PDA

View Full Version : Game balls and goats vs Jacksonville.

zulater
10-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Game ball Cortez Allen. He came to play today. Hopefully the beginning of something good.

Goat. Dri Archer. What a wasted pick. This guy makes Chris Rainey look good. :doh:

X-Terminator
10-05-2014, 05:15 PM
They should get a game ball for only being charged with 7 penalties. It's a start.

zulater
10-05-2014, 05:20 PM
What I want to know is how they manage to hold on any sort of kick return, when in fact there is virtually no return on the play because presumably the returner isn't seeing anything resembling a crease?:noidea:

vader29
10-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Game ball to Brice McCain for bailing out Ben and the offense with the INT for a TD. Tomlin gets a goat for allowing Ben to throw a pass to Antonio with two minutes to play in the game to extend his 5 catches a game streak instead of just kneeling on the ball three times to end it, because that individual achievement there was much more important than winning the game. :rolleyes:

Steeltreal
10-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Not impressed by Moats, Id slide Timmons outside if Shazier returns and keep Spence on the field

jb500ex
10-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Not impressed by Moats, Id slide Timmons outside if Shazier returns and keep Spence on the field
I guess you don't remember how bad Timmons is outside.

Dwinsgames
10-05-2014, 05:34 PM

Timmons is nothing special on the outside either ( how quickly we forget )

zulater
10-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Game ball to Brice McCain for bailing out Ben and the offense with the INT for a TD. Tomlin gets a goat for allowing Ben to throw a pass to Antonio with two minutes to play in the game to extend his 5 catches a game streak instead of just kneeling on the ball three times to end it, because that individual achievement there was much more important than winning the game. :rolleyes:

If you're going to kill Ben for the fumble you should at least acknowledge that he flipped field position before turning it over.

fansince'76
10-05-2014, 05:46 PM
I guess you don't remember how bad Timmons is outside.

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMy0wMjk0YmMyMzUzZThhYmFi.png

Steeltreal
10-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Timmons is nothing special on the outside either ( how quickly we forget ) My point is that Moats and Harrison could be less effective, and theres more Depth inside with Williams, Shazier if he returns.

Steeltreal
10-05-2014, 06:03 PM
3 tackles total in the last 2 games from the ROLB . Harrison isnt the answer

jb500ex
10-05-2014, 06:06 PM
http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMy0wMjk0YmMyMzUzZThhYmFi.png
yet you always respond

Count Steeler
10-05-2014, 06:07 PM
3 tackles total in the last 2 games from the ROLB . Harrison isnt the answer

Give him time. Hopefully he is getting his game shape on.

fansince'76
10-05-2014, 06:07 PM
yet you always respond

Only to clown you.

vader29
10-05-2014, 06:10 PM
If you're going to kill Ben for the fumble you should at least acknowledge that he flipped field position before turning it over.
I acknowledge it, was just saying the defense bailed out the offense for a change. I actually like Ben, I am not Edman dammit. :chuckle:

jb500ex
10-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Only to clown you.
Oh the irony

86WARD
10-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Game Balls - Back End of Defense. offense - Blount. Kept several drives alive with some nice runs.

Goat - Tomlin. Still doesn't have the critical boneheaded penalties under control.

fansince'76
10-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Oh the irony

Dude, the only reason you haven't been booted off this board back out into the ether long before now is to continue to give others something to point and laugh at. You're nothing but a troll, and everyone else here considers you to be nothing more than a troll EXCEPT yourself. Now that's irony.

Count Steeler
10-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Defense - Hope things are getting together and we will start to see some inconsistencies. However, I HATE THE PREVENT. STOP IT!!!

Offense - Not able to take advantage of a sub-par defense. Should have been able to score close to 30. (don't forget 7 of the 17 were from the D).

st33lersguy
10-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Game balls: Brice McCain, Timmons, Bell

Game Goats: O-line, the offense in general for scoring 17 points against a team that gave up 152 in the first 4 games

Count Steeler
10-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Game balls: Brice McCain, Timmons, Bell

Game Goats: O-line, the offense in general for scoring 17 points against a team that gave up 152 in the first 4 games

And 7 of those came from the pick 6, so we really only score 10 points on the O. Very disappointing.

st33lersguy
10-05-2014, 06:22 PM
And 7 of those came from the pick 6, so we really only score 10 points on the O. Very disappointing.

Yeah, duh me

zulater
10-05-2014, 06:40 PM

I get that. But field position played a huge part in that. And the defense's play was greatly aided by the Steelers offense flipping field position the entire second half.So while obviously you would like them to score more. the fact is in a way they did the job.

