PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin might have trouble passing on mobile Dennis Dixon

polamalubeast
08-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Mike Tomlin might have trouble passing on mobile Dennis Dixon
PUBLISHED 38 minutes and 41 seconds ago
LAST UPDATED 31 minutes and 41 seconds ago
Clifton's ArchiveE-Mail CliftonClifton Brown

Sporting News
In Pittsburgh, the big decision has nothing to do with LeBron James. It's about whether Mike Tomlin will choose to start Byron Leftwich or Dennis Dixon at quarterback to open the regular season.

The importance of that decision is tied to another decision: whether NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will reduce Ben Roethlisberger's six-game suspension to four games.

No matter how long Roethlisberger is sidelined, the Steelers' playoff chances will be impacted by how well they cope without him.

"It's not the typical situation, having your franchise quarterback in camp, when you already know he can't start the season," Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Namath said. "And you're talking about the Steelers, a team that expects to compete for a championship. How would I handle it? Like always, play the guy who gives you the best chance to win. The preseason will help sort that out."

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-08-20/mike-tomlin-might-have-trouble-passing-on-mobile-dennis-dixon#ixzz0xCGerlcn

cold-hard-steel
08-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Tomlin's gotta go with his instincs on this one.He was chosen for his position for a reason,some did not understand why.I'm sure he has people he answers to also. Myself,i have nothing in it but fandomship.I see no problem with either starting for us. Just different game plans will have to be installed.I do like the focus on our offense though. All the while our defense is gearing up for a major comeback to bolster our chances.If our defense is like it should be,i don't think it really matters who the starting qb is,or both.Each has his own strengths,and could be utilized in various ways,in all types of situations.There was a rookie who came in to play one time and made out fine(BEN), so i see no real pressure situation here.Tomlin seems to have a pretty good understanding of the game of football,so i will trust his judgement on this one.

HometownGal
08-20-2010, 09:15 PM
I know you have good intentions, pbeast, but couldn't this have been merged with one of the gazillion (exag.) Dixon threads already in existence?

Folks - we don't want the Steelers forum overrun with threads on the same topic even if they are coming from different sources.

Accordingly, all new threads started on the redundant DDix topic will be merged into one.

Thanks for your cooperation. :drink:

polamalubeast
08-20-2010, 09:25 PM
I know you have good intentions, pbeast, but couldn't this have been merged with one of the gazillion (exag.) Dixon threads already in existence?

Folks - we don't want the Steelers forum overrun with threads on the same topic even if they are coming from different sources.

Accordingly, all new threads started on the redundant DDix topic will be merged into one.

Thanks for your cooperation. :drink:

Ok, that's okay!

steelpride12
08-20-2010, 09:50 PM
it's a decision that Tomlin will think long and hard about def. if Dixon continues to impress and possibly get's a chance with the starting offense and still is only improving. I mean he is going to be the future of this team and why not throw him to the big stage and see what he's got.

Chidi29
08-20-2010, 10:09 PM
he is going to be the future of this team and why not throw him to the big stage and see what he's got.

:huh: