PDA

View Full Version : Controversial message posted on Steelers’ Shazier’s social media accounts

tube517
11-01-2014, 05:36 AM
http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/controversial-message-posted-steelers-shazier/nhxZq/

A controversial message was posted on Steelers’ Ryan Shazier’s Instagram and Twitter accounts Friday night. It was deleted 40 minutes later, but Channel 11 has it.

A photo saying, “Would you smack your ex for a million dollars?”

Shazier’s added a comment, saying, “Lol. I thought this was funny.”

Dumb dumb dumb. SMH

Dwinsgames
11-01-2014, 05:53 AM
ugh ................

salamander
11-01-2014, 07:10 AM
Why would you post something so stupid... :doh:

X-Terminator
11-01-2014, 07:29 AM
Another argument for forbidding athletes from using social media as long as they are employed by their teams. Many of them aren't smart enough to use it the right way.

Texasteel
11-01-2014, 07:41 AM
My ex would have slapped me for a buck and a quarter, and that was when we where still married.

steelerdude15
11-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Let's hope his post was meant for something else.

salamander
11-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Let's hope his post was meant for something else.

Doesn't matter what it was meant for. He posted it and he should've used MUCH better judgment before doing so.

stillers4me
11-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Yes, on the surface it is very dumb...but maybe he meant that the message was stupid. One of the problems with social media is that sometimes the intent of the message is mistaken. I prefer to think that it's not DV that he thinks is "funny" but the thought that someone would actually think that original message was serious and he found it absurd or "funny" that someone could actually consider that. And it was pointed out to him that the way it came across was ....not as he intended.

st33lersguy
11-01-2014, 09:19 AM
The answer Ryan is always "NO F***ING WAY! DON'T MESSAGE ME EVER AGAIN"

one side only
11-01-2014, 09:35 AM
YGBSM . . . the feminization of the NFL continues.

Steeldude
11-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Who cares? People make jokes on all sorts of subjects. I always jokingly tell my friends that I only hit my wife when she burns dinner.

Shazier needs to realize there are whiny liberals just waiting for something to pounce on and make a big deal out of.

NCSteeler
11-01-2014, 01:37 PM
It's hilarious, because of course you would slap your ex for free. I mean what's not to get

Craic
11-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Who cares? People make jokes on all sorts of subjects. I always jokingly tell my friends that I only hit my wife when she burns dinner.

Shazier needs to realize there are whiny liberals just waiting for something to pounce on and make a big deal out of.

That's not the point.

The point is that they lack common sense to understand the current Zeitgeist of the league concerning domestic abuse. Moreover, it's one thing to joke among your friends, or in a situation where people can tell your joking. If we're at a store and my wife is going on and on, especially when she's being a smart alec, I'll turn to the clerk and say, "Sorry, but she gets this way whenever I give her shoes to wear for the weekend." Wife laughs, clerk laughs, those around us laugh, because the situation allows for it.

Just a few weeks after a massive domestic abuse "scandal" in the NFL? No, wrong time. A person's gotta be smarter than that.

Shoes
11-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Really doesn't matter Goodell is more concerned about those empty seats at Heinz field.

86WARD
11-02-2014, 08:18 AM
Just a question. A dumb one but just a question. So would you?

zulater
11-02-2014, 08:54 AM
That's not the point.

The point is that they lack common sense to understand the current Zeitgeist of the league concerning domestic abuse. Moreover, it's one thing to joke among your friends, or in a situation where people can tell your joking. If we're at a store and my wife is going on and on, especially when she's being a smart alec, I'll turn to the clerk and say, "Sorry, but she gets this way whenever I give her shoes to wear for the weekend." Wife laughs, clerk laughs, those around us laugh, because the situation allows for it.

Just a few weeks after a massive domestic abuse "scandal" in the NFL? No, wrong time. A person's gotta be smarter than that.

20 something men don't always make smart decisions in what they say and what they do. I'm not going to kill the guy for this. Made a stupid tweet, deleted it, now we move on. I'm sure someone inside the room will give him a talking to. And that's all that's needed.

Renegade
11-02-2014, 08:58 AM

This = Amen

Devilsdancefloor
11-02-2014, 09:14 AM

QFT!! i used to joke about well its time to gosmackthe wife and kiss the dog until a LT took me serious. i really think at times it is hard to show sarcasm over social media or forums, so i will give him the benefit of doubt.

stillers4me
11-02-2014, 09:23 AM
20 something men don't always make smart decisions in what they say and what they do. I'm not going to kill the guy for this. Made a stupid tweet, deleted it, now we move on. I'm sure someone inside the room will give him a talking to. And that's all that's needed.

^^^^^^A very big THIS

Shoes
11-02-2014, 09:52 AM

I'm sure his Dad was the first one to get his ear.

stillers4me
11-02-2014, 09:56 AM
As far as I can tell, the media has missed this altogether and I deleted this post from the twitter feed as to not draw attention to it.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.607994196377996843&pid=1.7

vader29
11-02-2014, 10:50 AM
As far as I can tell, the media has missed this altogether and I deleted this post from the twitter feed as to not draw attention to it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it brought up on the pregame tonight though.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWkJzA_CIAAu3-j.jpg