PDA

View Full Version : Milk carton award goes to

Dwinsgames
09-28-2014, 06:58 PM
second time in 3 weeks I vote for Jason Worilds and his 1 Tackle ZERO assists and no sacks

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByqJeXJCMAEYH1j.jpg

one side only
09-28-2014, 06:59 PM
Just think, the Steelers can re-sign him at a bargain price.

Steelerette
09-28-2014, 07:00 PM
On the bright side his contract is a sunk cost, at season's end he'll be cheap to retain or free to expend.

XxKnightxX
09-28-2014, 07:06 PM
I'd rather spend that money on Moats.

vader29
09-28-2014, 07:09 PM
I'd rather spend that money on Moats.
Don't know what corners will be available as free agents next year but that's where I'd rather they spend money in the upcoming off-season.

Steelerette
09-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Don't know what corners will be available as free agents next year but that's where I'd rather they spend money in the upcoming off-season.

I believe Dan WIlliams NT Cardinals will be a FA.

86WARD
09-28-2014, 07:33 PM
I think Tomlin should have one of those permanent inset pictures on the carton.

st33lersguy
09-28-2014, 08:06 PM
How about Cortez Allen. Boy was I right in criticizing the Steelers for signing him to a big contract before he arrived. He and Gilbert haven't earned a penny of their massive contracts

86WARD
09-28-2014, 08:17 PM
Not one penny. I thought the Allen deal would be for the best...not so much...

MrPgh
09-28-2014, 08:25 PM
How about Cortez Allen. Boy was I right in criticizing the Steelers for signing him to a big contract before he arrived. He and Gilbert haven't earned a penny of their massive contracts

Yet they still haven't signed their franchise QB...

SteelerFanInStl
09-28-2014, 10:02 PM

I got beat up on this forum for even suggesting that the Steelers shouldn't have jumped in to a contract extension on Cortez. Seems like everyone here thought that it was a good idea.

steelreserve
09-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Looks like the tranny tag on Worilds was the right move after all. How many arguments did we all have that went like ... "He only had half a good season! Don't risk Woodley II!" / "It doesn't matter, you have to take risks and pay top $$$ for talent in this league!"

Well, at this rate it looks like we did ourselves a HUGE favor and did dodge Woodley II.

Allen's extension isn't that bad. If he really sucks as bad as he has the first 4 games, releasing him after June 1 next year only costs us something like $1.35M in dead money. The big thing coming up is the $3M roster bonus in March of next year; if we're going to drop-kick him, that's probably when.

http://overthecap.com/player/cortez-allen/1588

NCSteeler
09-29-2014, 03:11 AM
Let Keenan walk and signed Allen, at the time many said Allen would be better. Not so far

Edman
09-29-2014, 03:30 AM
Cortez Allen.

Jason Worilds. He is mediocre and always will be.

Ben Roethlisberger. Played for 55 minutes instead of 60.

Antonio Brown. Another Superstar who disappeared down the stretch.

Dwinsgames
09-29-2014, 06:38 AM
Let Keenan walk and signed Allen, at the time many said Allen would be better. Not so far

someone mentioned this last night on twitter ... but turns out Keenan Lewis thus far has graded out as the 3rd worst starting CB in the league in 2014 ... time to improve but same can be said for everyone

not sure I trust any CB Colbert has a hand in drafting , when has he got a good one ? give me 1 example

Devilsdancefloor
09-29-2014, 07:31 AM
someone mentioned this last night on twitter ... but turns out Keenan Lewis thus far has graded out as the 3rd worst starting CB in the league in 2014 ... time to improve but same can be said for everyone

not sure I trust any CB Colbert has a hand in drafting , when has he got a good one ? give me 1 example

i just cant get by the fact that some of the draft gurus around here can pick a 3rd to 5th round CB that turns out better than our GM for some reason whatever it is the organization will not spend a 1st or 2nd round oick on a CB it is like the way they treated the OL for so many years. Time to see what webb can do, but i am not holding my breath. Sometimes you cant be the players best friend you are his boss and if you screw up you need to hear about it not in private right then!

Dwinsgames
09-29-2014, 12:31 PM
i just cant get by the fact that some of the draft gurus around here can pick a 3rd to 5th round CB that turns out better than our GM for some reason whatever it is the organization will not spend a 1st or 2nd round oick on a CB it is like the way they treated the OL for so many years. Time to see what webb can do, but i am not holding my breath. Sometimes you cant be the players best friend you are his boss and if you screw up you need to hear about it not in private right then!

sums it up pretty good

st33lersguy
09-29-2014, 04:30 PM
I got beat up on this forum for even suggesting that the Steelers shouldn't have jumped in to a contract extension on Cortez. Seems like everyone here thought that it was a good idea.

You and me both.

zulater
09-29-2014, 04:57 PM
93 is actually making me miss 56.

vader29
09-29-2014, 06:12 PM
93 is actually making me miss 56.
Woodley isn't doing much with the Raiders either, 1 tackle and 3 assists are his only stats through 4 games.

GBMelBlount
09-29-2014, 09:09 PM
The Steelers.

Count Steeler
09-29-2014, 10:12 PM
Woodley isn't doing much with the Raiders either, 1 tackle and 3 assists are his only stats through 4 games.

His hammy must be acting up again.

Shoes
09-29-2014, 10:14 PM
The Steelers.

:chuckle:

fansince'76
09-29-2014, 10:15 PM
His hammy must be acting up again.

Or he went back on his "see food" diet.

ALLD
09-30-2014, 07:33 AM
Pathetic bunch of losers and coaching staff wiling to put up with their poor attitudes. When I was a kid I won championships in every sport I played and was an All-Star. Fact is I hated losing more than winning which was primary motivation. I got mad and screamed at the team members who were not doing their jobs or were apathetic.

Winning begins with an attitude. It's a way of life, something that is innate. Part of one's character. The scared play calling in the 4thQ trying not to lose instead of win got exactly the opposite results and will every time. Just stupid.

GBMelBlount
09-30-2014, 07:40 AM
Pathetic bunch of losers and coaching staff wiling to put up with their poor attitudes. When I was a kid I won championships in every sport I played and was an All-Star.

Fact is I hated losing more than winning which was primary motivation. I got mad and screamed at the team members who were not doing their jobs or were apathetic.

Winning begins with an attitude. It's a way of life, something that is innate. Part of one's character. The scared play calling in the 4thQ trying not to lose instead of win got exactly the opposite results and will every time. Just stupid.

This. Me too.

Too many "good losers" on this team imo.

Jaucer
10-01-2014, 06:55 PM
This. Me too.

Too many "good losers" on this team imo.

That is our society in general. There is not allowed to be losers any more, everyone is a winner, everyone get's a blue ribbon. We don't even need to keep scores anymore. Can't have people crying about being called a loser and going home bawling to their mamas.