Also the last possession was as good as a score. They got the first down's necessary to secure the win. It was a weird game. It played different than usual. But the fact is the offense played more than a little part in this win if you scratch beneath the surface just a little.

tube517
10-05-2014, 06:49 PM
I acknowledge it, was just saying the defense bailed out the offense for a change. I actually like Ben, I am not Edman dammit. :chuckle:

:lol:

HollywoodSteel
10-05-2014, 06:53 PM
I get that. But field position played a huge part in that. And the defense's play was greatly aided by the Steelers offense flipping field position the entire second half.So while obviously you would like them to score more. the fact is in a way they did the job.

Also the last possession was as good as a score. They got the first down's necessary to secure the win. It was a weird game. It played different than usual. But the fact is the offense played more than a little part in this win if you scratch beneath the surface just a little.

This is just a tough one to put your finger on. You can never really call Ben a goat when he's the only reason we have any points ever. But he had a couple of bad mess ups at the wrong time to kill a couple of drives. The rest of the goats on offense were kind of spread around. Wheaton killed the opening drive with a drop he should have had. That O-lineman with the hands to the face penalty was a killer... just a lot of little things.

Hawkman
10-05-2014, 07:17 PM
TOPIC!!!

X-Terminator
10-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Dude, the only reason you haven't been booted off this board back out into the ether long before now is to continue to give others something to point and laugh at. You're nothing but a troll, and everyone else here considers you to be nothing more than a troll EXCEPT yourself. Now that's irony.

He'd actually have to have something resembling intelligence for him to figure that out.

Hawkman
10-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Every thread here ends up being a fire Tomlin, Haley, DL,....new ownership, we suck at draft pick....Colbert sucks......hell WHY BE A STEELERS FAN. Get the f#@k over it!! We ha a decent win.

X-Terminator
10-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Every thread here ends up being a fire Tomlin, Haley, DL,....new ownership, we suck at draft pick....Colbert sucks......hell WHY BE A STEELERS FAN. Get the f#@k over it!! We ha a decent win.

The team still has a lot of problems. Nothing at all wrong with pointing them out.

Shoes
10-05-2014, 07:29 PM
The win is good but the play isn't much better than last week. 17-9 over a 0-4 team loaded with rookies? The Browns next week.

Godfather
10-05-2014, 07:30 PM
He'd actually have to have something resembling intelligence for him to figure that out.

He makes me wish SU had a downvote button.

HollywoodSteel
10-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Game ball Cortez Allen. He came to play today. Hopefully the beginning of something good.

Goat. Dri Archer. What a wasted pick. This guy makes Chris Rainey look good. :doh:

I think the problem with Dri is that Haley thinks he can use him like AB on a behind the line type bubble screen and he'll just make magic happen. Dri isn't that good. Where he might be effective is catching it out of the backfield in open space if he happens to be wide open. He's fast enough to outrun everyone, but he doesn't have AB's vision. All AB needs is one block (if that) and he does the rest himself.

Hawkman
10-05-2014, 07:33 PM
The team still has a lot of problems. Nothing at all wrong with pointing them out.

I'm for that, but the board makes it hard to enjoy ANY win!!

stillers4me
10-05-2014, 08:02 PM
But but we didn't win good enough!!!!

st33lersguy
10-05-2014, 08:04 PM
The bright side is the schedule gets tougher with an improved Cleveland team, an improved Houston team, and Indy coming up so they will look better

steelerdude15
10-05-2014, 08:44 PM
My game ball goes to Brice. He made a good read and jumped in front of the pass to run it back for a touchdown. That is the type of splash play we all like to see.

steelreserve
10-06-2014, 01:46 AM

Timmons is nothing special on the outside either ( how quickly we forget )

Wasn't Shazier an OLB when we drafted him? Nothing wrong with trying that out if it's temporarily the best lineup we have.

jb500ex
10-06-2014, 04:52 AM
Lol my bank account and weekly check say the opposite.

jb500ex
10-06-2014, 04:59 AM
Oh no kicked off the board, Shit that would be devastating from such a big man such as you. Where would I go to see all those cute little pics that you need to look like a internet tough guy lol

zulater
10-06-2014, 05:46 AM
I think the problem with Dri is that Haley thinks he can use him like AB on a behind the line type bubble screen and he'll just make magic happen. Dri isn't that good. Where he might be effective is catching it out of the backfield in open space if he happens to be wide open. He's fast enough to outrun everyone, but he doesn't have AB's vision. All AB needs is one block (if that) and he does the rest himself.

