PDA

View Full Version : Game Ball Steelers vs Colts??

Polamalu Princess
10-26-2014, 06:59 PM
Who gets your game ball today?

GoSlash27
10-26-2014, 07:01 PM
I don't think there'll be much disagreement on this one. :closed_2: :D

Shoes
Everyone except Cortez Allen, the lone goat!

zulater
Everyone but Cortez and DHB.

st33lersguy
10-26-2014, 07:02 PM
2 game balls to Ben, absolutely amazing performance by a great player. One each to Bell, AB, Martavis, the O-line, and the pass rush

Game goats to the pass defense which still blows and Heyward-Bey who continues to not prove his worth as a top 10 pick in this league

polamalubeast
Everyone but Cortez and DHB.

and Blount

Edman
Heroes.

Really? Do I really need to mention it? Ben Roethlisberger. His second 500 Yard passing game of his career. SIX TOUCHDOWNS.

Todd Haley. If Ben is going to get credit, Todd deserves it too. Flawless gameplan, Most points scored in 20+ years, Record-setting day for Ben.

Pretty much Everyone else on Offense. They all get balls.

Goats.

Cortez Allen. Spoiled an otherwise decent day by the Defense against a high-octane Offense.

3 Man Rush Prevent. Can that junk in the playbook please. Why do we do it? It never works.

salamander
10-26-2014, 07:03 PM
Ben. No question.

zulater
10-26-2014, 07:03 PM
I know it would be easy to give it to Ben alone, but how great was the offensive line today? Every member of the OL gets one.

ALLD
10-26-2014, 07:04 PM
Ben with honorable mention to Billy Gay, Bell, Heath and Timmons. If DHB stayed on the ground him too, but he messed up. Blount *see DHB.

X-Terminator
10-26-2014, 07:05 PM
Ben gets my game ball, but honorable mention goes to Mike Tomlin and Todd Haley for inserting Martavis Bryant into the lineup. What a HUGE difference he's made in just 2 games. Having a playmaker like that in the rotation makes the offense that much more lethal, and you saw it in it's full glory today.

Edman
10-26-2014, 07:05 PM
Heroes.

Really? Do I really need to mention it? Ben Roethlisberger. His second 500 Yard passing game of his career. SIX TOUCHDOWNS.

Todd Haley. If Ben is going to get credit, Todd deserves it too. Flawless gameplan, Most points scored in 20+ years, Record-setting day for Ben.

Pretty much Everyone else on Offense. They all get balls.

Goats.

Cortez Allen. Spoiled an otherwise good day by the Defense against a high-octane Offense. Complete and total bum and waste of space.

3 Man Rush Prevent. Can that junk in the playbook please. Why do we do it? It never works.

zulater
10-26-2014, 07:06 PM
and Blount

No, he made several good plays plays too, moving the sticks etc... Anyone can have one mistake unless it's the only play they made all game. Talking to you DHB. :doh:

ALLD
10-26-2014, 07:06 PM
Ben needs to forget about drop kicking and running meaningless bootlegs anymore. That's it, never again.

Steelerette
10-26-2014, 07:07 PM
A silent salute to Mike Adams and Dan McCullers, if I may.

I don't like prevent in general but I especially hate it at the end of the first half. It's hard to be mad after a record-setting victory but, what the hell.

fansince'76
10-26-2014, 07:10 PM
Big shout out to the OL. And Haley called a great game for the most part. It was nice to see the all the play action.

zulater
10-26-2014, 07:13 PM
49 passing attempts, no sacks, come on guys, give it up for the line! :applaudit: Geez Ben stood back there for 4-10 seconds on some plays!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like prevent in general but I especially hate it at the end of the first half. It's hard to be mad after a record-setting victory but, what the hell.

Gilbert's modern day Wally Pipp. :lol: No way can you take Adams out of the line up next week.

tube517
10-26-2014, 07:13 PM
Game ball to #7, O Line, Munchak and Mann for getting his WRs on the same page. Willie Gay for a beautiful Pick 6 to da house.

Goat and Cortex are now synonyms.

GBMelBlount
10-26-2014, 07:15 PM
Ben & the offensive line.

Brown had another amazing catch and game to add to an incredible year.

Props to the defense for bringing the pressure.

Fingers crossed that we are turning the corner...as many predicted it would take half a season for this young team to gel.

ALLD
10-26-2014, 07:16 PM
Steelers out worked and out hit the Colts. I don't recognize this team from most of the junk that has taken over the field since 2011.

steelreserve
10-26-2014, 07:16 PM
Game ball: Ben - that one's a "duh." Brown and Bryant for both turning in an amazing game.

The offensive line. Hardly any pressure all day, and we did OK running the ball too. Special mention to Mike Adams, whose name I didn't hear mentioned even once for anything bad.

Worilds, for actually showing up and getting some QB pressure this game.

Goats: Cortez Allen. Next time we have a road game, somebody please give this guy a ticket to Russia. That was a performance that brought back memories of the Washington/Flowers era.

Heyward-Bey: Fuck you. Get his sorry ass off the team ASAP.

The refs. Not even for being particularly biased against us or anything, just for sucking so bad overall and making the game almost impossible to watch. No, every play does not need to be an illegal contact penalty. It was blatantly obvious they were told to do everything possible to ensure a ton of passing offense for the national audience. Try to at least be a LITTLE believable next time, thanks.

Andrew Luck. Just for pissing me off. Since he'd never faced the Steelers before, I'd never watched him for a full game paying close attention. OH MY GOD, what a little bitch that guy is. He's like the master of cheap and blatant grounding to try and get out of a sack. His little shitfit after being called for the safety was ridiculous. Like - shut up, dude. You've been doing the same thing all damn day and finally get called for it, your receiver was literally 20 yards down the field, and you're really arguing? Then you have the balls to go over to the sideline and argue more? You're a little shit fully worthy of the franchise who would tank an entire season for a high draft pick; go straight to hell.

Polamalu Princess
10-26-2014, 07:17 PM
Big Ben has my game ball.

BnG_Hevn
10-26-2014, 07:17 PM
No, he made several good plays plays too, moving the sticks etc... Anyone can have one mistake unless it's the only play they made all game. Talking to you DHB. :doh:

Not to mention that he had a firm hold on the ball, but with being essentially held up and a 300+ lineman having a good 3 seconds + to pry it out, I'd say blount gets a pass on that one.

siss
10-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Ben…just Ben…give him this night!

Count Steeler
40/49 522 yards 6 TDs 0 INT 0 sacks

Ben has a golden game ball. Everyone on the O Line gets a game ball.

Cortez, man what is the problem? He needs to get some fire in his eyes. Can't play when you are in a daze. Maybe something personal going on in his life?

vader29
Ben gets my game ball, but honorable mention goes to Todd Tomlin and Mike Haley for inserting Martavis Brown into the lineup. What a HUGE difference he's made in just 2 games. Having a playmaker like that in the rotation makes the offense that much more lethal, and you saw it in it's full glory today.
Fixed by Jim Nantz. :chuckle:

steelerdude15
10-26-2014, 07:19 PM
My game ball goes to Ben for having an amazing day. I also give credit to everyone, but Cortez. He seriously is the red headed step child everyone hates.

ALLD
10-26-2014, 07:19 PM
Luck was getting pressure on almost every play. He had no more than 2 seconds to throw because the pocket kept collapsing. How come they didn't start the Jolly Green Giant earlier in the season?

X-Terminator
10-26-2014, 07:21 PM
Luck was getting pressure on almost every play. He had no more than 2 seconds to throw because the pocket kept collapsing. How come they didn't start the Jolly Green Giant earlier in the season?

