PDA

View Full Version : It's official: Los Angeles has its new team *JOKE TITLE*

Godfather
10-06-2014, 09:58 PM
The Jaguars.

Because that's the only way things can get any worse for Jacksonville.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/2014/10/06/Jaguars-apologize-for-Terrible-joke-by-team-mascot/stories/201410060209

st33lersguy
10-06-2014, 10:12 PM
You can consider "Good ideas" and "Insulting the Terrible Towel" to be antonyms

Steelerette
10-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Careful making threads with titles like this. You know they get tweeted out automatically by SU.

st33lersguy
10-06-2014, 10:43 PM
In the fourth quarter of the Jaguars-Steelers game Sunday in Jacksonville, Fla., the Jaguars’ longtime mascot, Jaxson de Ville, held a Terrible Towel in one hand and a handwritten sign in the other that read “Towels Carry Ebola.”

I am willing to bet $1,000 that came right after Ben's fumble and right before McCain's pick 6

X-Terminator
10-06-2014, 10:53 PM
Careful making threads with titles like this. You know they get tweeted out automatically by SU.

Title has been edited.

stillers4me
10-07-2014, 05:30 AM

Already deleted yesterday as soon as it hit twitter. I usually have to sit at my computer for about an hour or more every time we lose a game to delete threads with stupid titles. :doh: They generally hit Twitter within 30 minutes of being posted as the feed pings every 30 minutes.

Just a gentle reminder to everyone....and a sincere thank you to all those that post articles. I know for a fact that our SU twitter account gets a lot of notice in the twitterworld from legitimate journalists, celebrities....and even former and current Steelers players. That means there is the real possibility they are clicking the links and checking out this little forum we all call home. All threads in the Steelers talk, Around the NFL, and Pens and Pirates forums automatically feed to twitter with the title of the thread as the twitter post. This is one of the main ways we get noticed these days. That TribLive Sports Talk button? They contacted US as a result of them seeing us on Twitter, checking us out and deciding that SU was a legitimate and reputable fan forum. That is why the mods and the admins were so adamant about banning the troublemakers and trolls (after we've had a little bit of fun with them :heh: ....the reputation of the site is at stake.

I think we, the mods and admins, along with all of you...our very generous and appreciated members have built a very nice fan forum here at SU. Salute ! :drink:

fansince'76
10-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Already deleted yesterday as soon as it hit twitter. I usually have to sit at my computer for about an hour or more every time we lose a game to delete threads with stupid titles. :doh: They generally hit Twitter within 30 minutes of being posted as the feed pings every 30 minutes.

I wish there was a way to selectively blow away thread titles out of our RSS feed before they are even fed to our Facebook and Twitter accounts, but unfortunately, there isn't.

Godfather
10-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Title has been edited.

Thanks. I didn't realize that would be tweeted. My bad.

ALLD
10-07-2014, 07:27 PM
It's going to be really funny when the curse of the Terrible Towel strikes Jacksonville. Maybe the NFL will force them to relocate to London or Cleveland?