PDA

View Full Version : The Big Legursky

LLT
08-20-2010, 04:47 AM
The Big Legursky
Mike BiresBeaver County Times
Wednesday August 18, 2010 11:41 PM

http://media.timesonline.com/thumb/368x276/19legursky_web665244.jpg

With a last name like his, Doug Legursky knew it wouldn’t take long before his Steelers’ teammates started calling him “Bronko.”

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1424/2010/august/18/the-big-legursky.html

SteelMember
08-20-2010, 07:30 AM
Bronko.

thats pretty good, but i'm already locked in on gonzos idea... Dude... the dude... or the dude'er.

Is it too early for a caucasian?

:chuckle:

LLT
08-20-2010, 07:40 AM
I love this kid.

Love his attitude...love his honesty....love his work ethic.

Devilsdancefloor
08-20-2010, 08:26 AM
You cant help to like him he does whatever is ask of him.

LLT
08-20-2010, 08:39 AM
You cant help to like him he does whatever is asked of him.

I hope he makes the roster...but its going to be tight.

SteelMember
08-20-2010, 09:12 AM
I hope he makes the roster...but its going to be tight.

Especially for the inside guys. I think we had at least a dozen G/C's in camp this year.

...and LLT, does your wife know you have no issue's freely using the word love when talking about football players?
I'm sure she doesn't. It just reminded me of that beer commercial.
I luuuuu, luuuoo, lvvvv you. :chuckle:

LLT
08-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Especially for the inside guys. I think we had at least a dozen G/C's in camp this year.

...and LLT, does your wife know you have no issue's freely using the word love when talking about football players?
I'm sure she doesn't. It just reminded me of that beer commercial.
I luuuuu, luuuoo, lvvvv you. :chuckle:

She knows.

..and I love ya man.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I think that with Pouncey, Hartwig, Legursky, Urbik all able to play G/C.....they cant all make it. I think the final battle is gonna be between Legursky and Urbik and think Urbik might lose out.

MULLDOG24
08-20-2010, 04:18 PM
I think Legursky makes the final 53. He is well liked, a hard worker, position flexible, and gonna be our starting FB!!!:rofl2:......In all seriousness I really do think Legursky gets a roster spot this year.

Aussie_steeler
08-20-2010, 04:32 PM
I think that Urbik, Hartwig and Legursky all know that their fate ultimately lays with the development of Pouncey this preseason.

If Pouncey finishes the preseason as the starting center then I really think that Hartwig is gone.

If somehow Hartwig remains the starting center then I think Legursky might be gone.

The trend has always been to dress two backup OL - one who can play OC & OG whilst the other covers OT & OG. Urbik can play OC, OG & OT if needed and he probably still gets one more year due to his draft status compared to Legursky.

I am an advocate who thinks that Pouncey starts at center day one, Hartwig is traded for something and both Legursky and Urbik are kept. If this scenario doesnt occur then I think we are looking to draft an OG again next year.

Craic
08-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I think that with Pouncey, Hartwig, Legursky, Urbik all able to play G/C.....they cant all make it. I think the final battle is gonna be between Legursky and Urbik and think Urbik might lose out.

I don't know, I think that the contracted amount being paid will come into play. In that case, it very well could be Hartwig that is gone. ESPECIALLY if he is not willing to play Guard.

The Duke
08-20-2010, 09:13 PM
It's looking very likely Hartwing is not with the team this year

hope they can get something for him. At least a sixth rounder

I hope legursky stays

Hindes204
08-20-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't know, I think that the contracted amount being paid will come into play. In that case, it very well could be Hartwig that is gone. ESPECIALLY if he is not willing to play Guard.

These are my thoughts also, I will be surprised if Hartwig sticks around

cold-hard-steel
08-20-2010, 09:22 PM
At this point i believe it's all speculate. Nice to ponder on but still speculate.Injuries must also be weighed in on that move. Hartwig will be stayin. Too vital not to be. Back-up or not,he's stayin.Just sayin