PDA

View Full Version : Trying to believe Steelers offense is not as bad as it appears

stillers4me
10-06-2014, 07:38 AM
It was one of those episodes for which it’s just so important to get into the Steelers postgame locker room to confirm from the performers that what you just saw was not as bad as it looked.
Because what this particular sunny Florida Sunday looked like was the worst team in the NFL losing by a mere eight points to the worst 3-2 team in the NFL in one of the worst NFL games in recent memory.

But it wasn’t, right?

“A good team win all around,” theoretical scatback Dri Archer said. “The defense picked up the offense, the offensive picked up the defense, and the special teams did good. So it was a good team win.”

See? Instant relief..........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/gene-collier/2014/10/06/Gene-Collier-Trying-to-believe-Steelers-offense-is-not-as-bad-as-it-appears/stories/201410060136

fansince'76
10-06-2014, 09:12 AM
STs did "good?" Well, outside of committing a penalty on every fricking return and forcing our offense to start in the shadow of their own goal post all day, I guess...

stillers4me
10-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Weren't most of our penalties on special teams?

Steelman
10-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Haley's Pet has no idea what he's talking about.

X-Terminator
10-06-2014, 09:43 AM
The offense isn't bad at all...when Ben is running the offense. It's suffered because Todd Haley can't call a good game to save his life. They should remove the playbook from his hands and have him hold a clipboard instead, and let Ben run the offense. I'm certain they'd put up 28-30ppg if they did.

fansince'76
10-06-2014, 09:57 AM
The offense isn't bad at all...when Ben is running the offense. It's suffered because Todd Haley can't call a good game to save his life. They should remove the playbook from his hands and have him hold a clipboard instead, and let Ben run the offense. I'm certain they'd put up 28-30ppg if they did.

This.

ALLD
10-06-2014, 10:02 AM
^^^^ Just let Ben go out and call most of the plays, Bradshaw did it his entire career. Haley can hold a clip board up to his face and let him speak into a dead mic. Give him a tablet to make him look more official too.

zulater
10-06-2014, 01:41 PM
STs did "good?" Well, outside of committing a penalty on every fricking return and forcing our offense to start in the shadow of their own goal post all day, I guess...

Someone claimed the special teams did well? I guess at least on the end of preventing returns that's true. Of course they didn't have to prevent returns by themselves as well. :lol:

zulater
10-06-2014, 01:55 PM

My favorite play call of the game was the 3rd and 1 hand-off to Will Johnson. You know the play where Blount and Bell were standing on the sidelines while Will Johnson and the worthless Dri Archer were lined up in the I formation behind Ben.

Count Steeler
10-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Was this article in the comedy section? If that is Archers true opinion then he is a few bricks shy of a load.

Hope he really watches the tape.

GBMelBlount
10-06-2014, 04:30 PM
The offense isn't bad at all...when Ben is running the offense.

It's suffered because Todd Haley can't call a good game to save his life. They should remove the playbook from his hands and have him hold a clipboard instead, and let Ben run the offense.

I'm certain they'd put up 28-30ppg if they did.

Agreed.