PDA

View Full Version : How did the Steelers miss cornerback K'Waun Williams?

one side only
10-07-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm no draft guru by any means, but I find it ironic that K'Waun Williams from Pitt has surpassed both Justin Gilbert and Pierre Desir on Cleveland's depth chart. Both Williams and Gilbert will play this week with Haden being out, but last week Williams played a lot more than Gilbert. Desir didn't even dress.

The Browns have a couple of Pitt grads on the team.

Not intending to highjack my own thread, but I would love to see Tank Carder in black & gold.

st33lersguy
10-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Wait Joe Haden is out? Also if it makes you feel better, 30 other teams missed K'Waun Williams.

steelreserve
10-07-2014, 04:46 PM
How did we miss him? Because we can't be bothered with asinine details like finding decent cornerbacks. And I see he went undrafted, which means picking him up late would've conflicted with our useless-TE-in-the-7th-round policy. All sorts of reasons to pass on the guy.

Steelman
10-07-2014, 04:49 PM
We don't believe in cornerbacks. Our master plan is to clone 5 more versions of Ryan Shazier and play 7 hybrid LB/CB's now known as Shaziers. The trend will take the league by storm and Dick LeBeau will once again rule the world.

Psycho Ward 86
10-07-2014, 04:58 PM
i dont see anywhere that says joe haden is out. Only that his status is up in the air.

ALLD
10-07-2014, 05:01 PM
We got an Ohio QB, so it even out.

one side only
10-08-2014, 12:15 PM
i dont see anywhere that says joe haden is out. Only that his status is up in the air.

Limited in practice today with a hip injury. I actually hope he plays, but doubt he will. Regardless, K'Waun Williams has 11 tackles including a sack in 55 snaps. I watched the Browns - Titans on NFL rewind and Williams whiffed on a couple of tackle opportunities. Not saying he's going to an All - Pro, just wondering how a guy could practice in the same facility as the Steelers and not even show up as a blip on their radar.

GBMelBlount
10-08-2014, 06:50 PM
How did we miss him? Because we can't be bothered with asinine details like finding decent cornerbacks. And I see he went undrafted, which means picking him up late would've conflicted with our useless-TE-in-the-7th-round policy. All sorts of reasons to pass on the guy.

LOL!

zulater
10-08-2014, 07:49 PM
The Steelers have had a long held blindness to Pitt players going back to Dan Marino. .

steelerdude15
10-08-2014, 09:10 PM
He wasn't highly scouted coming out of school. He was a good defensive back, but there were plenty of corners better than him. I'm glad to see he is doing well.