PDA

View Full Version : "Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in"

zulater
11-02-2014, 07:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-IkWpm7TS0

This is me last week. Yes I was going to watch the game, but going in I was totally dispassionate. I wasn't going to get upset no matter how poorly they played. I was just going to by analytical, see who played good, who played bad. And have no trouble getting to sleep afterwards. But lo and behold the Steelers offense I thought was there at the beginning of the season finally decides to show up. Now for better or worse I'm back fully invested and nervous as hell about this game against the Ravens today! :pray:

Oh well. Go Steelers! :tt03:

GBMelBlount
11-02-2014, 07:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-IkWpm7TS0

This is me last week.

Yes I was going to watch the game, but going in I was totally dispassionate. I wasn't going to get upset no matter how poorly they played.

I was just going to by analytical, see who played good, who played bad. And have no trouble getting to sleep afterwards. But lo and behold the Steelers offense I thought was there at the beginning of the season finally decides to show up. Now for better or worse I'm back fully invested and nervous as hell about this game against the Ravens today! :pray:

Oh well. Go Steelers! :tt03:

This is my sentiments exactly.

It seems like every time I get amped up they crash and burn and I get really ticked off....

So last Sunday I turned on the game with no expectations and Wham!....they play lights out!

It seems like you just never know who is going to show up each week.

If there is any game they need to show up for it is definitely tonights!!

stillers4me
11-02-2014, 08:01 AM
At least you were watching the game, Zu! I was getting really pissed at people who "were done" and said they were wasting their time and had better things to do than watch this pathetic team. What are you people? Bengals fans?????????????????? Bengals fans only get out their gear to wear when the Bengals are winning. Bengals fans have been anything from Colts fans to Broncos fans to Seahawks fans over the years....as an emotional backup.

I may not like how the last few seasons have panned out, but I never gave my loyalty to another team or stopped watching just to pacify my poor wittle hurt feelings....and I watch every single daggum Steelers game.....and by living through the nightmares and disapointments, I've earned the right to the victory celebrations. ( Or maybe I've lived through bigger disappointments in my life than the Steelers not living up to my expectations).

Sorry folks, the bandwagon left without ya!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5AqSIfErRhM/Sozo4w3IAaI/AAAAAAAABaI/5KywZorCRYU/s800/bandwagon.jpg

86WARD
11-02-2014, 08:07 AM
At least you were watching the game, Zu! I was getting really pissed at people who "were done" and said they were wasting their time and had better things to do than watch this pathetic team. What are you people? Bengals fans?????????????????? Bengals fans only get out their gear to wear when the Bengals are winning. Bengals fans have been anything from Colts fans to Broncos fans to Seahawks fans over the years....as an emotional backup.

I may not like how the last few seasons have panned out, but I never gave my loyalty to another team just to pacify my poor wittle hurt feelings....and I watch ever single daggum Steelers game.....and by living through the nightmares an=nd dissapointments, I've earned the right to the victory celebrations.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5AqSIfErRhM/Sozo4w3IAaI/AAAAAAAABaI/5KywZorCRYU/s800/bandwagon.jpg

QFT

stillers4me
http://www.johnronzino.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/340x_01dewey.jpg

ALLD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbg5oXpq42Y

silver & black
11-02-2014, 08:09 AM
You guys would never survive being Raiders fans. :chuckle:

zulater
11-02-2014, 08:13 AM

I may not like how the last few seasons have panned out, but I never gave my loyalty to another team just to pacify my poor wittle hurt feelings....and I watch ever single daggum Steelers game.....and by living through the nightmares and dissapointments, I've earned the right to the victory celebrations.

Oh yeah. I never don't watch. And I always care. Just usually to an unhealthy level. :lol:And that's what I thought I was getting away from. :doh: They could be 3-12 going into the last game and I'm going to be watching the game either live or on NFL rewind afterwards if I had to drive that day.

stillers4me
11-02-2014, 08:17 AM
I've been just as critical of this team as anybody. But like ZU, I've slept just fine. I had low expectations...and oh, boy were they ever met!

