PDA

View Full Version : Cellar Dwellers

Moose
09-29-2014, 09:55 AM
Okay, we've been average the past few year's because of so called 'old' player's. Okay, we were said to be in the 'rebuilding' stage. And as fan's most of us accepted that. But, I'm sorry, because of draft's , free agents, etc., it shouldn't take year's and year's to rebuild. You buy and trade for what you need. This isn't college or high school ( although this team can sure be coached as one). After that pathetic performance against Tampa I've come to the conclusion that we have become the new CELLAR DWELLERS. Sorry, but I don't see us beating the rat's, the brown's and I hate to say it because I hate the obnoxious bunghole fan's, but the bungholes will whip us twice. Also, looking at the remaining schedule, I don't see any game as a win. So, what's that conclude ? The Steeler's have become bottom feeder's. After knocking on the basement door the past few year's, we finally got the door opened and found the steps down. Draft picks are for the most part wasted. I've said for year's we need CB's. Never got any. And for year's it seem's because of pathetic coverage on passes, we lose a game. Alway's gave up that long pass for 1st down or TD. Just my opinion. Tired of football season after 4 weeks. UGH Oh well, we've finally made it to the basement, someone turn on the lights !

st33lersguy
09-29-2014, 10:08 AM
I am afraid your right. Clevelnad is playing with passion for the first time since I can remember and forget catching B'more and Cincy, those two teams are going to the playoffs

fansince'76
09-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Guess we should just forfeit the rest of the season and wait for the draft, then...

Moose
09-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Guess we should just forfeit the rest of the season and wait for the draft, then...

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that I would like to see this team show some desire. I would like to see the coaches get in some asses and stop these dumb ass penalties that are losing these games for us. We have real decent talent on the team. Maybe we need to start playing some of these rookies to see what they can do. We are a quarter of the way in the season, and anything can still happen. But from what I saw in the second half of the brown's game, the rat's game, and tampa's game doesn't leave me to believe this team is in a kick ass mode. You must be watching and seeing something with some hope to it, so please clue me in to what to watch.

Edman
09-29-2014, 10:44 AM
The Steelers sat in the basement at one point last year too.

I hate losing to Tampa as much anything else, but there's still a very long way to go this season. Championships aren't won in September. This team isn't in "kick ass" mode, well that's a good thing.

I don't like the way the Steelers trip over themselves, but they are the only thing stopping them right now. No one else is. The only thing to do now is sit and wait.

This league is funny. Teams can streak and collapse very easily.

GBMelBlount
09-29-2014, 12:37 PM
I'll take 2-2 after 4 games.

I really think this season will come down to if and when the defense gels.

Ben and the offense can hold it's own but you can't expect them to score 30 points every game.

86WARD
09-29-2014, 12:38 PM
At this stage, Cleveland is playing better football.

steelreserve
09-29-2014, 01:42 PM
We're still on track to be 8-8, and don't forget our schedule the rest of the year. We've played two tough games so far and there don't look to be a lot of them coming up.

Of course, there's no telling whether we'll win any individual one of those games, but I still think given the schedule we've got a good shot at going 10-6 and making the playoffs.

Much of that will be that our level of opposition fools people into thinking that we're better than we are. This team has way too many holes and is way too inconsistent to be a serious title contender. There's just no telling which team will show up from week to week, or even from one half to the other in the same game. We've had our ups and downs before, but I've never seen a whipsaw quite like this.

plenewken
09-29-2014, 01:47 PM
It's very early in the season and I'd rather see them sh*t the bed now than in Nov/Dec. This being said, Tomlin and his crew better fix what doesn't work NOW because losing the way we've lost against TB is unacceptable. If it wasn't for a lucky W against the Browns, we'd be 1-3 today.

