PDA

View Full Version : Adams, Scott to rotate at tackle

Galax Steeler
08-20-2010, 03:27 AM
It was not surprising when Steelers coach Mike Tomlin confirmed he would play quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in Saturday night's second preseason game against the New York Giants, even though he declined to divulge how long and when he would use his two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10232/1081299-66.stm

Chidi29
08-20-2010, 03:30 AM
It shouldn't be a surprise considering we did the same last week.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Adams looked really slow. This comes as no surprise. Could it be that we end up seeing Adams getting cut at the end of camp and Tony Hills makes the roster???? I'd be surprised.

Killer
08-20-2010, 11:49 AM
If Ben gets flattened from Flo half-assing a block there will be hell to pay.

Chidi29
08-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Adams looked really slow. This comes as no surprise. Could it be that we end up seeing Adams getting cut at the end of camp and Tony Hills makes the roster???? I'd be surprised.

Is worth mentioning that Flozell's contract was non-guaranteed. If we wanted to cut him, we don't have to pay a dime.

Killer
08-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Is worth mentioning that Flozell's contract was non-guaranteed. If we wanted to cut him, we don't have to pay a dime.

Good point.

At least somebody is paying attention.

SteelMember
08-20-2010, 02:57 PM

That is a bright side.

If, in fact, Flozell keeps looking as bad as he did the other night, I'd back cutting him. Even if the transition is what's holding him back. Moving him back over to the left, and bringing Starks back to the right doesn't sound like a good idea either. He may have the same issues, and we're into him for some big money. We need to keep him where he's at. At least we know what we're getting... even if it's mediocre talent.

I'd rather keep a younger guy that may be more of a developmental player and has some upside, over a guy who's best days are past him. :noidea:

Texasteel
08-20-2010, 03:30 PM
That is a bright side.

If, in fact, Flozell keeps looking as bad as he did the other night, I'd back cutting him. Even if the transition is what's holding him back. Moving him back over to the left, and bringing Starks back to the right doesn't sound like a good idea either. He may have the same issues, and we're into him for some big money. We need to keep him where he's at. At least we know what we're getting... even if it's mediocre talent.

I'd rather keep a younger guy that may be more of a developmental player and has some upside, over a guy who's best days are past him. :noidea:

I am hoping to see Adams have a much better game Saterday, but who knows.

I have already started my wish list for OTs this year, but you knew that didn't you.

MULLDOG24
08-20-2010, 03:43 PM
I kind of hope J.Scott does well it would be nice to have a younger promising guy on the roster as opposed to an older guy who may be on his way out. Plus he is familiar with Kugler's blocking scheme so he may do pretty well. I am with you on that OT wish list TEXASTEEL.