I don't think the guy runs with any vision. At his level of college ball you can get away with just being the fastest guy on the field. But at the NFL level where linebackers and defensive lineman are faster and more disciplined to gap integrity, and safeties are nearly as fast as you if you don't run with vision you're not getting anything.

So far 6 offensive touches ( rushing att and receptions combined) for 15 whole yards. Sorry but that's fucking ridiculous. His longest play from scrimmage is 7 yards.

But worse yet is his kick returning. Forget that Mr. Speedy couldn't relieve our top receiver from punt return duties. As a kick returner he's averaging a paltry 16 yards per return. Felix Jones averaged 22 yards per return last year. Chris Rainey averaged 26.5 yards per return two years ago. And yes I realize that could change with one good return. But look at yesterday. End of the first half with 9 seconds on the clock and he takes a knee in the end zone. WTF?!If there was ever a time to bring one out that was it. The kid doesn't have a brain for the game.

You want to know why the offense didn't score points in the 2nd half? Well try their starting point for every offensive possession (until the last one)started inside their own 20. When Dri does return the ball no sparks, just possessions inside the 15. I know it's early but this is looking very much like a wasted pick. Like there wasn't a tackle or corner worth taking at that spot?:doh:

Dwinsgames
10-06-2014, 06:23 AM

I get it I really do .... but when we manage just 10 offensive points vs a winless team who gives us 30 on average and have to rely on a pick 6 at the end of the game to ensure victory ..... I won't permit that win to drape blinders over my eyes to the multitude of issues this team has yet to address or fix ...

that being said I honestly look to lose next week vs the browns and a victory would in my opinion be an upset because they are playing better team football and are down their best player or COULD potentially be undefeated ....

X-Terminator
10-06-2014, 06:30 AM

This is the internet, you dope. Nobody gives a rat's ass how little your bank account and weekly check are. Only douchebags brag about that shit online.

zulater
10-06-2014, 06:50 AM
I get it I really do .... but when we manage just 10 offensive points vs a winless team who gives us 30 on average and have to rely on a pick 6 at the end of the game to ensure victory ..... I won't permit that win to drape blinders over my eyes to the multitude of issues this team has yet to address or fix ...

that being said I honestly look to lose next week vs the browns and a victory would in my opinion be an upset because they are playing better team football and are down their best player or COULD potentially be undefeated ....

The lack of points was deceiving in my opinion. More a situational thing than a poor performance. Field position was a big part of it. Then a couple poorly timed gaffes, Ben's fumble, Beachum penatly, derailed drives. Plus the last possession was an offensive score for all intent purposes. If the Steelers had got behind and needed a score I have little doubt they would have scored.

Also I think the Browns will succumb to expectations. See how they play as favorites before anointing them superior to the Steelers. I think the Steelers go in to Cleveland and play their best game of the season to date next week.

SteelerFanInStl
10-06-2014, 07:52 AM

I agree. I'm not going to get excited about this win. It was another poor game.

zulater
10-06-2014, 08:17 AM
I agree. I'm not going to get excited about this win. It was another poor game.

They don't award style points in the NFL.

It was a win. The Steelers were clearly the better team. The Jaguars are an NFL team and will win games this year now that Bortles is in there. I can find you close wins against teams with poor records in every single Super Bowl season in this franchise's history.

SteelerFanInStl
10-06-2014, 09:13 AM
They don't award style points in the NFL.

It was a win. The Steelers were clearly the better team. The Jaguars are an NFL team and will win games this year now that Bortles is in there. I can find you close wins against teams with poor records in every single Super Bowl season in this franchise's history.

Who said anything about style points? It was another crappy game with nothing to indicate that things are going to get any better.

stillers4me
10-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Everybody bitched because we weren't producing turnovers. We finally manage a pick 6 and now people are pissed because the "defense had to bail out the offense."

How did 0-4 feel?

X-Terminator
10-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Everybody bitched because we weren't producing turnovers. We finally manage a pick 6 and now people are pissed because the "defense had to bail out the offense."

How did 0-4 feel?

I think the frustration is that we keep waiting for a complete effort from the team on both sides of the ball, and some sign of consistency, and it hasn't happened yet. Same issue as the past 2 seasons. The Panthers game was as close to a complete effort as they've had so far. What they need is to rattle off a couple of impressive wins in a row for fans to think they've turned the corner, starting with the Browns this week.

