PDA

View Full Version : Hoyer seizes reins as Browns' starting QB

stillers4me
10-11-2014, 10:58 AM
While the future may be bright for rookie Johnny Manziel, former Steelers quarterback Brian Hoyer has a firm grip on the starting job for a Cleveland Browns team trying to distance itself from a dreary past.

The Steelers (3-2) and Browns (2-2) will meet in an early season rematch in the AFC North, in which all four teams are at least .500. Unlike the previous meeting in the season opener at Heinz Field, Hoyer will stand behind center at FirstEnergy Stadium on Sunday as the indisputable leader of the upstart Browns............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6936399-74/hoyer-think-browns#ixzz3Fqutd6t6

Steelerette
10-11-2014, 11:50 AM
The Browns are lucky - Hoyer is, I can't sit here and call him great, but he's a respectable starting QB who can get things done. The biggest problem with their franchise since its return to the league has been not allowing their QBs time to develop, but now for Manziel they can do just that. I'm not sure Manziel will ever be a great QB in the league but at least they're able to do it right this time.

Count Steeler
10-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Hope he fumbles while running the uptempo offense.