PDA

View Full Version : Consistent play is goal of Steelers' offense

stillers4me
10-05-2014, 09:44 AM
According to the numbers, the Steelers have one of the best offenses in the NFL — fifth best, to be exact, by averaging more than 400 yards per game.

Offensive coordinator Todd Haley isn't impressed.

At the quarter pole of the season, the Steelers (2-2) are putting up gaudy offensive numbers, but those numbers haven't translated into a dynamic offense.

Instead, the offense has been more inconsistent than anything else. Haley knows it and wants to rectify it............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6906945-74/offense-yards-steelers#ixzz3FHXAgK3N

Count Steeler
10-05-2014, 09:47 AM
Today would be a good day to start.

Hopefully the D isn't mesmerized by Ben Jr.

Bluecoat96
10-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Can't wait to see what asinine video snoop dogg posts when the steelers don't do exactly what he thinks they should do.

ALLD
10-07-2014, 10:03 AM
They need to score more points and try to win instead of trying not to lose.

fansince'76
10-07-2014, 10:42 AM
According to the numbers, the Steelers have one of the best offenses in the NFL — fifth best, to be exact, by averaging more than 400 yards per game.

...and are 19th in scoring. Isn't that exactly what Arians got constantly criticized for - a shitload of yardage and not enough points?

Want more consistency on offense? Let Ben run the show. The only time this offense seems to do ANYTHING is when it goes up-tempo and Ben is given the keys.

dislocatedday
10-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Want more consistency on offense? Let Ben run the show. The only time this offense seems to do ANYTHING is when it goes up-tempo and Ben is given the keys.

Exactly........it is time for Tomlin to step in and let Ben call the plays exclusively and control the tempo of the game. This team should be way better than 19th in points scored.

Psycho Ward 86
10-07-2014, 12:55 PM
...and are 19th in scoring. Isn't that exactly what Arians got constantly criticized for - a shitload of yardage and not enough points?

although i still think we're better off without arians as OC, i cant argue with that. The lack of points scored is disconcerting, even though the offense is vastly improved

steelreserve
10-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Being more consistent on offense? We're just figuring that out now?

In other breaking news, I heard the Great War finally ended. And rumor has it they found gold out West.

ALLD
10-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Send Tomlin and Haley out for donuts and some Skyline chili on Sunday during the game.

Craic
10-07-2014, 06:13 PM
although i still think we're better off without arians as OC, i cant argue with that. The lack of points scored is disconcerting, even though the offense is vastly improved

Wait, if we're scoring the same amount of points based on league average, and we don't even has the same rankings for offense in yardage, not to mention the ton of offensive penalties we're getting now, how exactly is the offense "vastly improved?" In other words, you're argument for it being vastly improved seems to be "Arians isn't here."

ALLD
10-07-2014, 07:28 PM
Compared to the 1976 Steelers the offense is improved, but the defense needs some work.