BTW, the Browns aren't necessarily playing better team football. They've been playing desperate football, because they've been behind so much, overcoming a 24 point and 25 point deficit already this season. If they actually played better team football from start to finish, they would be undefeated.

fansince'76
10-06-2014, 09:44 AM

I didn't realize Taco Bell paid so well...

venom
10-06-2014, 09:46 AM
I think the frustration is that we keep waiting for a complete effort from the team on both sides of the ball, and some sign of consistency, and it hasn't happened yet. Same issue as the past 2 seasons. The Panthers game was as close to a complete effort as they've had so far. What they need is to rattle off a couple of impressive wins in a row for fans to think they've turned the corner, starting with the Browns this week.

BTW, the Browns aren't necessarily playing better team football. They've been playing desperate football, because they've been behind so much, overcoming a 24 point and 25 point deficit already this season. If they actually played better team football from start to finish, they would be undefeated.

Speaking of the Browns , should they win this weekend vs the Steelers , their next 3 games are @ Jax , vs Oak and vs TB ( 1 win between them all). The Steelers better start playing better than what we saw yesterday and fast !

fansince'76
10-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Oh no kicked off the board, Shit that would be devastating from such a big man such as you. Where would I go to see all those cute little pics that you need to look like a internet tough guy lol

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rr6J-pNV1yU/T3G0rPFgNKI/AAAAAAAAFq8/3NzNj319x-s/s1600/Herp+a+Derp+Dance.jpg

fansince'76
10-06-2014, 09:48 AM
This is the internet, you dope. Nobody gives a rat's ass how little your bank account and weekly check are. Only douchebags brag about that shit online.

It's pretty obvious he's just another dickhead with a small penis and an even smaller intellect who lives in his mother's basement playing big man on the Internet.

"Hurr durr, I have a PhD in Astrophysics from Harr-Vurd and I make sebben figures a year! Hurr durr..."

Steeltreal
10-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Wasn't Shazier an OLB when we drafted him? Nothing wrong with trying that out if it's temporarily the best lineup we have.
I really dont want to see Spence go back to the bench, so yeah

Moose
10-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Sorry, NO game balls/goats from me on this one. You are playing a winless team and you squeak by a win, and you needed a pick 6 to really pull it out. I'm glad for the win, but thank God there's no points for style.

st33lersguy
10-06-2014, 11:14 AM
I didn't realize Taco Bell paid so well...

Taco Bell? He was talking about his welfare money. No way he works for a living

fansince'76
10-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Taco Bell? He was talking about his welfare money. No way he works for a living

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but you're probably right. :chuckle:

Craic
10-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Who said anything about style points? It was another crappy game with nothing to indicate that things are going to get any better.

Really? Nothing indicate things are going to get any better?

1. Two INTS. One of those a pick six.
3. A strong rushing effort when the O line wasn't opening up holes like they did two weeks ago.
4. Offense walked up and down the field, flipping field position quite a few times.
5. Punt coverage seemed much better.
6. Once again, it looked like the defense was having long periods where they were swarming to the ball.
7. Defense didn't allow a TD.
8. Defense got a stop instead of allowing a last minute drive for a TD.
9. Offense put the game away in the end.
10. 5 players with two or more receptions, two of those the RBs, meaning the ball is getting moved around and we are not a 1 weapon offense in passing like we worried we'd be at the beginning of the year.
11. Offense = 50 percent first down efficiency - tied for eighth best this weekend out of 30 teams (and before someone starts screaming "bad defense!" yeah, they last in the NFL, and Tampa Bay is second to last, but this game, the offense was able to get the first downs when it mattered, unlike last week.

Look, I get it. It's easier to be negative. It's easier ignore anything that's positive because that means we might get out hopes up. But seriously, if you're going to make those sentiments public, at make sure they're accurate. And, FYI, broad-brushstroke/generalizations are almost never accurate (note how I put "almost" to stop a generalization).

Am I say we should all be overjoyed at the win and not see anything negative? Absolutely not. Dwins is right, there are problems when we only score 10 offensive points against a poor defense. But that doesn't translate into "a crappy game with nothing to indicate that things are going to get better."

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty obvious he's just another dickhead with a small penis and an even smaller intellect who lives in his mother's basement playing big man on the Internet.

"Hurr durr, I have a PhD in Astrophysics from Harr-Vurd and I make sebben figures a year! Hurr durr..."

I made seven figures last year.

