the here and now. Don;t the last two games completely dispel this notion once and for all? Offensive design is the only thing that's ever kept Ben from "winning games with his arm". (truth is he's win games with his arm and improv from the word go and has never stopped)

Ben had no running game last night against one of the league's best defenses. His pass protection was inconsistent to say the least. Yet he passed the Steelers to victory. So much for that old theory. Hopefully we never see it come up again.

I'm not sure the root of the argument was really that Ben, in a vacuum, was incapable. It was obvious that he's great at making things happen. But until Munchak got things rolling I'm not sure we had the O-line for Ben going out and throwing 35+ to be a viable gameplan more than once in a blue moon. As you say, the numbers pretty well supported the argument - but you have to see a lot of the reason why is how much he got sacked and abused throughout his career, and how we pissed around at Tackle... and, I have to admit (even though I never thought a WR's size was a HUGE deal), how we kept ignoring Ben's wish for a BIG WR.

That's what was beautiful about the way this season unfolded: sure, I shared in some of the Haley frustrations but the little grain to find in there is that, he was calling things that would keep Ben upright and clean, even (maybe even usually) to the detriment of actually producing on the field. But he worked with Munchak and the offense... and it started clicking a little...

And then The Lord said "Hey we have this super tall, super fast WR who was elite at the college level... maybe he can play instead of Justin freaking Brown." And He saw that it was good.

So can Ben effectively pass more than 30 times a game? When he's got a respectable O-line and that big WR... then yes, yes he can.

zulater
11-03-2014, 08:53 AM
I picked up on your "disclaimer" just fine, thank you. I am not a simpleton who can't read, write or comprehend words. That's perfectly fine if you stand behind your words. I also completely stand behind mine, which is you don't even trade him if you don't think you're going to make the playoffs. I'd rather them take their chances and try to win with Ben's arm than trade him and put some jabroni under center. All he's done the past 2 weeks is show exactly why you do that.

I have no problem with your opinion.Never have. It's a valid position no doubt.

My problem is your complete dismissal of there even being a counter argument to that position if things had transpired in a prescribed way. That those who would dare even suggest that Ben's after season status after a 3rd straight non playoff year would be fluid and could potentially branch off in many different directions were just being reactionary disloyal idiots. I still maintain if we had or do miss the playoff all options concerning Ben, up to and including the possibility that Ben himself would want to move on would at least be privately if not publicly put on the table.

That's the last I've got to say on the matter.

tube517
11-03-2014, 11:13 AM
From the BSPN box score:

Ben Roethlisberger had 5 touchdowns on passes traveling 15+ yards downfield Sunday, the most in a game in Stats & Info's dataset (since 2006). Only the Ravens and Eagles have more touchdowns on deep passes (9 and 8, respectively) on the SEASON, than Roethlisberger has in the last two games. - Ben Roethlisberger had 5 touchdowns against four or fewer pass rushers Sunday, matching the most in a game in Stats & Info's dataset (since 2006).

ALLD
11-03-2014, 02:05 PM
The tall receiver might have something to do with Ben's height too and geometry. Gives Ben that area up high out of reach of most DBs where he can see better too.

Count Steeler
11-03-2014, 02:08 PM
The tall receiver might have something to do with Ben's height too and geometry. Gives Ben that area up high out of reach of most DBs where he can see better too.

Let's try McCullers in the red zone. Talk about a target. Don't know if he can catch though.

ALLD
11-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Modern pass catching "Refrigerator".

tube517
11-03-2014, 11:02 PM
http://steelers.247sports.com/Bolt/Roethlisbergers-Touchdown-Flurry-Put-In-Perspective-32610207

The 12 touchdown passes also ties four teams for their total season output.

Here is a list of the teams that Roethlisberger matched or surpassed over the past two weeks (stats through Sunday's games):

Oakland - 12
Tampa Bay - 12
Washington - 12
Carolina - 12
Detroit - 11
Tennessee - 11
Kansas City - 11
St. Louis - 11
Seattle - 11
Jacksonville - 11
Houston - 11
Cleveland - 10