PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger: “We Need To Figure It Out And We Need To Figure It Out Quick”

stillers4me
09-30-2014, 09:56 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger joined The Cook and Poni Show on Sportsradio 93.7 The Fan for the #1 Cochran Ben Roethlisberger.
Roethlisberger told the guys that he is feeling better today than yesterday after losing to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the final seconds at Heinz Field on Sunday.

“We watched the tape yesterday and there were a lot of good things on tape,” Roethlisberger said. “Things happen and they were big plays at big times in the game and that was the unfortunate part.”

Roethlisberger said the mistakes that happened that were once in a lifetime kind of mistakes with seeing Antonio Brown drop a pass in the end zone and Maurkice Pouncey missing a snap count.

But the penalties and silly celebrations didn’t help either.

“We need to get better and cut it out,” Roethlisberger said. “Whether it’s being more disciplined, being smarter or growing up. Whatever it is we need to figure it out and figure it out quick.”

Roethlisberger says he plans on addressing the penalties with the offensive players when the team returns to practice on Wednesday. He really wants to address the issue with wide receiver Antonio Brown........

read more @ http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/09/30/roethlisberger-we-need-to-figure-it-out-and-we-need-to-figure-it-out-quick/

tube517
09-30-2014, 10:01 PM
“I am never going to second guess our offensive coordinator,” Roethlisberger said.

:rofl2:

Shoes
09-30-2014, 10:04 PM
“We need to get better and cut it out,” Roethlisberger said. “Whether it’s being more disciplined, being smarter or growing up. Whatever it is we need to figure it out and figure it out quick.”

This is a team without direction. Just amazing!

Blount on Chuck Noll: “Chuck wasn’t the kind of guy that gave you a big hug or carried on a conversation with you,” Blount said. “He told you what he wanted done, how we were going to get it done and what he expected, and we went out and responded accordingly."

SteelMayhem72
09-30-2014, 11:01 PM

This is a team without direction. Just amazing!

Blount on Chuck Noll: “Chuck wasn’t the kind of guy that gave you a big hug or carried on a conversation with you,” Blount said. “He told you what he wanted done, how we were going to get it done and what he expected, and we went out and responded accordingly."
Thats what i want to hear from Ben...hes one of three true leaders on this team and they need to say and do what Tomlin will never do. They need to listen to Ben, Troy, and Deebo!!!

Shoes
09-30-2014, 11:22 PM
Thats what i want to hear from Ben...hes one of three true leaders on this team and they need to say and do what Tomlin will never do. They need to listen to Ben, Troy, and Deebo!!!

I'm sorry friend, but Ben doesn't sound like anyone I'd like to share a foxhole with. How in the hell can you fix a problem when you don't know what the problem is?

First it was a commutation problem, then tackling, then a gap problem, then penalties/discipline, then immaturity. A.Brown says they were beat by one of the worst teams in the NFL, M. Mitchell says the bucs are a good football team, Tomlin says discipline is problem, Heyward says discipline isn't a problem. This is like sailing between Baffin Bay & Newfoundland in the dark….with a blindfold on.

X-Terminator
10-01-2014, 12:16 AM
Anyone else tired of talking about this yet? I mean, we've all said the same things ad nauseum for the past 2 days. We know the team is wandering aimlessly through the forest, on a ship without a captain, not pulling the cart together, etc. I don't think we need to say it 5 million more times.

Let's move on already.

Moose
10-01-2014, 12:22 AM
Anyone else tired of talking about this yet? I mean, we've all said the same things ad nauseum for the past 2 days. We know the team is wandering aimlessly through the forest, on a ship without a captain, not pulling the cart together, etc. I don't think we need to say it 5 million more times.

Let's move on already.

Especially since WE can't do a damn thing about it. If the player's and coaches want to look like damn fools week after week, and become the jokes from the rest of the division that's their choice.

tube517
10-01-2014, 12:35 AM

Let's move on already.

Yeah, especially if you live on this forum (like me) and maybe take a peek at other forums (no, not that one!). I'm in a local Steelers forum in Facebook and the group has already split up and gotten very ugly this year.

Mojouw
10-01-2014, 12:58 AM
I think the players should all say more things like this in interviews:

Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon. (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/johnmadden382952.html)
John Madden (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/johnmadden382952.html)

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/john_madden.html#QEvkpH4gx8gy7ecM.99

NCSteeler
10-01-2014, 02:54 AM
I'm sorry friend, but Ben doesn't sound like anyone I'd like to share a foxhole with. How in the hell can you fix a problem when you don't know what the problem is?

First it was a commutation problem, then tackling, then a gap problem, then penalties/discipline, then immaturity. A.Brown says they were beat by one of the worst teams in the NFL, M. Mitchell says the bucs are a good football team, Tomlin says discipline is problem, Heyward says discipline isn't a problem. This is like sailing between Baffin Bay & Newfoundland in the dark….with a blindfold on.

You want Ben to coach the team? It's not his job to know what the problem is

stillers4me
10-01-2014, 05:51 AM
It seems all the fans have the answers, though.