Lost some wait and hit XXL, then gained a few pounds back to XXXL, Then back to XXL, then back up, down, up, and last, down again.

Wait, that's eight figures!

stillers4me
10-06-2014, 11:42 AM
Does anybody else realize that the Jags are also desperate team trying to figure it out, too? They knew our weaknesses as well as we do. I'd love to go in and blow up teams as well, but I'm happy to get out with the win, praise the improvements, work on the problems and move on.

Now we are preparing for the Browns. Next question.

SteelerFanInStl
10-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Really? Nothing indicate things are going to get any better?

1. Two INTS. One of those a pick six.
3. A strong rushing effort when the O line wasn't opening up holes like they did two weeks ago.
4. Offense walked up and down the field, flipping field position quite a few times.
5. Punt coverage seemed much better.
6. Once again, it looked like the defense was having long periods where they were swarming to the ball.
7. Defense didn't allow a TD.
8. Defense got a stop instead of allowing a last minute drive for a TD.
9. Offense put the game away in the end.
10. 5 players with two or more receptions, two of those the RBs, meaning the ball is getting moved around and we are not a 1 weapon offense in passing like we worried we'd be at the beginning of the year.
11. Offense = 50 percent first down efficiency - tied for eighth best this weekend out of 30 teams (and before someone starts screaming "bad defense!" yeah, they last in the NFL, and Tampa Bay is second to last, but this game, the offense was able to get the first downs when it mattered, unlike last week.

Look, I get it. It's easier to be negative. It's easier ignore anything that's positive because that means we might get out hopes up. But seriously, if you're going to make those sentiments public, at make sure they're accurate. And, FYI, broad-brushstroke/generalizations are almost never accurate (note how I put "almost" to stop a generalization).

Am I say we should all be overjoyed at the win and not see anything negative? Absolutely not. Dwins is right, there are problems when we only score 10 offensive points against a poor defense. But that doesn't translate into "a crappy game with nothing to indicate that things are going to get better."

- - - Updated - - -

I made seven figures last year.

Lost some wait and hit XXL, then gained a few pounds back to XXXL, Then back to XXL, then back up, down, up, and last, down again.

Wait, that's eight figures!
Im not being negative, I'm being realistic. Like I previously said, I'm not going to get excited about barely beating an 0-4 team with a rookie QB. These last 2+ years have made me very pessimistic about this team.

86WARD
10-06-2014, 01:07 PM

Win on paper but the team looks like shit. Same thing goes for the Eagles. They look GREAT on paper...watch them play and they really are pretty terrible.

Nothing wrong with being realistic about it...lol.

Craic
10-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Im not being negative, I'm being realistic. Like I previously said, I'm not going to get excited about barely beating an 0-4 team with a rookie QB. These last 2+ years have made me very pessimistic about this team.

No, you're being negative. Being realistic would be choosing to see both the negatives and positives of the game, many of the positives I listed above. Or, do you disagree with every one of those?

zulater
10-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Win on paper but the team looks like shit. Same thing goes for the Eagles. They look GREAT on paper...watch them play and they really are pretty terrible.

Nothing wrong with being realistic about it...lol.

Good seasons can be built on "bad wins". The w at least keeps your season viable. Put it this way. The talent is there for this team to compete and possibly advance in the playoffs imo. But obviously they need to start playing better. At least this way if and when they do start playing better the hole wont be too deep to dig out of.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you're being negative. Being realistic would be choosing to see both the negatives and positives of the game, many of the positives I listed above. Or, do you disagree with every one of those?

Your list was quite reasonable.

steelreserve
10-06-2014, 02:07 PM
It's good to get a win, but I am not exactly filled with confidence because we're showing some of the same problems that have plagued us all season, and for that matter, last year as well. Specifically, overall inconsistency combined with the fact that the offense has struggled more or less all season, and is playing about two and a half tiers below where it ought to be.

The biggest head-scratcher for me on offense is WR production ... it's hard to win with one and a half receivers in this day and age. Of course A. Brown is his usual badass self, and Wheaton has shown flashes but I don't think he's quite "there" yet. We put a ton of effort into improving WR depth this offseason, both through free agency and the draft. But we don't see any of those guys; instead we get Justin Brown. No need to rehash the details of what's wrong with that, but since Brown is such a good blocker, can someone please call a play that lines him up next to Marcus Gilbert, and then maybe while he's recovering from his knee injury we'll get a look at some of the other receivers?