The world may never know. It just sucks that it took an injury to finally get Mt. McCullers on the field.

BTW, I agree with steelreserve about Luck. What a giant pussy that guy is.

fansince'76
Andrew Luck. Just for pissing me off. Since he'd never faced the Steelers before, I'd never watched him for a full game paying close attention. OH MY GOD, what a little bitch that guy is. He's like the master of cheap and blatant grounding to try and get out of a sack. His little shitfit after being called for the safety was ridiculous. Like - shut up, dude. You've been doing the same thing all damn day and finally get called for it, your receiver was literally 20 yards down the field, and you're really arguing? Then you have the balls to go over to the sideline and argue more? You're a little shit fully worthy of the franchise who would tank an entire season for a high draft pick; go straight to hell.

Same here. Brady Lite.

Count Steeler

Cause he is a rookie and... you know that stupid BS. If a kid proves he is a difference maker, he plays. Whether he knows the system yet or not.

steelreserve
10-26-2014, 07:22 PM
By the way, I just wanted to say that naked bootleg on 3rd-and-2 at the end of the game was a total dipshit move. Up by 17 points with 20 seconds to play, hmm, what should we do ... I know! Let's have our franchise quarterback roll out unprotected so two defenders can have a free shot at him and he gets his shit ruined.

I mean, that by itself is probably not enough to override and offensive strategy that got us 50 points, but seriously, you couldn't go out without that final flourish. Come on.

ALLD
10-26-2014, 07:23 PM
^ That was bush league like the drop kick.

tube517
10-26-2014, 07:24 PM

And people who are supposed to be "professionals" still cannot get Martavis Bryant's name right. It's not Mar Tay Veeee Us, shitheads. I'm looking at you CBS FOX NFLN NBC BSPN.

EDIT: Even Chuck Batch got it wrong :lol:

stillers4me
10-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Let's not forgetAntonio Bryant. :lol:

Dwinsgames
10-26-2014, 07:37 PM
the O-Line who kept Ben Clean the entire game

Ben for taking advantage of being so clean

Lebeau for unleashing pressure that the colts had no business to expect , Haley for going for the throat all game long with the passing game

James Harrison for not killing someone for being held on almost every rush and the rest of the pass rush applying pressure ( whats that ?? )

st33lersguy
10-26-2014, 07:39 PM
For a guy who supposedly got benched, Cortez Allen sure gets a lot of reps. I think he appears more often than McCain for god knows what reason

zulater
10-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Not to mention that he had a firm hold on the ball, but with being essentially held up and a 300+ lineman having a good 3 seconds + to pry it out, I'd say blount gets a pass on that one.
Thanks for pointing that out. I was like, how long does a guy have to be stopped in his tracks for his forward momentum to be considered stopped?

Texasteel
10-26-2014, 07:40 PM

I wouldn't be silent at all. Adams is showing what a couple of us have been saying since last year. ADAMS ON THE RIGHT SIDE COACH. McCullers just makes that defense look different...... A good different.

zulater
10-26-2014, 07:43 PM
By the way, I just wanted to say that naked bootleg on 3rd-and-2 at the end of the game was a total dipshit move. Up by 17 points with 20 seconds to play, hmm, what should we do ... I know! Let's have our franchise quarterback roll out unprotected so two defenders can have a free shot at him and he gets his shit ruined.

I mean, that by itself is probably not enough to override and offensive strategy that got us 50 points, but seriously, you couldn't go out without that final flourish. Come on.

Ben said that was his call. Guess he didn't feel right since he didn't get hit enough today? :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Cause he is a rookie and... you know that stupid BS. If a kid proves he is a difference maker, he plays. Whether he knows the system yet or not.

Same could be said about sitting out Bryant for the first 6 games.

Count Steeler
10-26-2014, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't be silent at all. Adams is showing what a couple of us have been saying since last year. ADAMS ON THE RIGHT SIDE COACH. McCullers just makes that defense look different...... A good different.

