PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger down on himself, but happy to win

stillers4me
10-06-2014, 07:41 AM
Ben Roethlisberger threw one touchdown pass, no interceptions, completed 26 of 36 attempts for 273 yards, had a healthy 103.1 passer rating — and was not happy with his game.
“I was a little disappointed in the way I played,” Roethlisberger said. “I want to say the line played a lot better than what the stats are going to say. That’s a good defensive front. They got after it. I know there are going to be some stats on sacks, but the line played a lot better than it will be written. A lot of those are on me.”

A few of the sacks did seem to be of the coverage variety in which Roethlisberger held onto the ball too long. He also lost a fumble when he was sacked on a third-and-3 at Jacksonville’s 13 early in the final quarter, clinging to a 10-9 lead.

“As for the fumble, I just can’t let it happen,” Roethlisberger said. “A couple of times rather than throw the ball away toward the end, I took a sack because you’d rather the clock keep running. I have to play better.”............

Read more @

zulater
10-06-2014, 08:34 AM
Good. I want Ben to hold himself to a higher standard. But when they watch the film I think it will become evident that he played better than the scoreboard indicates. Field position was a huge factor in the Steelers offensive output. Then just untimely self breakdowns. Drops, penalties, poor play calls. bad personell groupings, the fumble etc...Starting field position is huge in the NFL. The chances of a drive starting inside your own 20 resulting in points is negligible. And at least the one thing the offense did well yesterday was flipping field position.

Cleveland will be a good test for this team. I think we'll pleasantly surprised with the result.

ALLD
10-06-2014, 10:04 AM
What did it for me is when we lost to the Dolphins in the snow. Am only a spectator and don't live and die by the wins and losses anymore.