blackngldblood
09-29-2014, 02:54 PM
Unfortunately, games like yesterday's are par for the course under Tomlin. I was upset, but surprised? I'm surprised that so many people freaked out as if it hasn't happened before year after year! Every time we play Oakland. Tennessee is almost a guaranteed loss. Shoulda beat Miami last year. The two games were eerily similar. 2-2 is far better than 0-4. A lot of people predicted we'd be 2-2 at this point. I guess you feel better about getting blown out by the Panthers and then beating TB? Like this team doesn't play down to the inferior teams? Lol. It's a real deal, and it probably won't stop until the head honcho is a goner. The most surprising game by far, at this point, was that Baltimore debacle. No words for that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polamalubeast
09-29-2014, 03:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

st33lersguy
09-29-2014, 03:16 PM
Another problem is we have by a monumentally wide margin the worst defense in the division. Cincy and Baltimore are the obvious no. 1 and 2 respectively and what is seperating Cleveland from Pittsburgh right now is Cleveland has a better defense and is playing with more passion, pride, and heart. Pittsburgh isn't, especially last week. Plus our defensive backs couldn't cover a toddler or an old man using crutches

blackngldblood
09-29-2014, 04:29 PM
Another problem is we have by a monumentally wide margin the worst defense in the division. Cincy and Baltimore are the obvious no. 1 and 2 respectively and what is seperating Cleveland from Pittsburgh right now is Cleveland has a better defense and is playing with more passion, pride, and heart. Pittsburgh isn't, especially last week. Plus our defensive backs couldn't cover a toddler or an old man using crutches

You are, unfortunately, correct. This offense has a real chance to be special. This defense ain't gonna win any championships. If they don't fix the secondary this upcoming offseason then they are just being willfully ignorant at how bad it is.

I hate to say this, I really do, seeing how the only Steelers jersey I currently own belongs to the guy but Troy is done. It's time for Shamarko to start making som appearances. Troy can't cover anything in the secondary. I hope he proves me wrong in the coming weeks.

Count Steeler
09-29-2014, 04:36 PM
You are, unfortunately, correct. This offense has a real chance to be special. This defense ain't gonna win any championships. If they don't fix the secondary this upcoming offseason then they are just being willfully ignorant at how bad it is.

I hate to say this, I really do, seeing how the only Steelers jersey I currently own belongs to the guy but Troy is done. It's time for Shamarko to start making som appearances. Troy can't cover anything in the secondary. I hope he proves me wrong in the coming weeks.

This is the other problem I have with the coaching staff. They have a problem sitting a player that isn't performing. Put in Thomas and Golden. I don't think it is hard to assess that Polamalu isn't making any impact plays.

Moose
09-29-2014, 04:50 PM
We're still on track to be 8-8, and don't forget our schedule the rest of the year. We've played two tough games so far and there don't look to be a lot of them coming up.

Of course, there's no telling whether we'll win any individual one of those games, but I still think given the schedule we've got a good shot at going 10-6 and making the playoffs.

Much of that will be that our level of opposition fools people into thinking that we're better than we are. This team has way too many holes and is way too inconsistent to be a serious title contender. There's just no telling which team will show up from week to week, or even from one half to the other in the same game. We've had our ups and downs before, but I've never seen a whipsaw quite like this.

I'll have what you're drinking ! On track to be 8-8 ? Only 2 tough games so far ? Don't forget our schedule ? Giving our schedule we could end up 10-6 ? Just what games do you have us winning at this point to go 10-6 ? Not being sarcastic, just curious. :)

steelreserve
09-29-2014, 05:03 PM
I'll have what you're drinking ! On track to be 8-8 ? Only 2 tough games so far ? Don't forget our schedule ? Giving our schedule we could end up 10-6 ? Just what games do you have us winning at this point to go 10-6 ? Not being sarcastic, just curious. :)

We're 2-2, so yes, we're "on track" to win 8 games. Realistically, to get to 10, I'd see us winning our next three, Jets, Chiefs (this year we're seeing how good they really are), at least one from the Bengals (Andy Dalton can find a way to lose any game), and take your pick of any two from the other six games, with Titans and Falcons being among the more likely.

