PDA

View Full Version : Steelers say they have talent for turnaround

Count Steeler
10-13-2014, 06:17 PM
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Pittsburgh Steelers didn't do much in a blowout loss to Cleveland. But players say they believe they have the talent to turn things around if they execute better and with more consistency.
"We have been too inconsistent, and when you're inconsistent you play good halves and good quarters," cornerback Ike Taylor said Monday. "But you're up and down, and that's what you don't want to be in the NFL. When we get our consistency back, we'll start stacking wins."
The Steelers (3-3) haven't stacked wins too often lately. They missed the playoffs the last two years, going 8-8 both years. This season, they've alternated wins and losses.
Defensively, the Steelers allow opponents to convert more than 35 percent of third downs. Offensively, they're near the bottom of the league at scoring touchdowns from the red zone. And penalties are hampering all three phases of the game.
Tight end Heath Miller said the offense is looking to improve its results when it gets close to the goal line.
"We're searching for answers about ways to execute better down there, and we'll be looking at it again this week," Miller said. "(And) all we can do is try to execute the plays that we're given the best that we can."
Now the Steelers are asking themselves if they can turn it around. Franchise history is filled with mixed results in reacting to similar situations.
"The talent is there," outside linebacker Jason Worilds said. "That's not the question. It's more about everybody being accountable and being consistent. I think, for one reason or another, we'll have a lapse. And those lapses can get you beat."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/10/13/steelers-say-they-have-talent-for-turnaround/17213549/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomnfl-topstories

Dwinsgames
10-13-2014, 06:23 PM
maybe they should stop hiding it on the bench and practice squad then cause we sure as hell are not seeing it on Sundays

blackngldblood
10-13-2014, 06:48 PM
Prove it. That's all we're asking for. Until then, I'm not getting my hope up anymore this season. That said, they've only played six games. Sigh......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

st33lersguy
10-13-2014, 07:34 PM
All talk and no action, like the Chad Johnson era Bengals. As a Steeler fan I am embarrassed and dismayed

Shoes
10-13-2014, 08:04 PM
Ike Taylor also said he had that feel in training camp like he had when they went to the SB. Just turn the SB around to BS.

86WARD
10-14-2014, 05:54 AM
No they don't. And if the players did decide to get their act together and something clicked in heir heads where they got "it" and the penalties stopped, the coaching staff would fuck it up.

Steelman
10-14-2014, 08:54 AM
They wouldn't be on an NFL roster if they didn't have some talent. Question is, do they have the heart?

I don't see it.

Moose
10-14-2014, 09:06 AM
This constant bullshit these player's are feeding us fan's is really getting aggravating as hell. If they know the problem fix it, don't tell us shit that we see and know. I'm really getting tired of this season already and having to look at, and listen to these 'so called' professional athletes and coaches blowing smoke ! If they have the talent where the hell is it, I think regular season games is pretty much the time to play it. Just my opinion.

Steeltreal
10-14-2014, 09:28 AM
Yea and hes Out with a Broken arm.

one side only
10-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Tight end Heath Miller said the offense is looking to improve its results when it gets close to the goal line.
"We're searching for answers about ways to execute better down there, and we'll be looking at it again this week," Miller said. "(And) all we can do is try to execute the plays that we're given the best that we can."

Another ringing endorsement of the Todd Haley system.

GBMelBlount
10-14-2014, 10:23 AM
But do they have the coaching and desire?

I don't think so.

When it comes to testicular fortitude when the game is on the line I would choose Cincy, Baltimore AND Cleveland over the Steelers at this point.

Just being real folks.