PDA

View Full Version : Some Actual Football to Talk About

Mojouw
09-30-2014, 12:28 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/09/steelers-film-room-murphy-41-yards-4th-quarter/

Great breakdown of why the Steelers lost.

New safety Mitchell was over-aggressive. Old safety Polamalu guessed wrong. And Allen stinks.

Also 3.6 seconds to throw, I don't care who the QB is, you are going to get beat every time. Every single time.

Also, Murphy is a dedicated Steeler killer. Caught the winning TD when he was with Oakland in his rookie year.

This is clearly poor preparation by the staff, as it should have been noted that Murphy is the Steelers kryptonite!

Encouraging thing is that they were in a decent enough coverage. But they have no one making plays in the secondary through 4 weeks and the pass rush is anemic. Until either of those things get fixed, the offense better put up 28+ per game.

Mojouw
09-30-2014, 12:34 PM
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

So the ball was in the star Qb's hands on the final offensive play and he chose to run. Interesting.

Also look at the post a bit further down on the pass rush #'s. That is why they lost. Not penalties. Penalties didn't help - at all. But 2 pressurures from the OLB group? Not going to ever be enough.

polamalubeast
09-30-2014, 12:36 PM
As I said during the training camp and the pre-season game, the pass rush is a big problem

tube517
09-30-2014, 01:08 PM
As I said during the training camp and the pre-season game, the pass rush is a big problem

What pass rush?

blackngldblood
09-30-2014, 01:56 PM
So I guess next draft is gonna be another first round linebacker? Wait until the fourth to get somebody for this pathetic secondary? Yippy skippy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steel striker
09-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Man it really looks like the offense is going to need to score 30 point or more for this team to win games this year.

steelreserve
09-30-2014, 04:11 PM
So I guess next draft is gonna be another first round linebacker? Wait until the fourth to get somebody for this pathetic secondary? Yippy skippy!

No, dumbass. Get your draft knowledge straight. Next year it's two linemen 1-2, THEN a linebacker, then a receiver, then a random DB who doesn't make the roster, then a random RB or another random linebacker. Followed by the obligatory useless TE in the 7th round while some of the top-rated fullbacks and punters are still available, then in the season we use a crappy H-back who can't run, catch or block, and the punter competition is between the lousy guy from last season and some Eastern European who's so drunk he can hardly stand up.

Also, if McCullers doesn't pan out or is injured, I guarantee there will be some DT prospect who's rated a high first-round pick, and stands like 6'10" and an athletic 500 pounds, and is impossible to block, and can pick up one offensive lineman with each hand and throw them both into the stands, and walks around all day carrying a legendary giant hammer, and he has a tattoo on his forehead that says "BORN TO BE A 3-4 NOSE TACKLE," and on his arm he has a tattoo that says "STEELERS 4 LIFE," and he'll fall to us all the way in the 3rd round, and Jesus reappears and tells us to draft him, and the team drafting behind us offers to give us their pick for free if we draft him - and then the guy we take instead will be someone even the hardcore draftniks had only barely had on the radar and we already have like 5 guys at the same position.

blackngldblood
09-30-2014, 04:16 PM
No, dumbass. Get your draft knowledge straight. Next year it's two linemen 1-2, THEN a linebacker, then a receiver, then a random DB who doesn't make the roster, then a random RB or another random linebacker. Followed by the obligatory useless TE in the 7th round while some of the top-rated fullbacks and punters are still available, then in the season we use a crappy H-back who can't run, catch or block, and the punter competition is between the lousy guy from last season and some Eastern European who's so drunk he can hardly stand up.

Also, if McCullers doesn't pan out or is injured, I guarantee there will be some DT prospect who's rated a high first-round pick, and stands like 6'10" and an athletic 500 pounds, and is impossible to block, and can pick up one offensive lineman with each hand and throw them both into the stands, and walks around all day carrying a legendary giant hammer, and he has a tattoo on his forehead that says "BORN TO BE A 3-4 NOSE TACKLE," and on his arm he has a tattoo that says "STEELERS 4 LIFE," and he'll fall to us all the way in the 3rd round - and then the guy we take instead of him will be someone even the hardcore draftniks had only barely had on the radar and we already have like 5 guys at the same position.

I literally lol'd at this! Thank you, I needed that!

