PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison and Dick LeBeau: Reunited and it feels so good

stillers4me
10-31-2014, 08:40 PM
They're not prone to shows of emotion, these men.
They don't talk about feelings or throw around mushy sentiments and they try, Dick LeBeau (http://www.nfl.com/player/dicklebeau/2519234/profile) and James Harrison (http://www.nfl.com/player/jamesharrison/2504844/profile) both, to explain their football partnership in precise impassionate words.

So fine. Leave the emotion out. And just ask James Harrison (http://www.nfl.com/player/jamesharrison/2504844/profile) if he thinks his career would've taken a different shape had he played not in Dick LeBeau (http://www.nfl.com/player/dicklebeau/2519234/profile)'s defense, but in another man's.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/photo/2014/08/05/0ap2000000374401.jpg (http://now.nfl.com/?icampaign=nflnow-inline-article-Launch_WatchYourNFL)

"I don't know," he says, "if I would've had a career."............

read more @ http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000420669/article/james-harrison-and-dick-lebeau-reunited-and-it-feels-so-good

SteelerFanInStl
10-31-2014, 10:13 PM
James had 2 sacks against Indy. This man's career is not over! Let's hope that he can let Flacco know that he's back on Sunday.

Lady Steel
11-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Thanks for posting this article, Stillers. I had tears in my eyes reading through it at the end. The special bond Coach LeBeau and Deebo have is one that will never, ever be replicated.

Steeldude
11-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Getting old really does suck. I have been in/out of bed for 2 weeks due to a bad back from many years of sports. One cool thing came out of it. I made an appointment for an orthopedist using the ZocDoc app. When I arrived I noticed a Steelers jersey hanging on the wall. I asked the doctor if he was a Steeler's fan. He said yes and he was also the Steelers team doctor for a few years. I asked how Harrison was as a person. He said he is always joking around. He told me a short story of how Harrison put salt in his coffee. Haha.

Dwinsgames
11-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Getting old really does suck. I have been in/out of bed for 2 weeks due to a bad back from many years of sports. One cool thing came out of it. I made an appointment for an orthopedist using the ZocDoc app. When I arrived I noticed a Steelers jersey hanging on the wall. I asked the doctor if he was a Steeler's fan. He said yes and he was also the Steelers team doctor for a few years. I asked how Harrison was as a person. He said he is always joking around. He told me a short story of how Harrison put salt in his coffee. Haha.

Jack Failla by chance ?

Steeldude
11-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Jack Failla by chance ?

No. I am in California. His name is Shail Vyas.

GBMelBlount
11-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Getting old really does suck.

I have been in/out of bed for 2 weeks due to a bad back from many years of sports.

One cool thing came out of it. I made an appointment for an orthopedist using the ZocDoc app. When I arrived I noticed a Steelers jersey hanging on the wall. I asked the doctor if he was a Steeler's fan. He said yes and he was also the Steelers team doctor for a few years. I asked how Harrison was as a person. He said he is always joking around. He told me a short story of how Harrison put salt in his coffee. Haha.

Very cool story.

With regard to your back I am sorry to hear of your problems. I literally feel your pain.

I have to be very careful about my weight, workouts etc. due to back issues.

It really sooks...

I'd be interested in hearing how your appointment went and the course of action.

Here's to speedy recovery. :drink:

HollywoodSteel
11-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Thanks for posting this article, Stillers. I had tears in my eyes reading through it at the end. The special bond Coach LeBeau and Deebo have is one that will never, ever be replicated.

I feel the exact same way, Lady Steel. I'm not too proud to admit that this kind of thing always brings a tear to my eye... in a good way. With all the negative stories going around recently about NFL players, it's nice to remind ourselves about this side of sports: the side that makes us swell with positive emotions. To think about these two men, who under any other circumstances might seem like the most unlikely of close friends, to feel this strongly about one another is really something special.