After one historic and epic game for the ages ( I think the only one I ever enjoyed more than last week was the time we beat the Patriots*....and I mean we really BEAT them, other than SB wins, of course), we now have EXPECTATIONS. There will times these expectations will not be met....perhaps even tonight. But I'll be there to watch every single game. Win or lose. The Pittsburgh Steelers are MY team.

As I've said in the recent past, this fan base is not built for the "rebuilding years".

I think what I enjoyed so much about last week was Ben's very loud STFU to all the naysayers and critics. Long. Over. Due.

zulater
11-02-2014, 08:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbg5oXpq42Y

Dr Jekyll and Mr Haley is more like it for our offense. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

You guys would never survive being Raiders fans. :chuckle:

Au contraire. Many of us here are also Pirates fans. We've had more than our fair share of futility in recent years.

Godfather
11-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Au contraire. Many of us here are also Pirates fans. We've had more than our fair share of futility in recent years.

The Penguins have had some horrible seasons as well (early '80s and early '00s).

polamalubeast
11-02-2014, 12:01 PM
The steelers are very unpredictable this year...I do not know what to expect tonight

Maybe an ugly loss like a week 2 or a crazy game like last week, although it is impossible to have 600 yards of offense and 50 points two weeks in a row, especially against a good defense like the Ravens

I keep my expectations low since the defeat against Tampa Bay

Lady Steel
11-02-2014, 04:05 PM
I go into every week expecting a Steelers win. I never give up because I still believe in this team and in miracles. I've seen firsthand what this team can do when they're on a mission (Super Bowl XL).

Craic
11-02-2014, 04:41 PM
The anticipation is KILLING me. I've been this wrapped up in a game since the '08 season. I have no idea why, either. I think part of it's because I want to see Ben come out and hang another 300+ yards on the Ravens. Part of it is because I'm petrified that last week's offensive explosion was a one-week exhibition, and part of it is because Ben has only really had 2 bad games this year, and both of them have been against division opponents.

Lady Steel
11-02-2014, 04:51 PM
The anticipation is KILLING me. I've been this wrapped up in a game since the '08 season. I have no idea why, either. I think part of it's because I want to see Ben come out and hang another 300+ yards on the Ravens. Part of it is because I'm petrified that last week's offensive explosion was a one-week exhibition, and part of it is because Ben has only really had 2 bad games this year, and both of them have been against division opponents.

I'm feeling that same anticipation, Craic. We need this game to split with the Ravens. I don't know what to do with myself until the game starts. I'm all jittery and stuff. :lol:

Steelerette
11-02-2014, 05:20 PM
My second favorite team is the Bills, and if you live far enough north of the Burgh you might know a lot of people with similar sentiments.

So the good news is there's no danger of them becoming an emotional replacement during the down seasons :lol: (plus it gives me extra hate for the Pats... Ravens, Browns, Oilers, and Raiders merge into a mega team? If they're playing the Pats, I'll root for that mega-team anyways.)

I may get frustrated with the team, especially the way the past two seasons began, and while I'm patient I'm not afraid to call out players and especially coaches... eventually. But I never give up on the Steelers, even if I completely expect to lose a game.

That said, I don't think it's completely fair to point at people and say "you're not a real fan" if, not expecting to get anything out of it, they skip a game. Or go irrational on a coach. Or whatever. As long as they're still flying the black and gold... if you jump ship completely to go be a Broncos fan, then yeah, bandwagon flake. But think about the Pirates... remember the "fire Nutting" years? Or even the post All-Star (the 90s one) outrage? Those fans didn't go anywhere else... they just lost enthusiasm. After enough years in the tank, you have to start to ask "why wouldn't they?" - and look, now all the Pirates fans are back, but to call them bandwagoners is a little mean. They never jumped ship to the Yankees or Giants... but different people have different levels of involvement and emotional capacity, and now at last there's a product on the field worth their full enthusiasm. That's just the way it is.

Moose
11-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Like most, the Steeler's are my team, win or lose. The only other NFL team I root for is whoever is playing the bungholes ! When we are in a slump I just sit and get aggravated as hell. I don't have to worry about not watching because most of the time the damn bungholes are on TV, and I refuse to turn my TV on to that bunch of crap. If there are no other games to watch when the weather was decent I'd jump on the motorcycle and take a ride a few hours. And I never, ever bet against the Steeler's. College games I try to catch is the Notre' Dame action.