If he can put together a solid 6-8 games, I may think about trying him at LT. That would move Beachum in to LG and Gilbert back to RT. But right now, don't mess with this line. Munchak has them playing well together.

zulater
10-26-2014, 07:46 PM
If he can put together a solid 6-8 games, I may think about trying him at LT. That would move Beachum in to LG and Gilbert back to RT. But right now, don't mess with this line. Munchak has them playing well together.

No no no! Adams is not a left tackle! He's getting confidence over there at right tackle. Leave him be. And oh yeah, take a seat Marcus Gilbert. You're a high priced reserve now. If I had my way neither Gilbert or Allen would see the field again this season.

86WARD
10-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Ben.

Goat is Cotex. He's terrible. Wasted money. Kept him for $11M more than it would've taken to keep Sanders.

Anytime Adams is in the game and you don't hear his name is a good thing!!

tube517
10-26-2014, 07:51 PM
For a guy who supposedly got benched, Cortez Allen sure gets a lot of reps. I think he appears more often than McCain for god knows what reason

That's what Batch is saying on the radio. Just because he is not starting, he is still getting playing time because of teams playing 3 or 4 WR sets.

fansince'76
10-26-2014, 07:53 PM
And people who are supposed to be "professionals" still cannot get Martavis Bryant's name right. It's not Mar Tay Veeee Us, shitheads. I'm looking at you CBS FOX NFLN NBC BSPN.

EDIT: Even Chuck Batch got it wrong :lol:

Bill Cowher pronounced it "Mar-tay-vee-us" as well. :chuckle:

zulater
10-26-2014, 07:56 PM
Ben.

Goat is Cotex. He's terrible. Wasted money. Kept him for $11M more than it would've taken to keep Sanders.

Anytime Adams is in the game and you don't hear his name is a good thing!!

I guess the one thing you can say is that we were all just down on Adams as we are now on Cortez. He's lost confidence and his form. But I still think there's a player there. Just probably not going to see him until next season. It's to the point where they're going to have to deactivate him for games.

Count Steeler
10-26-2014, 07:56 PM
Nancy and Phylis were all over the place with our WR's names today.

zulater
10-26-2014, 07:57 PM
Bill Cowher pronounced it "Mar-tay-vee-us" as well. :chuckle:

Yeah and I'll bet he soaked JB in the process too. :heh:

st33lersguy
10-26-2014, 08:45 PM
I am giving a dishonorable mention (won't go as far as goat because he got his team prepared to play a really good team) for Tomlin. He keeps his QB in the game up 17 less than a minute to play so Ben can get whacked but not to give him a shot at the record?

Butch
10-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Wow finally another good game from the 2014 Steelers!!! Great job Ben and the O-line. Can't forget to mention Brown and Bryant. Another great game for Bell who has been consistent all year long so no surprise. D-line held up well as long as we rushed more than 3.

Goats DHB if he holds onto that ball Ben gets the record easily. I give Blount a pass (as has already been stated he was held up and stripped despite having a pretty good hold on the ball). STOP RIGHT NOW with the prevent Defense, it doesn't work. Keep pressure on the QB and let the chips fall where they may.

zulater
10-26-2014, 08:56 PM
Wow finally another good game from the 2014 Steelers!!! Great job Ben and the O-line. Can't forget to mention Brown and Bryant. Another great game for Bell who has been consistent all year long so no surprise. D-line held up well as long as we rushed more than 3.

Goats DHB if he holds onto that ball Ben gets the record easily. I give Blount a pass (as has already been stated he was held up and stripped despite having a pretty good hold on the ball). STOP RIGHT NOW with the prevent Defense, it doesn't work. Keep pressure on the QB and let the chips fall where they may.

On DHB, the last two times he touched the ball. Today: fumble that led to a Colts touchdown. Last week: onsides kick attempt by Texans hits DHB between the 8 and 5 and bounces another 15 yards down the field ( to Archer who can't field it :doh: ) and thankfully is alertly recovered and protected by David Palmer.