At least that's what we OUGHT to do. There's no telling which team will show up. We could beat the Colts and Ravens back-to-back and then get blown out by the Jets. I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see us slide to .500 or below, but I don't think it's that desperate. We've looked like the worst team in the league half the time, and we've looked like we could blow out anybody half the time. Assuming a below-average schedule, that theoretically puts us on a path to win more than lose. But the inconsistency does not have me hopeful for anything beyond that.

st33lersguy
09-29-2014, 05:16 PM
Right now AB is on facebook busy promoting his personal achievements yesterday , posting his stats and a picture of one of his touchdowns. Are you kidding me? His team loses in embarrassing fashion and he goes to facebook celebrating his personal positives while ignoring his negatives? This isn't a team, this is a collection of cocky self-absorbed players who think they are the best when they haven't accomplished crap as a team. Remember how they were laughing at the Browns late in the 1st half? This is another reason why we will be cellar dwellers

Moose
09-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Sounds like another Chad Johnson ( ocho ginko ) from the bungholes....and look where he's at ! hahaha What a fool. This is where Tomlin needs to lay down the law and define what a classy player is to the bafoon !!

st33lersguy
09-29-2014, 06:05 PM
Sounds like another Chad Johnson ( ocho ginko ) from the bungholes....and look where he's at ! hahaha What a fool. This is where Tomlin needs to lay down the law and define what a classy player is to the bafoon !!

Ocho Quatro, lol

Count Steeler
09-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Right now AB is on facebook busy promoting his personal achievements yesterday , posting his stats and a picture of one of his touchdowns. Are you kidding me? His team loses in embarrassing fashion and he goes to facebook celebrating his personal positives while ignoring his negatives? This isn't a team, this is a collection of cocky self-absorbed players who think they are the best when they haven't accomplished crap as a team. Remember how they were laughing at the Browns late in the 1st half? This is another reason why we will be cellar dwellers

Bingo. Didn't Tomlin get a twitter account so he could monitor his players? Does he know what facebook is?

No more celebrating in game. Period. You are here to play and you are here to win. Want to show off? Should have gone to wrestling.

SteelMayhem72
09-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Too many individuals and not many team players.. there is your lack of discipline...tomlin is to blame and its finally come to a head now and its too late to fix it...being going on for 3 years

SteelMayhem72
09-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Too many individuals and not many team players.. there is your lack of discipline...tomlin is to blame and its finally come to a head now and its too late to fix it...being going on for 3 years
Tomlin is too buddy buddy with the players and has yet and probably never will find that fine line...you cant be head coach and body bump and celebrate with your players on the field in the manner he does and instill any discipline...coach the players dont be a "party" coach

SteelMayhem72
09-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Tomlin is too buddy buddy with the players and has yet and probably never will find that fine line...you cant be head coach and body bump and celebrate with your players on the field in the manner he does and instill any discipline...coach the players dont be a "party" coach
Your real leaders/coaches were Ward, Bettis and company...team went downhill when they left

X-Terminator
09-29-2014, 09:14 PM
Like I said in another thread, Tomlin is too much of a player's coach and does not demand accountability. He doesn't understand that you can be a player's coach and still expect nothing less than maximum effort and playing together as a TEAM, not a bunch of individuals. Again, Clint Hurdle has turned out to be a master of doing exactly that. Maybe Tomlin should hit him up if Clint isn't too busy preparing his team for the playoffs.

As for AB, I guess he's now on everyone's shit list. Oh well. Next time, don't post pictures of personal accomplishments when your team just lost a game to a winless team at home.

BTW, SteelMayhem...you can edit your own posts rather than quote them. Is your edit button not working?

SteelMayhem72
09-29-2014, 09:23 PM
Like I said in another thread, Tomlin is too much of a player's coach and does not demand accountability. He doesn't understand that you can be a player's coach and still expect nothing less than maximum effort and playing together as a TEAM, not a bunch of individuals. Again, Clint Hurdle has turned out to be a master of doing exactly that. Maybe Tomlin should hit him up if Clint isn't too busy preparing his team for the playoffs.

As for AB, I guess he's now on everyone's shit list. Oh well. Next time, don't post pictures of personal accomplishments when your team just lost a game to a winless team at home.