Crow-Magnon
11-02-2014, 06:12 PM
I thought after a good win streak that the Ravens were going to get a tough win in Cincinnati then play at Heinz against a poorly-playing Steelers team. What a difference a week makes in the NFL today. Now I am nervous, as the weak Ravens secondary, which had played pretty well the past few weeks, looked like the JV last week after Jimmy Smith went down. If I was Ben, I'd have my radar set on Dominque Franks all night. And the offense simply dried up.

I still think this will be a typical Baltimore-Pittsburgh AFCN game. But a blowout either way would not surprise me. Now...Miami blowing out San Diego? That surprised me!

zulater
11-09-2014, 01:04 PM
I've been chumped by the Steelers once again. :doh:

Steelerette
11-09-2014, 01:27 PM
I've been chumped by the Steelers once again. :doh:Perhaps they've shaken all the bad luck out of their system before the half. To be fair, it was more a comedy of errors than the spanking the score suggests :lol:

steelerdude15
11-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Anytime the Steelers play a team with a losing record, we should automatically expect them to play down to their competition's level.

86WARD
11-09-2014, 02:20 PM
I assumed everyone already did that. I know I do.

steel9guy
11-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Something in me snapped after the Tampa game. I am so sick of losing to bad teams. This is so pathetic. Jets and Bucs in one season!!!! FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelerdude15
11-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Hopefully the Steelers can win next week.

tube517
11-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Jekyll and Hyde schizophrenic team. Also, their identity is they start slow. If they don't force turnovers, they get no momentum.

NCSteeler
11-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Three more road games to lose, yay!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

86WARD
11-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Haven't pulled me all the way back in...glad I kept my guard up...lol.

Crow-Magnon
11-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Man, you have to be a real frickin' genius, clairvoyant or a combination of both to figure out who's going to win or lose in today's NFL. After the past two games, I thought Pittsburgh would blow out Gang Green like a Pop Warner team. Then again (even though they did get the W), I thought Baltimore would manhandle the Titans.

WTF happened to AFCN football? Am I in the midst of a bad dream? Good Lord, I'd hate to try earning a living betting big $$$ on these teams!

stillers4me
11-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Man, you have to be a real frickin' genius, clairvoyant or a combination of both to figure out who's going to win or lose in today's NFL. After the past two games, I thought Pittsburgh would blow out Gang Green like a Pop Warner team. Then again (even though they did get the W), I thought Baltimore would manhandle the Titans.

WTF happened to AFCN football? Am I in the midst of a bad dream? Good Lord, I'd hate to try earning a living betting big $$$ on these teams!

The Browns are in sole 1st place............can you believe that shit? :lol:

silver & black
11-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Look on the bright side.... the Raiders aren't on your schedule this year. :chuckle:...:wink02:

stillers4me
11-09-2014, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=silver & black;458292]Look on the bright side.... the Raiders aren't on your schedule this year. :chuckle:...:wink02:[/QUOTE}

Your Raiders are giving Peyton manning a rough time today!

Shoes
11-09-2014, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=silver & black;458292]Look on the bright side.... the Raiders aren't on your schedule this year. :chuckle:...:wink02:[/QUOTE}

Your Raiders are giving Peyton manning a rough time today!

Not any longer 41-10

silver & black
11-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Yeah..... we all know my Raiders aren't taking out Dungver.

Lady Steel
11-10-2014, 12:29 AM
The Browns are in sole 1st place............can you believe that shit? :lol:

No! Please make it go away! :lala:

Dwinsgames
11-10-2014, 04:21 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10606607_10154836909180010_1872820017075927904_n.j pg?oh=1e1d0332d233db1d0803954e638e01b5&oe=54F00086&__gda__=1424412665_cc8e5e58ff88d9a027081c8d2e95ac9 c

Tomlin read above .... why not be prepared when it comes time to play lessor teams ?

zulater
11-17-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm officially done having any faith in this team until Tomlin is fired. Which means I'll probably be a casual observer of Steeler games for the rest of my life. This team sucks! And will continue to do so until such time as the owner has the balls to pull the plug on Tomlin.

