PDA

View Full Version : To the Fire this person crowd

KeiselPower99
10-13-2014, 06:32 PM
With all the "Fire Tomlin" "Fire Haley" and "Fire LeBeau" words being tossed around I wanna know where is the "Fire Colbert" crowd? I really believe that the coaches are not to blame for the medicoreness of the last 3 years. Hear me out before y'all get the eggs and tomatoes ready for throwing. First off, when Tomlin was hired on in 2007 he was given the best job any coach could get. We were less than a calender year removed from our 5th Super Bowl title and the team was full of veterans and great young players. As the veterans began departing after Super Bowl 43, we have become mediocre. A revolving door of guys trying to stick. Look at our draft classes since Tomlin was hired.
Round Pick Player Position College
1 15 Lawrence Timmons Linebacker Florida State
2 46 LaMarr Woodley Linebacker Michigan
3 77 Matt Spaeth Tight end Minnesota
4 112 Daniel Sepulveda Punter Baylor
4 132 Ryan McBean Defensive tackle Oklahoma State
5 156 Cameron Stephenson Guard Rutgers
5 170 William Gay Cornerback Louisville
7 227 Dallas Baker Wide receiver Florida

1 23 Rashard Mendenhall Running back Illinois
2 53 Limas Sweed Wide receiver Texas
3 88 Bruce Davis Linebacker UCLA
4 130 Tony Hills Offensive tackle Texas
5 156 Dennis Dixon Quarterback Oregon
6 188 Mike Humpal Linebacker Iowa
6 194 Ryan Mundy Safety West Virginia

1 32 Ziggy Hood Defensive tackle Missouri
3 79 Kraig Urbik Offensive guard Wisconsin
3 84 Mike Wallace Wide Receiver Mississippi
3 96 Keenan Lewis Cornerback Oregon State
5 168 Joe Burnett Cornerback Central Florida
5 169 Frank Summers Running back UNLV
6 205 Ra'Shon Harris Defensive tackle Oregon
7 226 A.Q. Shipley Center
7 241 David Johnson Tight end

Looking at those players, how many are impact players and how many are still with us today? From 2007 there are 3, 2008 there are 0 and 2009 0. 3 out of 24 are still in the black and gold. 2010 draft is not much better. So if you are looking for people to start putting blame on lets add Colbert to that list. This is completely unacceptable. We have replaced good guys with nothing.

Dwinsgames
10-13-2014, 06:36 PM
good post and preaching to the choir in this case as I have been calling for colberts head for 7-8 years just ask Zu ...

however I still think the coaching sucks .....

I want to totally clean house from Colbert on down the line

Count Steeler
10-13-2014, 06:46 PM
Guess you haven't been keeping up with the posts. Colbert is not getting off easy on this site. By the same token, why are none of those players from 2008 and 2009 on this team? Does Colbert handle the cuts or Tomlin or ???

Burnett and Lewis could be starters on this team, right now. 1 OT in 3 years, head scratcher.

Drafting has been a problem, but so has been player development.

st33lersguy
10-13-2014, 06:48 PM
Colbert is not getting off the hook. I know I am one person that has called for his head

KeiselPower99
10-13-2014, 06:59 PM
On here I noticed he hasn't been but too alot of other fans is why I wrote that. I just wanted to put that out there for people.

steelreserve
10-13-2014, 08:08 PM
The drafting could've been better, but that is only half the problem.

I truly believe that at least a handful of the players who washed out with us would've at least been OK if there was any amount of coaching or player development. Instead we've had to go back and keep addressing the same stupid shit over and over until we get lucky and find someone who is good on their own without being coached.

Our draft tendencies also changed dramatically once Tomlin showed up, from a relatively even mix, to nothing but LBs and linemen (15 of 18 #1-2 picks or something crazy like that). High pick after high pick on lower-skill, lower-impact positions (and even then, half of them whiffed). Really everyone needs to have shit for brains in order for that to continue over the course of nearly a decade, but it all started when Tomlin showed up. Get rid of his ass and at least some of all this would have to stop.

Mistah Q
10-14-2014, 04:40 AM
YO*Iuj gvot gft5of frired COlb rert Yourj got to FGIRE GOD DAMNARFED EVERBODYh hyoju got to be ahn ASshnbrole to sdstiglt thought TOminetl is rdhodine a good JNOb
[j

[

ITs starts at thnje TOp gl.tko toi fire BOobert firne TOmoilnie fire LEbaorau fires Hnealeky fire RAyh JAscokeon andh Jesujs OIlsavsyky and Omanr KJnan
thnen yhoju will finkd a New GMNMM . We sillw hjate to thinka aboult thjnat but then whole ORganilizatin needs Overhnasul froim tgop to noddom withj new phNIlosolnphny

stillers4me
10-14-2014, 05:48 AM
YO*Iuj gvot gft5of frired COlb rert Yourj got to FGIRE GOD DAMNARFED EVERBODYh hyoju got to be ahn ASshnbrole to sdstiglt thought TOminetl is rdhodine a good JNOb
[j

[

ITs starts at thnje TOp gl.tko toi fire BOobert firne TOmoilnie fire LEbaorau fires Hnealeky fire RAyh JAscokeon andh Jesujs OIlsavsyky and Omanr KJnan
thnen yhoju will finkd a New GMNMM . We sillw hjate to thinka aboult thjnat but then whole ORganilizatin needs Overhnasul froim tgop to noddom withj new phNIlosolnphny

Put down the pipe, Mistah!

86WARD
10-14-2014, 05:50 AM
I've been on board with firing Coolbert. 2008/2009 are major reasons this team is in the position/mess they are in...one player from three drafts that has stuck with the team and become a starter?

Dwinsgames
10-14-2014, 09:56 AM
[j

[

guess you decided to chug instead of sip the the martinis ... glad you though enough to drop by , please do so again when you can see to type hahaha

tube517
10-14-2014, 10:37 AM
[j

[

QFT :chuckle:

MrPgh
10-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Who's giving Colbert a pass? They all need to go.

LLT
10-14-2014, 03:50 PM
[j

[

Sadly....this is your most entertaining post so far.

Hindes204
10-14-2014, 07:33 PM
[j

[

Wow.....I just cracked up laughing

da fuq??? Hahahahaha

Mistah Q
10-14-2014, 07:54 PM
Huh. I haven't been to this board in quite a while - but suddenly I had notifications in my e-mail box. I got a little sauced last night and must have decided to stop on by.

[j

[

We've got to fire Jesus Olsavsky, obviously.