PDA

View Full Version : In another test vs. best, Big Ben can stand tall

stillers4me
10-25-2014, 10:05 AM
Only three quarterbacks in the history of the NFL won their 100th game by their 150th start. Two are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the other is headed there.

They are Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana and Tom Brady.

Ben Roethlisberger can become the fourth. All he and the Steelers must do is beat the Indianapolis Colts Sunday at Heinz Field. It will be his only chance to match the other three because that will be Roethlisberger’s 150th regular-season start.

“I guess if you play long enough, you’re going to get those milestones,” was Roethlisberger’s reaction...........

read more @
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/10/23/On-the-Steelers-In-another-test-vs-best-Big-Ben-can-stand-tall/stories/201410230207

Kittyfish
10-26-2014, 03:07 PM
As I said in the gameday thread, I am anxious about today's game. Normally I would just be resigned that we'd probably lose, but I am uptight about it because an important (and rare) milestone for Ben is in the balance. Of course, it occurs to me that wouldn't be a problem if the stoopid team had managed to get a win against the Bucs, the Browns, the Raiders or the Chiefs, just to name a few of ANY NUMBER OF INFERIOR TEAMS WE LOST TO IN THE LAST FEW YEARS. It could have been a done deal a long time ago. Sigh.