Craic
11-17-2014, 11:04 PM
I'm officially done having any faith in this team until Tomlin is fired. Which means I'll probably be a casual observer of Steeler games for the rest of my life. This team sucks! And will continue to do so until such time as the owner has the balls to pull the plug on Tomlin.

And the funniest thing is . . . they sucked you back in again. This time, the entire thing happened during ONE GAME.

:sofunny:

HollywoodSteel
11-17-2014, 11:19 PM
And the funniest thing is . . . they sucked you back in again. This time, the entire thing happened during ONE GAME.

:sofunny:

He is not alone. I could have written this script before the season began. We all know how they do it. No matter how many times we say we're not gonna let this team shave any more years off our lives... we go ahead and let them. Now I'm all happy going into the bye... knowing full well they'll break my heart all over again at some point.

I don't really think I actually enjoy watching the Steelers play... unless I'm re-watching a game that I know they already won. What's great is I'm sure there are millions of other fans just like me out there. :)

tube517
11-17-2014, 11:22 PM
He is not alone. I could have written this script before the season began. We all know how they do it. No matter how many times we say we're not gonna let this team shave any more years off our lives... we go ahead and let them. Now I'm all happy going into the bye... knowing full well they'll break my heart all over again at some point.

I don't really think I actually enjoy watching the Steelers play... unless I'm re-watching a game that I know they already won. What's great is I'm sure there are millions of other fans just like me out there. :)

:wave: Yours truly..... :lol:

zulater
11-17-2014, 11:22 PM
Yep. At least we get a week off now. Going to need a better effort against the Saints. Yeah I know they're crap, and we're generally better at home. But if we don't win that one, this one largely relegated to meaningless background music.

Lady Steel
11-17-2014, 11:30 PM
I'm all in from here on out.

Butch
11-17-2014, 11:41 PM
The Steelers are my drug of choice. I know that watching them is not good for my health,...I just can't quit them.

zulater
11-17-2014, 11:42 PM
The Steelers are my drug of choice. I know that watching them is not good for my health,...I just can't quit them.

Well said. :applaudit:

polamalubeast
11-18-2014, 10:28 AM
It was not an impressive win yesterday!

It was a must win game against the 2-7 Titans and the Titans were leading 24-13 after the Steelers were leading 10-0....A win is a win, but the Steelers are awful on the road

Moose
11-18-2014, 11:12 AM
I know a win is a win per say, but just once I'd love to see the ole' Steeler's show up and kick ass on a bottom feeder from coin flip to game end. What the hell is going on with this team ? For almost 3 qtrs. against Tenn. we were getting man handled by rookies. Thank God for alcohol, it kept me mellow. What are the coaches and Rooney's watching for 60 minutes ? This team has so much potential and talented young player's, yet all seems mishandled. I just can't find myself NOT watching when able, I still think they are going to hit 'high' gear and start blowing teams away and I definitely want to witness that event. It's just so strange that this team, as a whole, can't seem to play as one. One week the Offense can't get it together and the Defense has to carry, the next week the Def. can't perform and the Offense is playing light's out. Then the Special team....ugh, that's another story. Tackling seems to be an issue so many times. But, hopefully there will be a time soon when ALL parts of this team comes together and takes us to the next #7 trophy ! I do feel Ben has it in him yet, and the WR's and RB's we have can roll this team, the young defensive player's are starting to come around and I feel can also do the job sufficiently. Coaching seems to be on the wrong page at times, but hopefully they have a scheme in progress that I don't see or understand. So, even though they piss the hell out of me on gameday's the past few year's, they are my team and I'll suffer along with ya' all with the hope and expectation that it's not much longer when the Black/Gold stands tall again and becomes a team of fear for opponents. Thanks for letting me vent and share my beliefs, been a fan since the 60's and I damn sure ain't going anywhere else. Even though during a terrible game and on a nice day here in Indiana, I've been known to jump on the motorcycle and ride to clear my mind. GO STEELER's

X-Terminator
11-18-2014, 09:39 PM
It was not an impressive win yesterday!

