PDA

View Full Version : Ron Cook: Mike Adams, others up front had best line of game

stillers4me
10-29-2014, 05:30 AM
Steelers offensive tackle Mike Adams has arrived as an NFL player. A big reason is his strong play the past two weeks in place of injured Marcus Gilbert. But there’s more. “He was out there trash-talking a little,” guard Ramon Foster said Sunday after the 51-34 win against the Indianapolis Colts.

It turns out Colts rookie linebacker Jonathan Newsome played with Adams at Ohio State before transferring to Ball State.

“Mike let him know he couldn’t compete at Ohio State,” Foster said, trying hard not to laugh. “I tried to keep him under control, but [Maurkice] Pouncey said, ‘Let him go.’”............

Read more @
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2014/10/28/Ron-Cook-Mike-Adams-others-up-front-had-best-line-of-game/stories/201410270184

GBMelBlount
10-29-2014, 08:33 AM
I love it!!!!!

Could the lumbering Mike Adams be developing into what we had hoped?

If this line reaches it's potential under Munchak it could be an exciting 2nd half of the season.

86WARD
10-29-2014, 08:41 AM
It would be nice after the last few seasons of pain...

Craic
10-29-2014, 01:30 PM
I paid attention to him quite a bit in the first half, and Adams really seemed to have stepped up his game. He pushed guys wide, stopped them dead, and he's always been good on the run. I don't know why they didn't leave him there in the first place, but moving him from RT now would be foolish, IMO.

NCSteeler
10-29-2014, 07:39 PM
All this means is Gilbert will be back this week.

Texasteel
10-30-2014, 05:14 PM
Personally, I think that Adams time at LT set him back more than a little. At LT he was totally lost. Had no Idea where he was suppose to be, or what to do if he got there. Time after time I watch this guy stand there like a deer in headlights, frozen because he simply had no clue. His confidence was totally shot, and you could read it in his eyes, and body motion, that he didn't think he should even be on this team. I know they had to try him at LT, but I can remember a few member here calling to get him back to the right side in just a few games. I can't believe the coaches could see what was happening. I have been wanting him back at RT for a while now, and from what I am hearing he is ready to start on the right side again. I hope that the coaches will let him alone for a couple game just to see if this change is permanent. The future of our line is not with Gilbert, even I can see that, I don't care how much money you give him. Lets see if it is with Adams.

Craic
10-30-2014, 06:25 PM
I absolutely agreee, TS.

I can understand the coaches saying, "Hey, it should translate at some point. We have to give him time." And then, since he's had what, two or three line coaches, he restarts that process every year. But I think it's time for that whole back and forth to be over. With him in there, we have a strong right side, and a decent LG. Just need to find a strong LT and we finally have a line to keep Ben safe the rest of his career.