I saw that interview with JH when he was asked about his mentor, Coach LeBeau. Anyone who saw it and didn't feel that tear start to form in the corner of his eye can't possibly have a soul.

From the article:

Nearly a year later, LeBeau tried to laugh about the moment captured on celluloid, saying, "You don't look to see James Harrison get a tear in his eye. I never saw it before and I won't ever see it again, I'm sure."

But he's pressed and so LeBeau admits, "It was hard for me to watch." Because? "I couldn't keep from crying myself. To have one of your players express that about you, that's what you work for."

I understand how Coach LeBeau feels. And I understand why his players feel about him the way that they do.

fansince'76
11-01-2014, 02:36 PM
James Harrison and Dick LeBeau: Reunited and it feels so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_TEmN49hcU

:chuckle:

Steeldude
11-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Very cool story.

With regard to your back I am sorry to hear of your problems. I literally feel your pain.

I have to be very careful about my weight, workouts etc. due to back issues.

It really sooks...

I'd be interested in hearing how your appointment went and the course of action.

Here's to speedy recovery. :drink:

Thanks. It is the same issue I have had while playing sports all my life, but it's getting worse. I have compressed discs(lower back) with bone spurs. The pain never lasted this long though. Usually it is one bad day followed by some not so great days. This particular episode has caused me to collapse too many times to count...lol.

GBMelBlount
11-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Has anything changed recently with regard to your weight and workouts?

I know you were hitting the weights pretty heavy not too long ago.

Steeldude
11-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Has anything changed recently with regard to your weight and workouts?

I know you were hitting the weights pretty heavy not too long ago.

No, just woke up with a bad back. It usually happens this way, but this time it is sticking around...lol.

X-Terminator
11-01-2014, 07:54 PM
No. I am in California. His name is Shail Vyas.

Any relation to Darnesh Vyas, who is the Penguins' team doctor?

And I'm right there with you with the back pain. Mine hurts right now. I've actually had to cut back on my workouts a bit and lift lighter because it was really starting to affect my back.

Getting old does, in fact, suck.

stillers4me
11-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Core strength, boys. Core strength.

GBMelBlount
11-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Can we rename this site "Steelers older than the Universe"?

Anyway, I agree with you Sue. When my core is strong and my weight is good my back issues are usually manageable.

..and XT I know sometimes certain exercises with heavy weight have hurt my back even when I am in good shape (like seated horizontal lat pulls with the wider grip)

Steeldude
11-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Any relation to Darnesh Vyas, who is the Penguins' team doctor?

And I'm right there with you with the back pain. Mine hurts right now. I've actually had to cut back on my workouts a bit and lift lighter because it was really starting to affect my back.

Getting old does, in fact, suck.

Most likely. His entire family are orthopedists. I believe he also was a docotor with the Penguins for awhile too.

Unfortunately, I can't work out at all. More core is strong. I am still slim and in good shape, but I guess that doesn't mean anything to the bone spurs and discs...lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we rename this site "Steelers older than the Universe"?

Anyway, I agree with you Sue. When my core is strong and my weight is good my back issues are usually manageable.

..and XT I know sometimes certain exercises with heavy weight have hurt my back even when I am in good shape (like seated horizontal lat pulls with the wider grip)

Military presses kill my back. I now incline.

I am thinking of getting one those gadgets that lets you hang upside down.

GBMelBlount
11-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Military presses kill my back. I now incline.

I am thinking of getting one those gadgets that lets you hang upside down.

I have thought about that too...and I wonder if that would help "decompress?" your disks like you are apparently thinking.

If you end up giving that a try would be very interested to hear if it helps.

Steeldude
11-03-2014, 06:23 AM
I have thought about that too...and I wonder if that would help "decompress?" your disks like you are apparently thinking.

If you end up giving that a try would be very interested to hear if it helps.

I will definitely let you know.

I went down for the count tonight. I literally can no longer stand. I have to army crawl to the bathroom...lol. That's not an exaggeration either.