PDA

View Full Version : Ann Coulter Too Liberal????

JonM229
08-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Ann Coulter Dropped from Conservative Conference over Participation in Gay Republican Event (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20014022-503544.html?tag=channelMore;pop)

Conservative commentator Ann Coulter has been told she is no longer welcome to offer the keynote speech at WorldNetDaily's "Taking America Back National Conference" because she is speaking at an event sponsored by a gay Republican group.

WorldNetDaily, a far right news website, posted on a story on its website stating that Coulter had been disinvited "because of her plan to address an event titled 'HOMOCON' sponsored by the homosexual Republican group GOProud that promotes same-sex marriage and military service for open homosexuals."

"Ultimately, as a matter of principle, it would not make sense for us to have Ann speak to a conference about 'taking America back' when she clearly does not recognize that the ideals to be espoused there simply do not include the radical and very 'unconservative' agenda represented by GOProud," WorldNetDaily's editor and chief executive officer Joseph Farah said in the story. "The drift of the conservative movement to a brand of materialistic libertarianism is one of the main reasons we planned this conference from the beginning."

Coulter is then quoted saying that she often gives speeches to groups that she does not necessarily agree with. In the flier for HOMOCON, reproduced in part at left, she is described as "the right wing Judy Garland."

"I speak at Harvard and I certainly don't endorse their views," she told Farah. "I've spoken to Democratic groups and liberal Republican groups that loooove abortion. The main thing I do is speak on college campuses, which is about the equivalent of speaking at an al-Qaida conference. I'm sure I agree with GOProud more than I do with at least half of my college audiences. But in any event, giving a speech is not an endorsement of every position held by the people I'm speaking to. I was going to speak for you guys, I think you're nuts on the birther thing (though I like you otherwise!)."

Coulter will continue to write a column for WorldNetDaily. Reached for comment on WorldNetDaily's decision, GOProud's Jimmy LaSalvia offered the following: "We don't think that WorldNetDaily is particularly relevant in the grand scheme of things, but we are glad that they're bringing attention to our event, and I thank them for the publicity."

Both the Taking America Back National Conference and HOMOCON take place next month.

JonM229
08-19-2010, 09:33 PM
"We don't think that WorldNetDaily is particularly relevant in the grand scheme of things, but we are glad that they're bringing attention to our event, and I thank them for the publicity."

I love that part. Those gays are so sassy

urgle burgle
08-19-2010, 09:41 PM
hmmm......i dont know, HOMOCON, sound too much like DECEPTICON.....i think there may be a connection.

ricardisimo
08-20-2010, 01:26 AM
I love that part. Those gays are so sassy

Ssstop it, you.

Vincent
08-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Those gays are so sassy

They need to be spanked.

st33lersguy
08-20-2010, 01:21 PM
I don't agree with what GO Proud promotes, but I think it's wrong to not let Coulter speak at the conference based on who she makes speeches to. These quotes show that this was wrong. Coulter can speak wherever she wants and this conservative group should accept that

Coulter is then quoted saying that she often gives speeches to groups that she does not necessarily agree with.

But in any event, giving a speech is not an endorsement of every position held by the people I'm speaking to. I was going to speak for you guys, I think you're nuts on the birther thing (though I like you otherwise!).

Godfather
08-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Taking Back America is a bunch of clowns.

The GOP needs to leave the social issues at home.