PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben donates big money to alma mater

stillers4me
10-29-2014, 05:07 AM
On the heels of a huge game Sunday, Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers-team) quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/player/ben-roethlisberger/200315) is giving a large sum of money back to his alma mater.
Roethlisberger and his wife Ashley will donate $1 million toward Miami University's Indoor Sports Center, the university announced Monday morning.

"This gift is a huge thank you to everything, on and off the field, that Miami University provided me," Roethlisberger said in a statement.

"Attending Miami was one of the best decisions of my life and I am happy to play a small part in helping to rebuild this football program."

When you donate that type of money, you get your name attached to something, so the 120-yard field inside the sports center will be called "Ben Roethlisberger Field.".........

Read more @ http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-1-million-donation-miami-university-redhawks-102714

salamander
10-29-2014, 06:40 AM
I guess he was feeling generous after this past week's performance :chuckle:

Seriously though, that was very nice of Ben to do that.

86WARD
10-29-2014, 08:42 AM
But he doesn't do anything for the communities. Lol. Surprised this even got this much press.

GBMelBlount
10-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Great gesture by Ben & Ashley.

I hope his superbowl wins, great career and kindness like this end up being Ben's legacy.

Mamaduck43
10-29-2014, 11:10 AM
Admittedly, Ben has gone through some rough spots through the years, but the 'grown-up' Ben has turned out to be worthy of a lot more praise than he gets.... He has fulfilled the trust that the organization placed on him when he was named our Franchise QB.... Well done, Ben...

86WARD
10-29-2014, 06:38 PM
Great gesture by Ben & Ashley.

I hope his superbowl wins, great career and kindness like this end up being Ben's legacy.

Ashley? Ashley??? She done better just keep the earner happy.

Moose
10-29-2014, 06:49 PM
But he doesn't do anything for the communities. Lol. Surprised this even got this much press.

It was noted a while back that Ben donated a K9 unit to the police depts. in different cities he played in. That doesn't get alot of press either. It's only the bad crap the paper's seem to pick up on. I'd say Ben is pretty much a class act also and giving to the communities.

86WARD
10-29-2014, 08:45 PM
It was noted a while back that Ben donated a K9 unit to the police depts. in different cities he played in. That doesn't get alot of press either. It's only the bad crap the paper's seem to pick up on. I'd say Ben is pretty much a class act also and giving to the communities.

Agree...more or less what I "was" referring to. He does a lot for the community yet never gets credit for it...ever.

Lady Steel
10-30-2014, 04:20 PM
Very generous of Ben and Ashley. Nice to see he is building upon his legacy in the place where it all started.