For several years, the offense has had the talent to put up big games early and often - but every year they fail to live up to that. The playcalling has left a lot to be desired, and the personnel management has been questionable. All of the above are coaching issues. Who's in charge of that, again? No, really, I honestly can't tell.

I'm actually not that worried about the defense. They've actually put up the better performances day in and day out. They're a little experience and about two solid players short of being really good again, namely a CB and a NT. What's that you say, we have a NT but we don't even let him put on a uniform? Well, that's OK, LeBeau's defense is too complex. Better to just play without a nose tackle, right?

stillers4me
10-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Why bother winning any games any more unless they are '"good enough" wins? I swear there's some people who won't be happy unless we go 0-16 and get the #1 pick of the draft. And then they'll bitch about who the pick is.

- - - Updated - - -

SteelerFanInStl
10-06-2014, 06:10 PM

I can't refute anything that you said above because I haven't seen the actual game. It wasn't shown here.

I'm going from stats alone, which I should have said earlier. That's my fault for not saying that and yes, I realize that makes a big difference. I've been jumping in and out of here and wasn't ready for a conversation.

It's funny how people want to jump on me just because I said that I wasn't going to get excited about a win against an 0-4 team with a rookie QB. If you want to celebrate that win, go ahead. I won't say anything about it.

I'm to the point where I'm tired of getting excited about the team after a good win, like against the Panthers, only to to be kicked in the balls again the next week against an inferior opponent. That's just the way that it is. The last 2+ years have made me pessimistic.

Craic
10-06-2014, 07:51 PM
I can't refute anything that you said above because I haven't seen the actual game. It wasn't shown here.

I'm going from stats alone, which I should have said earlier. That's my fault for not saying that and yes, I realize that makes a big difference. I've been jumping in and out of here and wasn't ready for a conversation.

It's funny how people want to jump on me just because I said that I wasn't going to get excited about a win against an 0-4 team with a rookie QB. If you want to celebrate that win, go ahead. I won't say anything about it.

I'm to the point where I'm tired of getting excited about the team after a good win, like against the Panthers, only to to be kicked in the balls again the next week against an inferior opponent. That's just the way that it is. The last 2+ years have made me pessimistic.

Honestly, if all I read was that you weren't getting excited about a win against an 0-4 team, I'd have completely agreed with you. In fact, I'm not excited about this win. Relieved? Sure. I am happy, however, with the things I saw, and think that if we can get those going on a more consistent effort, we've got the pieces in place to at least threaten in the playoffs. As for your last two sentences . . . latecomer! I've felt that way ever since Cowher's third choke in the AFCCG! :chuckle:

86WARD
10-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Good seasons can be built on "bad wins". The w at least keeps your season viable. Put it this way. The talent is there for this team to compete and possibly advance in the playoffs imo. But obviously they need to start playing better. At least this way if and when they do start playing better the hole wont be too deep to dig out of.

For sure...from top to bottom needs to do better.

86WARD
10-07-2014, 09:20 PM
More coaching blunders by Tomlin and staff...

@MarkKaboly_Trib: Steelers had only 10 men of field on punt in 3rd. Shamarko hurt previous punt. Never replaced as vice. Right in front of Steelers bench, too

zulater
10-07-2014, 09:28 PM

Glad I'm not alone after all in picking Cortez Allen for the game ball. Listening to the internet radio and both Tunch Ilkin and Dale Lolley picked Cortez for a game ball.

Craic
10-08-2014, 11:03 AM
More coaching blunders by Tomlin and staff...

@MarkKaboly_Trib: Steelers had only 10 men of field on punt in 3rd. Shamarko hurt previous punt. Never replaced as vice. Right in front of Steelers bench, too

Who's the captian of special teams? It's his responsibility to count before every play. (Something tells me it was Thomas, but I can't remember).

zulater
10-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Robert Golden is captain of the special teams.

Craic
10-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Robert Golden is captain of the special teams.

So the question I have is why did Golden miss the fact that he only had 11 guys out there? You almost always see people counting during special teams plays. I know, it's easiest to blame the coaches because in the end, the buck stops with them. But the reality is that someone one the field blew their responsibility. Now, if there was no one designated for the responsibility, or if Golden is too young to captain the special teams and designate counters, then I see the coaches sharing blame.

ALLD
10-08-2014, 02:09 PM
So the question I have is why did Golden miss the fact that he only had 11 guys out there?

Because he only has 10 fingers?

Craic
10-09-2014, 01:02 AM
Because he only has 10 fingers?

:asskick:

:chuckle: