PDA

View Full Version : Lance Moore

Shoes
10-17-2014, 09:34 PM
He only caught three passes this season. I'm not sure what's going on with this guy, but he needs to be out on the field playing. Ben is going to need all the help he can get on Monday.

86WARD
10-18-2014, 06:02 AM
He has been out there the last couple few weeks. You didn't see him dropping passes? Getting penalties? Getting yelled at by the great disciplinarian Mike Tomlin?

Dwinsgames
10-18-2014, 07:14 AM
He has been out there the last couple few weeks. You didn't see him dropping passes? Getting penalties? Getting yelled at by the great disciplinarian Mike Tomlin?

looked like Moore won that battle too ... visually anyways ...

86WARD
10-18-2014, 04:51 PM
looked like Moore won that battle too ... visually anyways ...

Thought the same.

zulater
10-20-2014, 04:57 PM
The Rams waived Austin Pettis today. The Steelers should claim him, and if they're awarded the waiver claim then cut DHB.

GBMelBlount
10-20-2014, 05:20 PM
The Rams waived Austin Pettis today. The Steelers should claim him, and if they're awarded the waiver claim then cut DHB.

Why is he on waivers if he is any good?

zulater
10-20-2014, 05:44 PM
Better than Heyward Bey. Plays special teams, has 11 catches for 128 yards and a td for the season to date. 3rd round pick in 2011.

tube517
10-20-2014, 06:28 PM
Lance Moore will be in the slot. Martavis Bryant active. Justin Brown, here are your official sweatpants endorsed by Duce Staley.

SteelerFanInStl
10-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Why is he on waivers if he is any good?

Pettis is a decent WR. Good size and plays special teams. He got cut primarily because of 2 crucial drops that he had against the Niners. Usually he's been pretty reliable. I think he got in Fisher's doghouse.

He's also a great locker room and community guy.

MrPgh
10-21-2014, 04:47 PM
I think last night's game showed blocking WRs are pretty useless these days.

HollywoodSteel
10-21-2014, 05:02 PM
I think last night's game showed blocking WRs are pretty useless these days.

I can't quite tell if this is sarcasm or not. I'll assume it is since WRs who can block are crucial to this offense where Haley loves to get those quick screens into AB's hands and let him rack up the YAC. One of the big knocks on Lance Moore this year has been his blocking. I haven't seen every play of the last couple of games, but I have seen Moore whiff on several key blocks going back to the preseason. Last year E. Sanders was pretty good at it on those quick pick plays which contributed greatly to AB's YAC numbers. Cotchery was good as well. So far I haven't seen it out of Moore, which surprises me since I thought he'd be a hardworking vet who understands all phases of a WR's game. Maybe he wasn't asked to do too much blocking in the Saints long ball, vertical attack.

MrPgh
10-21-2014, 07:37 PM
I can't quite tell if this is sarcasm or not. I'll assume it is since WRs who can block are crucial to this offense where Haley loves to get those quick screens into AB's hands and let him rack up the YAC. One of the big knocks on Lance Moore this year has been his blocking. I haven't seen every play of the last couple of games, but I have seen Moore whiff on several key blocks going back to the preseason. Last year E. Sanders was pretty good at it on those quick pick plays which contributed greatly to AB's YAC numbers. Cotchery was good as well. So far I haven't seen it out of Moore, which surprises me since I thought he'd be a hardworking vet who understands all phases of a WR's game. Maybe he wasn't asked to do too much blocking in the Saints long ball, vertical attack.

It's not sarcasm. The good offenses in football aren't centered around chicken-shit screen passes and they actually use WRs that can catch the ball downfield. If WRs that can block are "crucial" to this offense as you say, then that only speaks poorly to the offense.

Psycho Ward 86
10-21-2014, 08:33 PM

Keep Lance Moore on the opposite side of the field as AB on any plays theyre on the field together. Throw some other receiver/heath miller near antonio brown to throw that block. problem solved.

Devilsdancefloor
10-21-2014, 10:04 PM
the only problem i have seen from moore is he cuts his routes a yard short of a 1st down he has done it twice, not such a vet move IMO