PDA

View Full Version : Battle brews in Steelers' secondary

LLT
08-20-2010, 04:34 AM
Battle brews in Steelers' secondary
By John Harris, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, August 20, 2010

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin didn't endorse veteran Bryant McFadden as a starter when asked Thursday about the competition at left cornerback between McFadden and second-year player Keenan Lewis during training camp

Read More:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_695638.html

MasterOfPuppets
08-20-2010, 05:38 AM
anyone else find it strange how there's been very little news on the progress of some players...particularly the second year guys ? i haven't seen anything about urbik, sonny harris, summers, or burton, as far as progress goes.

stlrtruck
08-20-2010, 09:02 AM
anyone else find it strange how there's been very little news on the progress of some players...particularly the second year guys ? i haven't seen anything about urbik, sonny harris, summers, or burton, as far as progress goes.

maybe it's no news is good news situation.

steelpride12
08-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Well it doesn't matter to me who wins the job I just think it's excellent knews that Lewis is progessing. Any help that we can get to the secondary is awesome news!

Raleigh Steel
08-20-2010, 10:00 AM
keenan lewis was one of my favorite picks last season and i think i over-hyped him in my own mind and was disappointed that he didn't contribute last year...injuries and all. but i think this kid is going to be a stud for us for many years. if he's pushing b-fad for the starting CB then that is awesome news!

there seems to be a lot more competition in camp this year...BONUS!!!! this team should be strong once the season starts and we get ben back into the lineup.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-20-2010, 11:42 AM
I was really pimping Lewis last year and have high hopes for him. IDK what he weighs in at, but think he was a bit too heavy to be quick at camp last year. some OSU alum was hacking on me for thinking Lewis was a good pick on the old SF board, because he watched him all in college and said he sucked. Whatever.

As for no news on Sunny Harris and Kraig Urbik. Yeah, those are 2 guys that I like to develop. Urbik played C in the late stages of the first preseason game. I rarely think a 3rd round pick is on the bubble in his 2nd year, but he might. If he is showing the flexibility to play C and G.....he could make it. Have to remember that this is the final year of Legursky contract and it may also be the final season for Hartwig in B&G.