PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Shazier getting closer to a return to Steelers' lineup

GBMelBlount
10-10-2014, 10:37 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Even though he already has been ruled out for this week's game at Cleveland, inside linebacker Ryan Shazier is getting closer to returning to the Pittsburgh Steelers lineup.

Shazier, the club's No. 1 pick this year, practiced on a limited basis Thursday and Friday after missing two weeks with an MCL sprain in his right knee. Shazier was among the three starting defensive players with significant injuries occurring Sept. 21 at Carolina.

"I feel pretty good,'' Shazier said this week. "I'm not at 100 percent, but it was nice to be out there running around with the guys. I got some individual work in, and we'll see how I feel next week. But I'm progressing every day and getting better every day, so that gives me hope.''

Shazier took it easy shortly after the injury, and he spent last week working out on a treadmill and in an exercise pool. So, just to be on the field in any capacity has to be special for Shazier, who was coming along nicely this season. He's still fifth in total tackles, just a handful behind free safety Mike Mitchell.

Team tackle leader Lawrence Timmons was pleased with his progress.

"He was starting to play real good,'' Timmons said. "I don't know when he'll be able to get back out there on a full-time basis, but I'm sure he'll pick up right where he left off. It shouldn't take him too long.''

Until then, Shazier is relegated to watching the Steelers from the sideline, a new experience for him.

http://www.chatsports.com/pittsburgh-steelers/a/Ryan-Shazier-getting-closer-to-a-return-to-Steelers-lineup-2-10537677