BTW, SteelMayhem...you can edit your own posts rather than quote them. Is your edit button not working?
Sorry im on tapatalk trying to figure it out...lol
I totally agree with what you say

NCSteeler
09-29-2014, 09:38 PM

X, you can't say that Tomlin is offended by the "players coach" moniker. It's racist don't ya know.

Moose
09-29-2014, 09:45 PM
X, you can't say that Tomlin is offended by the "players coach" moniker. It's racist don't ya know.
Hey NCSteeler I forgot all about that comment he made on the pre-game interview. I was too pissed about the game outcome and forgot about that. I never did hear what he meant by it, I remember he mentioned something about Dick LeBeau not being a 'player coach' and he thought it was racist that he was called it ? He left me scratching my head on that comment. I think he also confused the girl that was interviewing him. I wonder why none of the 'talking sport heads' addressed it ? Tomlin sure doesn't need to start any 'race card' issues !

Godfather
09-29-2014, 09:54 PM
Bingo. Didn't Tomlin get a twitter account so he could monitor his players? Does he know what facebook is?

I hope not. That would be pointless.

If a player does anything truly stupid on social media, it'll become a news story and he'll hear about it that way.

tube517
09-29-2014, 10:27 PM
Sorry im on tapatalk trying to figure it out...lol
I totally agree with what you say

Yeah, Tapatalk can act up when editing on a forum.

fansince'76
09-29-2014, 10:32 PM
Cellar dwellers? As in (Mom's) cellar dwellers? I can think of two right off the top of my head...

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/member.php/1110-jb500ex

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/member.php/1309-muncher

NCSteeler
09-30-2014, 04:00 AM
Hey NCSteeler I forgot all about that comment he made on the pre-game interview. I was too pissed about the game outcome and forgot about that. I never did hear what he meant by it, I remember he mentioned something about Dick LeBeau not being a 'player coach' and he thought it was racist that he was called it ? He left me scratching my head on that comment. I think he also confused the girl that was interviewing him. I wonder why none of the 'talking sport heads' addressed it ? Tomlin sure doesn't need to start any 'race card' issues !

I've not heard a whisper about it, but it hit me really odd. and Old White Dick Lebeau is a players coach, his players love him. IDK, a sign that he's feelin the pressure?

Texasteel
09-30-2014, 04:46 AM

I think I would have to disagree with this. I had seen plenty of times that Bill celebrated with his player on the side line, meeting his players as they came off the field with a slap on the back laughing and joking with them, I've even see him hug a couple of them. How ever, those same players knew that if they screwed up 10 minutes latter he was going to be in their faces spittin all over them. Can Tomlin make this transition, I don't know, but if he can't the discipline on this team is not going to get better. You can blame the play calling on the OC, the players on the team on the FO, and the play on the field on the players if you want, but discipline belongs to the head couch.

Of course the exception would be Dallas, where the owner castrates the couch before he even gets there.

SteelMayhem72
09-30-2014, 04:28 PM
I think I would have to disagree with this. I had seen plenty of times that Bill celebrated with his player on the side line, meeting his players as they came off the field with a slap on the back laughing and joking with them, I've even see him hug a couple of them. How ever, those same players knew that if they screwed up 10 minutes latter he was going to be in their faces spittin all over them. Can Tomlin make this transition, I don't know, but if he can't the discipline on this team is not going to get better. You can blame the play calling on the OC, the players on the team on the FO, and the play on the field on the players if you want, but discipline belongs to the head couch.

Of course the exception would be Dallas, where the owner castrates the couch before he even gets there.
The only difference is cowher knew when to be serious and the players knew it too...like i said Tomlin cant find the line of being head coach and buddy buddy...the players look at him as another player in my eyes.

Texasteel
09-30-2014, 04:50 PM
The only difference is cowher knew when to be serious and the players knew it too...like i said Tomlin cant find the line of being head coach and buddy buddy...the players look at him as another player in my eyes.

And it may be too late for Tomlin to take that step without alienating his players. If it is, that could be the undoing of our head couch. Personally, I hope he can.

NCSteeler
10-01-2014, 03:10 AM
It may be he talks too much nonsense so they just quit listening