PDA

View Full Version : excellent ed bouchette closing camp notes

tony hipchest
08-20-2010, 12:11 PM
in ppg plus so i will paraphrase 3.

-team looking at timmons to be next in line of long tradition sending LB's to the pro bowl.

-jonothan dwyer is fighting for a roster spot. when he is not on the field, all others on offense who are sidelined seem focused. he doesnt even seem to pay attention. rb coach says he needs to decide that football is important to him all of the time, not just some of the time.

-willie colon, achilles surgery in june has attended camp (wqalking around in boot) and made the trip to lebeaus induction.

-limas sweed, surgery in may, is nowhere to be seen.

-not a single fight in camp this year.

Psycho Ward 86
08-20-2010, 12:41 PM
-jonothan dwyer is fighting for a roster spot. when he is not on the field, all others on offense who are sidelined seem focused. he doesnt even seem to pay attention. rb coach says he needs to decide that football is important to him all of the time, not just some of the time.

I didnt think his ADD would be such a big problem

SteelMember
08-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Wow. No fights.

That's somehow surprising to me.

I'll take it as a positive and think this is a tight knit group. :thumbsup:

Burghfan58
08-20-2010, 02:19 PM
And I was excited when they drafted Dwyer in the 6th round. This is precisely why you can't let yourself get worked up about these guys on draft day. Some surprise you and others turn into duds.

xX-TSK-Xx
08-20-2010, 02:30 PM
And I was excited when they drafted Dwyer in the 6th round. This is precisely why you can't let yourself get worked up about these guys on draft day. Some surprise you and others turn into duds.

The worst part is we had a chance of getting Anthony Dixon, LeGarrett Bluont or Stefon Johnson in the late rounds and passed for Dwyer.

tony hipchest
08-20-2010, 04:43 PM
well blount is already punching people and johnson is done for the year. its pretty much a crapshoot for players dropping into the sixth. hopefully dwyer replaces redman on the practice squad and takes note of his fight, focus and determination.

Chidi29
08-20-2010, 05:17 PM
The worst part is we had a chance of getting Anthony Dixon, LeGarrett Bluont or Stefon Johnson in the late rounds and passed for Dwyer.

Jumping ship is just as bad as jumping on the bandwagon, no?

cold-hard-steel
08-20-2010, 05:19 PM
I didnt think his ADD would be such a big problem

I think he may be a big cream puff. I thought he would have brung much more to the party.

Butch
08-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Limas not to be seen? Don't let the door hit ya' where the good lord split ya'. Washed up and hopefully he doesn't catch on with any other team either.

Dwyer has been a glass Joe and now this. I remember when Mendy was injured his rookie year and was never around the team. It's still early but I hope this guy doesn't turn into a bust like the bum above.

cold-hard-steel
08-20-2010, 05:49 PM
i know the party is still rockin,but dang man,act like you belong here!! He may have not put the ball on the ground,but when you are a cream puff,and not too many carries,then you will not have that many chances to put the ball on the ground in the first place. I tell ya right now......if he ain't cut,he will be practice squad material. He may not make it that far,but we shall see.

SteelerFanInStl
08-20-2010, 06:57 PM
well blount is already punching people and johnson is done for the year. its pretty much a crapshoot for players dropping into the sixth. hopefully dwyer replaces redman on the practice squad and takes note of his fight, focus and determination.

Agreed. Blount has already shown that he's a thug. No thanks. Dixon was the guy that I wanted but I hope that Dwyer can kick it up a notch and make the team.

Raleigh Steel
08-20-2010, 07:02 PM
weren't a lot of "experts" saying that he was the steal of the draft?

i'll admit, i was excited about the pick. living in ACC country :puke:(i hate the acc) i got to see him play and was impressed. the only thing that bothered me was the offense that he played in...didn't think it would translate well to the nfl and it may take him some time to adjust, but i never thought he'd be eggshell-like.

gotta say, i'm very disappointed.

btw, what's up butch???

steelpride12
08-20-2010, 09:48 PM
You can't give up on Dywer just yet, I know he has not been impressing, but that's why you play 4 pre-season games before September rolls around and I think he will get his feet under him and make the team or at least practice squad.

xX-TSK-Xx
08-20-2010, 10:53 PM

Yeah but Stefon Johnson's injury was a bit of a fluke. How many times do we see a back at the bottom of a pile and he gets up unharmed. With Blount, as you posted in the OP we didn't have a single fight at camp and word out of Tennessee is defensive players have been riding him and tearing off his helmet all camp. I can't see our guys doing that.

Your right though. The sixth round is basically a crapshoot. After Dixon, I saw Dwyer was the best back on the board (on day 3). There are still three preason games left. Plenty of time for Dwyer to get rolling. Plus running backs seem to have the smoothest transition into the NFL.

Galax Steeler
08-21-2010, 03:50 AM
You can't give up on Dywer just yet, I know he has not been impressing, but that's why you play 4 pre-season games before September rolls around and I think he will get his feet under him and make the team or at least practice squad.

Agreed I was very high on Dwyer and still am. I am not giving up on him yet he has not had that much playing time and is still raw in the NFL. I think we need to just give him some time and let the game come to him.

NCSteeler
08-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Limas not to be seen? Don't let the door hit ya' where the good lord split ya'. Washed up and hopefully he doesn't catch on with any other team either.

Dwyer has been a glass Joe and now this. I remember when Mendy was injured his rookie year and was never around the team. It's still early but I hope this guy doesn't turn into a bust like the bum above.

Why would you wish that? Jeesh he didn't work out here, but he didn't do any damage either.(salary cap, chemistry or otherwise)

solardave
08-22-2010, 10:42 AM

It's like they say "you can't look at him and see how much heart a man has" or something like that!