Mojouw
09-30-2014, 05:00 PM

Also, if McCullers doesn't pan out or is injured, I guarantee there will be some DT prospect who's rated a high first-round pick, and stands like 6'10" and an athletic 500 pounds, and is impossible to block, and can pick up one offensive lineman with each hand and throw them both into the stands, and walks around all day carrying a legendary giant hammer, and he has a tattoo on his forehead that says "BORN TO BE A 3-4 NOSE TACKLE," and on his arm he has a tattoo that says "STEELERS 4 LIFE," and he'll fall to us all the way in the 3rd round, and Jesus reappears and tells us to draft him, and the team drafting behind us offers to give us their pick for free if we draft him - and then the guy we take instead will be someone even the hardcore draftniks had only barely had on the radar and we already have like 5 guys at the same position.

No. No. No. It will be yet another player in Haley and company's quixotic search for another Dexter McCluster. Because obviously McCluster has carved out such an integral role in every offense he has ever been part of.

Also, that was the funniest internet post about anything I have seen in quite some time.

You, sir, have won. All of the internet -- for ever.

Moose
09-30-2014, 05:17 PM

LMAO- Awesome ! You work in the FO ? LOL Thanks :)

Shoes
09-30-2014, 07:28 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/09/steelers-film-room-murphy-41-yards-4th-quarter/

Great breakdown of why the Steelers lost.

New safety Mitchell was over-aggressive. Old safety Polamalu guessed wrong. And Allen stinks.

Also 3.6 seconds to throw, I don't care who the QB is, you are going to get beat every time. Every single time.

Also, Murphy is a dedicated Steeler killer. Caught the winning TD when he was with Oakland in his rookie year.

This is clearly poor preparation by the staff, as it should have been noted that Murphy is the Steelers kryptonite!

Encouraging thing is that they were in a decent enough coverage. But they have no one making plays in the secondary through 4 weeks and the pass rush is anemic. Until either of those things get fixed, the offense better put up 28+ per game.

Allen reminds me of Mike Adams. Thats not a good thing.

Steeldude
09-30-2014, 07:43 PM

I am guessing they will BPA between LB and CB. I suppose a LT would be an option too. As long as they don't go WR in the first. I know fans will be clamoring for one in the first as they do almost every year.

Mojouw
10-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Looks Like Lebeau may be behind Worilds disappearing. Not sure what there is to gain by letting the two oldest front seven players be the primary pass rushers. If you want a pass rusher to rove, why not Harrison or Moats?

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2014/10/01/kaboly-steelers-scheming-worilds-out-of-what-he-does-best/#axzz3Ev9rJJhj

Also, is Lance Moore really that bad of a blocker? I mean, I know the Saints never used to block anybody, but really?

steelreserve
10-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Also, is Lance Moore really that bad of a blocker? I mean, I know the Saints never used to block anybody, but really?

I don't buy that excuse in the slightest. You could be the best-blocking WR in the world, but at the receiver position, that wouldn't even begin to make up for bad hands and such a total inability to make plays.

Similarly, you could go all season without throwing a single block at all, and if you were just average in all other respects, you'd still be far superior to what Brown has shown us so far.

The blocking thing is just a lame cover for what's probably some petty squabble that has Moore in the doghouse. You get your best players on the field, and Brown has shown us he's definitely not that.

GBMelBlount
10-04-2014, 02:34 PM

Until either of those things get fixed, the offense better put up 28+ per game.

This

ALLD
10-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Moore probably asked a question in a team meeting as to why a running play instead of a pass was called in the last possession of the Tampa game.

Mojouw
10-06-2014, 04:52 PM
So apparently this play lives on

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/10/steelers-film-room-run-pass-option-play-puts-away-jaguars/

Mojouw
10-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Moore probably asked a question in a team meeting as to why a running play instead of a pass was called in the last possession of the Tampa game.

So apparently, they just think Moore stinks.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3545/lance-moore

one side only
10-09-2014, 12:04 PM
So apparently, they just think Moore stinks.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3545/lance-moore

Here's a link to Ed bouchette's Blog from this morning's P-G: http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/steelers-steelers-blog/2014/10/09/Steelers-Believe-J-Brown-Better-than-Moore/stories/201410090001

Bouchette writes this: A popular question on my chats and in Ask Ed (send your questions to ebouchette@post-gazette.com ) is why Justin Brown is ahead of Lance Moore in the pecking order at slot receiver. They believe he is a better receiver, is why. Remember, Moore was not an unrestricted free agent. He was a street free agent after the New Orleans Saints released him.

So, the distinction in Moore's off-season status (street FA vs. UFA) somehow factors in to the justification for him not playing? At least the Steelers are giving Cam Thomas a chance to prove he isn't as good as they thought when they signed him. There is something more to the story here.

tube517
10-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Look who the OC is. I mean, I don't hate Haley as others do but he's got that history of rocky relationships with his WRs.