It was a must win game against the 2-7 Titans and the Titans were leading 24-13 after the Steelers were leading 10-0....A win is a win, but the Steelers are awful on the road

And yet, they are now 3-3 on the road. Would you rather them be 1-4 on the road like the Saints? Now that is a team that is truly awful on the road.

If you win all or most of your games at home and split on the road, guess what? You're in the playoffs.

Face it, it is very difficult to win games on the road against ANY OPPONENT. I wish fans would understand that.

blackngldblood
11-18-2014, 09:42 PM

It is a very unpleasant event watching these Steelers play bad teams. I went on a rant about the game to my wife before she went to lay down for bed about how shitty they play bad teams, and that it is frustrating and embarrassing, and was down right pissing me off. I went to tell her goodnight, and she asked if they won and I reluctantly told her yes, because I probably should have been saying no. But you know what? I'll cut off my left arm to be able to watch them shit the bed against gang green and the buc's because, God damn it, I love this team. I'll probably end up dying of a massive heart attack one day while they lay an egg against the Raiders or the Vikings. But I'll die doing what I love to do most! It's pretty twisted, isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steelerette
11-18-2014, 09:43 PM
To tell you the truth it wasn't an "unimpressive win."

A ridiculous series of events at the end of the second quarter, a fine display of Tomlin's clock management skills, swung the game between 10 and 14 points.

Besides that 50 seconds of genius, we played a pretty good all around game.

zulater
11-30-2014, 02:39 PM
I'm done with the 2014 Steelers. No reason to expend anymore passion on this dead dog. Oh I'm sure they'll win next week to try to tease me back in. But I'm not getting chumped again by this bunch. Put a fork in this team. They're dead.

Drazo85
11-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Im feeling sick right now, and im wondering why i keep doing this to myself each and every week.

zulater
11-30-2014, 03:38 PM
And of course with the Ravens and Browns losing the Steelers still control their own destiny. The tease continues! :lol:

plenewken
11-30-2014, 04:33 PM
I'm done with the 2014 Steelers. No reason to expend anymore passion on this dead dog. Oh I'm sure they'll win next week to try to tease me back in. But I'm not getting chumped again by this bunch. Put a fork in this team. They're dead.

I've lost interest in these losers a long time ago.
Now, I'm having a lot of fun watching the Penguins.

86WARD
11-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Never let them sucker me back in...lol.

Count Steeler
11-30-2014, 07:33 PM
They are the Pittsburgh Steelers. Right now, not a very talented team. Too inconsistent and poorly coached.

Start with Colbert and time to stock pile some players/draft choices. The loss of Mauro is a microcosm as to how poorly this team is being managed.

Keeping someone (L. Jones) who has no hope of seeing the field, over a player (J. Mauro) that has a promising career, speaks to how mismanaged this team is. Of course, exacerbated now with the loss of Keisel.

zulater
12-07-2014, 06:22 PM
And of course with the Ravens and Browns losing the Steelers still control their own destiny. The tease continues! :lol:

Nope, nope, nope! Not going to buy in! Just a one week aberration. Another tease. :behindsofa:

Butch
12-08-2014, 07:46 AM
Nope, nope, nope! Not going to buy in! Just a one week aberration. Another tease. :behindsofa:

Oh come on now, you know you can't resist Steeler girlfriend (Got this from Mike Taylor Ticket 760 here in San Antonio who asked cowboy fans about cowboy girlfriend a few years back when they made the playoffs with Tony Romo).

Steeler Girlfriend - She will entice you, make you your favorite drink and a nice dinner and dressed in your favorite outfit. Then she will break out the Whips and Chain and beat the hell out of you, and "you will lay there pleading with your insides bleeding cause you deep down want some more" (Billy Joel).

86WARD
12-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Not jumping back in yet...lol. But testing the waters.

zulater
12-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Not jumping back in yet...lol. But testing the waters.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'm back fully invested. :high5:

Until they lose to the 5-8 Falcons next week. :doh:

Damn I hope this time they got something figured out and this doesn't happen again! :pray:

bayz101
12-08-2014, 10:52 AM
I swear if I thought like some you i'd ban myself from posting after losses. :sofunny:

I'm sure it's painful for you, but it's hilarious for me.