PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Worilds is forced to cover, not rush

stillers4me
10-18-2014, 11:28 AM
Like any good pass rusher, linebacker Jason Worilds wants the opportunity to rush the quarterback. He just does not think he’s getting the chance as often this season because he said the Steelers have him covering receivers instead.

He acknowledges his forte is rushing the quarterback.

“I would think they understand that,” Worilds said Wednesday after practice. “I would hope that they know that I rush the passer, so if they put me out of position, they do it knowing that they’re taking me out of position to make plays.”.............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/10/16/Worilds-is-forced-to-cover-not-rush/stories/201410160212?ClearCache=1

Steeltreal
10-18-2014, 11:36 AM
You mean, He is who we thought he is?

Shoes
10-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Even Worilds is scratching his head on the coaching. But his pass rushing normally results in him getting manhandled.

Devilsdancefloor
10-18-2014, 11:49 AM
um um i am confused by his bewilderment has he ben asleep in meetings and games the past 4 years??? that is what the OLB in our D has always done! i held out hope. well collect you 9million this year and save save save cause your next contract will be a 1/4 that a year or you might not find a place

vader29
10-18-2014, 12:20 PM
well collect you 9million this year and save save save cause your next contract will be a 1/4 that a year or you might not find a place
The Raiders might sign him to take Woodley's place. :chuckle:

fansince'76
10-18-2014, 12:37 PM
He acknowledges his forte is rushing the quarterback.

Really? Coulda fooled me, considering how many times he's been erased by TEs and RBs...

ALLD
10-18-2014, 02:07 PM
Whole lot of potential that never materialized consistently. He could have been Woodley II if he would have signed an extended deal. He was one of Tomlin's picks.

steelreserve
10-18-2014, 04:21 PM
A disappointing player, being used incorrectly as well.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2014 Pittsburgh Steelers.

Steeldude
10-18-2014, 10:01 PM
I was hoping to get rid of Woodley, but so far Worilds looks like his clone. At least in terms of rushing the passer.

86WARD
10-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Woodley would at least get a mention or two per game. Maybe a tackle or even the rare sack. Worilds is less than non-existent.

tube517
10-18-2014, 11:10 PM
This is just a quick stop on his way to Arizona.

Count Steeler
10-19-2014, 06:10 AM
Woodley would at least get a mention or two per game. Maybe a tackle or even the rare sack. Worilds is less than non-existent.

He should be benched along with Allen.

Steeldude
10-19-2014, 06:24 AM
He should be benched along with Allen.

Who would start on the left? I suppose Moats.

86WARD
10-19-2014, 08:50 AM
You could pretty much stick anyone in there and get the same result. Not being sarcastic either.

Count Steeler
10-19-2014, 09:46 AM
Who would start on the left? I suppose Moats.

Make Allen inactive, dress Jones. Howard. Worilds in not here after this year. See what we have in Moats and Jones.

Worilds has not given me any reason to stick with him. Beyond 6-8 games over his career, he has been invisible or injured. See ya.

Jones at least showed something in preseason, don't know what he has until he plays during the regular season against 1st stringers. Rotate with Moats.

We are not winning the SB this year, so you know, see what you got.

steelreserve
10-19-2014, 11:45 AM
This is just a quick stop on his way to Arizona.

Isn't he too young for that? I thought you had to be at least 35, MAYBE 32 or 33 if your skills were declining early.

zulater
10-20-2014, 07:56 AM
I was hoping to get rid of Woodley, but so far Worilds looks like his clone. At least in terms of rushing the passer.

He's not even close to what Woodley was at his best against either the pass or rush. Woodley was a lot better than you gave him credit for or realized. He was never the same after popping his hamstring against the Patriots in 2011. Up until then he was a pretty good player. Don't believe me? Well you're a fan of LeBeau, ask him. The guy wouldn't have been such a prominent part of the scheme if he couldn't play. Granted he wasn't James Harrison ( who is?) but he was a good player nonetheless. and if Worlids was even close to the player Woodley was in his prime our defensive situation would be a helluva lot better right now.

tube517
10-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Isn't he too young for that? I thought you had to be at least 35, MAYBE 32 or 33 if your skills were declining early.

Being a Former Steeler is the only requirement.

Mojouw
10-23-2014, 06:08 PM
He's not even close to what Woodley was at his best against either the pass or rush. Woodley was a lot better than you gave him credit for or realized. He was never the same after popping his hamstring against the Patriots in 2011. Up until then he was a pretty good player. Don't believe me? Well you're a fan of LeBeau, ask him. The guy wouldn't have been such a prominent part of the scheme if he couldn't play. Granted he wasn't James Harrison ( who is?) but he was a good player nonetheless. and if Worlids was even close to the player Woodley was in his prime our defensive situation would be a helluva lot better right now.

I gotta agree. Now WOodley tore a muscle and is out for the year. Something just isn't right with that dude's body. Shame. He is going to end up in the "coulda been" pile.