I have questions, no answers.

86WARD
10-01-2014, 06:22 AM
I like how he calls Brown out...Brown has to step up and be a leader.

GBMelBlount
10-01-2014, 06:31 AM

I work 80 hours a week solving problems and in my opininon doing just about anything is better than sitting around. You learn from mistakes and I am hoping that Tomlin is smart enough to do so as well.

Being a great head coach is not easy and Tomlin is still very young and still relatively inexperienced.

I personally think we are at a crossroad this year which may determine what type of coach, and person, Tomlin is.

I for one am pulling for Tomlin and the Steelers to come out of this a stronger team.

Shoes
10-01-2014, 07:07 AM
You want Ben to coach the team? It's not his job to know what the problem is

No, SteelMayhem72 does. I'm saying Ben and the others aren't sure what the problem is, so how do you fix it? This has been going on for years.

Shoes
10-01-2014, 07:31 AM
I work 80 hours a week solving problems and in my opininon doing just about anything is better than sitting around. You learn from mistakes and I am hoping that Tomlin is smart enough to do so as well.

Being a great head coach is not easy and Tomlin is still very young and still relatively inexperienced.

I personally think we are at a crossroad this year which may determine what type of coach, and person, Tomlin is.

I for one am pulling for Tomlin and the Steelers to come out of this a stronger team.

Thats true …for some folks, but most fall right back in the pigpen. It seems to me the reoccurring mistakes of this team year after year have not been identified or corrected.

Hawkman
10-01-2014, 08:27 AM
It seems all the fans have the answers, though.

I have questions, no answers.

YES...THIS!!

I mean damn, three threads devoted to firing Tomlin....REALLY!?

- - - Updated - - -

I like how he calls Brown out...Brown has to step up and be a leader.

Yeah, Brown is still getting flagged for stupid shit he was getting flagged for three years ago.

ALLD
10-01-2014, 11:05 AM
I would start by making Tomlin run 20 laps around the field to get his head on straight.

Moose
10-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Like what 'X' said earlier, yea I'm tired of talking about the problems of this team. Discipline is definitely one of the biggest problems, that being penalties. I'm also sick and tired of reading everyday about another player stating the problem and that it needs to be fixed. Ben, Brown, Kiesel, Troy, Tomlin and on and on and on. Just about every damn player and coach have said it's a problem These idiots know the problem and can't fix it ? You kidding me ? There grown fk'n men, FIX IT ! It's called, for one, Tomlin going to each coach and getting into ass. Making each player liable for himself. Go to Brown and tell him (and all other players) there will be NO MORE celebrating TD tolerated. You celebrate and draw penalty you get fined by the team, if it continues then you hit the bench. Facemask penalties the samething. Deal with them in the pocket book, that's all these bafoons understand. Most of us are parents, how do you deal with your kids ? That's what we are dealing with here. Sure, there are accidental, unintentional penalties and bad calls, but the coaches can determine which are which. You and I can see if it was a bad call or not, surely the damn coaches can also. I don't want to see a Brown dancing penalty and then Monday him saying he was sorry .... I guess he didn't know his ignorant ass was dancing or spinning the ball ! Gimme a break you moron. I don't want a stupid, pathetic loss like last Sunday and then have to look at that pathetic , surprised look on Tomlin's face Monday saying he was pissed. We've heard that lip service for year's, do something about it fool ! Man up ! Get in someone's ass and quit kissing it. Troy, Ben, Kiesel, are vet's. They know what is acceptable and not. Get in these young punks asses. Take them aside and deal with them out of the media presence. Keep it in the locker room.....but deal with it. Discipline is easier to deal with than lack of talent. You have a kid that keeps kicking the dog, I guarantee I could stop that kid from kicking the dog after a few times. It wouldn't take a year! Granted not all penalties are intentional, but it's time to fix and stop the ones that are. I'm just sick of reading and listening to these players/coaches apologizing for the samethings Monday after Monday after Monday. I love the Black/Gold and I love my football, but I really am sad to say gameday's are scaring me anymore. Thanks all for letting me vent some. Thank GOD my N.D. Irish football is having a pretty decent season so far ! And the weather is still decent enough to jump on the motorcycle for a Sunday ride !

SteelMayhem72
10-01-2014, 01:03 PM

Im just saying he is stepping up to the plate as a leader...thats his job as QB to lead the offense. There are many problems...quit trying to pinpoint A problem and just go out and be smart, execute, and win the game...theres many problems just do your job as a pro and everything else will take care of itself

SteelMayhem72
10-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Im just saying he is stepping up to the plate as a leader...thats his job as QB to lead the offense. There are many problems...quit trying to pinpoint A problem and just go out and be smart, execute, and win the game...theres many problems just do your job as a pro and everything else will take care of itself
And no SteelMayhem didnt say anywhere in his thread about Ben coaching the team...you know if you played sports you know theres a difference between being a leader and being a coach...sounds like you dont listen like the players on the team...lol...or shall i say read and understand