PDA

View Full Version : For Le'Veon Bell, no getting around two-game suspension, Ike on losing.....

stillers4me
10-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Both the good and bad news for Le'Veon Bell and the Steelers is that he may indeed enter the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition program after he was charged with driving under the influence.

The ARD was created years ago for first-time offenders of nonviolent crimes and once the program is completed, the accused has his record expunged.

That is, it is wiped off his criminal record. His standing with the NFL is another case.

Bell faces a two-game suspension by the NFL, even if he agrees to go into the ARD program and his legal record is expunged. The NFL considers any plea-bargain agreement - which is basically what ARD is - a conviction and under the new drug and alcohol policy passed this year, commissioner Roger Goodell can suspend Bell for two games.......

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/10/19/On-the-Steelers-For-Le-Veon-Bell-there-will-be-no-getting-around-two-game-suspension/stories/201410190169

Steeldude
10-19-2014, 11:02 AM
Both the good and bad news for Le'Veon Bell and the Steelers is that he may indeed enter the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition program after he was charged with driving under the influence.

The ARD was created years ago for first-time offenders of nonviolent crimes and once the program is completed, the accused has his record expunged.

That is, it is wiped off his criminal record. His standing with the NFL is another case.

Bell faces a two-game suspension by the NFL, even if he agrees to go into the ARD program and his legal record is expunged. The NFL considers any plea-bargain agreement - which is basically what ARD is - a conviction and under the new drug and alcohol policy passed this year, commissioner Roger Goodell can suspend Bell for two games.......

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/10/19/On-the-Steelers-For-Le-Veon-Bell-there-will-be-no-getting-around-two-game-suspension/stories/201410190169

I am sure Goodell is waiting to see if the Steelers are on the brink of making the playoffs before deciding on when to suspend Bell.

zulater
10-19-2014, 10:00 PM
I am sure Goodell is waiting to see if the Steelers are on the brink of making the playoffs before deciding on when to suspend Bell.

Of if Bell has a chance to lead the AFC in rushing.

Count Steeler
10-19-2014, 10:08 PM
Doesn't it all depend on what tier he is in? The NFL drug rules has multiple tiers. I think this is Bell's first offense, so I don't think he is up for suspension.

I could be wrong, but that is what I remember.

st33lersguy
10-19-2014, 11:11 PM
Honestly, from an objective standpoint, Bell should receive some kind of suspension for his marijuana use. Not to mention it would teach a valuable lesson

tube517
10-19-2014, 11:12 PM
Doesn't it all depend on what tier he is in? The NFL drug rules has multiple tiers. I think this is Bell's first offense, so I don't think he is up for suspension.

I could be wrong, but that is what I remember.

It's a new policy now.

The league's new drug policy carries a two-game suspension upon a conviction or plea agreement for a DUI. The league wanted to be able to discipline a player immediately upon his arrest for DUI, but the NFL Players Association would not agree to that. Thus, unless Bell comes to a plea agreement before this season ends, he would not face a suspension until next season, most likely the first two games.

Psycho Ward 86
10-20-2014, 12:22 AM
It's a new policy now.

so basically bell is getting suspended this season or next season. i absolutely choose this season 100% of the time.

Hawkman
10-20-2014, 06:26 AM
Of if Bell has a chance to lead the AFC in rushing.

That's what I was thinking.