PDA

View Full Version : Jaguars pass rush will test Steelers inconsistent line

stillers4me
10-05-2014, 08:49 AM
On the surface, it would appear the Jacksonville Jaguars are the perfect tonic for what ails the Steelers after their last-second loss against Tampa Bay. The Jaguars are one of only two winless teams in the NFL, and they are on pace to surrender the most points (38 per game) in league history while yielding 451 yards per game.

Jacksonville is a team in disarray, but, in order for the Steelers to take advantage of the Jaguars defense, they must first find some consistency within their offensive line.

The Jaguars do not excel in many areas, but rushing the passer is one of them. They are second in the league with 12 sacks...............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/10/04/No-time-for-sack-lunch-1/stories/201410040131

Count Steeler
10-05-2014, 10:06 AM
So that means we are going to barely get 300 yards of offense and Ben is going to get sacked at least 5 times.

If Bortles can take advantage of our M.I.A. secondary, we are going to loose.

I don't know who I am upset at more, the coaches or the players. I watched America's Game last night with the 74 and 75 Steelers. Talk about night and day. BTW, the biggest difference to the modern NFL is the way players used to tackle. I can't stand the modern day "torpedo" tackle. I prefer the old style. Square up the ball carrier, head to the side, wrap your arms and drive your legs. That was tackling.

X-Terminator
10-05-2014, 05:13 PM
They had 372 yards and Ben was sacked 4 times. So you were close.

Count Steeler
10-05-2014, 06:13 PM
They had 372 yards and Ben was sacked 4 times. So you were close.

But our secondary actually showed up. Big improvement from last week. However, still a lot of work remains.