Butch
10-26-2014, 09:09 PM
I am giving a dishonorable mention (won't go as far as goat because he got his team prepared to play a really good team) for Tomlin. He keeps his QB in the game up 17 less than a minute to play so Ben can get whacked but not to give him a shot at the record?

You know I was thinking the same thing. We can give the ball to AB to keep his streak alive in a game that was still only 8 point difference yet we couldn't give Ben a chance at setting an all time record when he only needed 33 yards???

Still mad Props to Ben for this game, hope he keeps it going next week when we retire #75 for Joe!!!

- - - Updated - - -

On DHB, the last two times he touched the ball. Today: fumble that led to a Colts touchdown. Last week: onsides kick attempt by Texans hits DHB between the 8 and 5 and bounces another 15 yards down the field ( to Archer who can't field it :doh: ) and thankfully is alertly recovered and protected by David Palmer.

Why him of all the free agents out there and why did we keep Laundry Jones while we're at it??? Things that make you go "hmmm"

Shoes
10-26-2014, 10:15 PM
Nancy and Phylis were all over the place with our WR's names today.

Phylis also said the penalty was on *#25*, Ryan Shazier.

Devilsdancefloor
10-27-2014, 12:08 AM
Thanks for pointing that out. I was like, how long does a guy have to be stopped in his tracks for his forward momentum to be considered stopped?

i was screaming forward momentum was stopped !!! all the intentional groundings that was going on as well i was going crazy at the Refs not even coming close to calling a good game. Anyway good teams over come BS calls.

Ben gets the game ball mike adams gets honorable mention

goat Tez take his helmet and start Webb cant be any worse

Steelman
10-27-2014, 12:16 AM
Big Ben. Glad I drove like hell to make it home to watch this game. Best offensive game I've seen in my lifetime. Ben was in the zone.

Bell shook off a gimpy ankle to keep the defense honest (though that probably didn't matter) and Brown finally had his sidekicks emerge from oblivion. Wheaton showed up. And "MartavIous" :chuckle: seems to make the red zone offense click. Maybe Ben was right all these years.

Considering the opposing QB, the defense got great pressure and played pretty well overall minus Cortez Allen. I can hardly fathom how horribly bad he is playing right now. Moncrief completely owned him outside of that lone knock down. (speaking of, Moncrief looks really strong for a WR...wish we woulda been able to draft him) I'm glad Tomlin finally benched him. I hope he actually sits out a whole game, I won't be able to stomach him getting burned by Torrey Smith all game long next week.

Steelerette
10-27-2014, 12:18 AM
i was screaming forward momentum was stopped !!! all the intentional groundings that was going on as well i was going crazy at the Refs not even coming close to calling a good game. Anyway good teams over come BS calls.

Gay-Webb-Cam will bring down the curtain.

tube517
10-27-2014, 12:19 AM

I agree with the forward momentum non calls. They stopped calling those at the turn of the century, I think. I don't get why it's not called anymore

Craic
10-27-2014, 12:56 AM
No no no! Adams is not a left tackle! He's getting confidence over there at right tackle. Leave him be. And oh yeah, take a seat Marcus Gilbert. You're a high priced reserve now. If I had my way neither Gilbert or Allen would see the field again this season.

THIS.

Adams sucks at left tackle. That's been proved over and over again. At right tackle, something just clicks for him. He got push, he stood guys up, he gave Ben a deep pocket, pushing rushers way past him. I was almost giving up on Adams after last year, but what I've seen in the last two games, I think we put Adams there, call him the starter, and be done with it.

I mean, over 500 yards passing and almost a 100-yard rusher in the same game? There can only be one answer . . .DO NOT SCREW WITH THE O LINE. Keep these guys out there (with the possible except of finding a place for Wallace to play on the left side).

pepsyman1
10-27-2014, 01:00 AM
If we had a decent corner playing instead of Cortez, the Colts score one less touchdown and have 50 less yards offense at a minimum.

Game ball to Ben. He did it all.

I gotta give credit to Luck, he stood in there like redwood taking hits and got a lot of passes out of there that he had no right too considering how little time he had.

It was AWESOME to see Worlds and HARRISON getting pressure on Luck. Harrison looked MUCH stronger and quicker than his first couple of games. It was the first time I've seen LeBeau turn everyone loose since we beat the Pats a couple years back. Now if we could get some better corner play so we could do some press coverage occasionally we'll be getting somewhere.

The O-line was ASTOUNDING.....Give them all a game ball. 49 pass attempts, no sacks on Ben...amazing

steelerrob
10-27-2014, 03:54 AM
A bit late to the party, I had to watch the game on Gamepass in Germany this morning.....

Game ball has to be the O-Line. Best performance I've seen in ages. Without them gelling, Ben doesn't get anywhere near what he accomplished.

I'm liking what I see from McCullers.....

And Cortez Allen gets the goat again.

Dwinsgames
10-27-2014, 03:57 AM
Let's not forget Antonio Bryant. :lol:

was the first time I heard his name called in half dozen years . that's what I get for thinking he was retired and out of the game

venom
10-27-2014, 05:48 AM
Ben and the O- Line !

steel striker
10-27-2014, 11:28 AM
What a game for Ben and, the O-Line Heath & AB, MB, and Bell grinding it out. They need to keep this going into the game Sunday Night against the Ravens and, I hope the o-line can do this again.

Moose
10-27-2014, 11:34 AM
I had to work and missed the game, but from what I've heard on the sports network.....Ben and over 500 yrds get's my game ball, and an HONORABLE mention the rest of the OL !! Now, I hope this team shows up next week !!

86WARD
10-27-2014, 01:24 PM
I guess the one thing you can say is that we were all just down on Adams as we are now on Cortez. He's lost confidence and his form. But I still think there's a player there. Just probably not going to see him until next season. It's to the point where they're going to have to deactivate him for games.

Yeah. Trust me, I'd love to see him (and this whole team) bounce back and have their act together. We've seen it done before...but at the moment, Allen is at an all-time low.

steelreserve
10-27-2014, 02:22 PM
THIS.

Adams sucks at left tackle. That's been proved over and over again. At right tackle, something just clicks for him. He got push, he stood guys up, he gave Ben a deep pocket, pushing rushers way past him. I was almost giving up on Adams after last year, but what I've seen in the last two games, I think we put Adams there, call him the starter, and be done with it.

I mean, over 500 yards passing and almost a 100-yard rusher in the same game? There can only be one answer . . .DO NOT SCREW WITH THE O LINE. Keep these guys out there (with the possible except of finding a place for Wallace to play on the left side).

Exactly. Adams seems like the reverse Max Starks, who sucked at RT and all of a sudden turned out OK when he was forced into service at LT. Our line play in this game was as good as I've seen it all year. Maybe having Munchak really is starting to pay off, and for Adams, just in time.

Count Steeler
10-27-2014, 02:47 PM

I haven't given up on Adams just yet for the LT. Let's see what Munchak can do with him. As good as they played yesterday, they can still do better. Maybe Munchak waits until the OTAs, or God forbid, in the event of injury.

It just might come down to what draft pick they are going to give Muchak, if any.

Count Steeler
10-27-2014, 02:52 PM
THIS.

It hasn't been proven with Munchak. If Munchak can straighten out Adams, I think he gives him a shot at LT. Maybe Foster moves to RT, Beachum to LG and Adams to LT. I don't think they will make that many changes during the season unless the injury bug creeps in. Speaking of which, is Munchak making a difference in that department as well?

So I think Muchak decides what to do depending on what draft pick, if any, he gets next year.