PDA

View Full Version : what we learned today

Dwinsgames
09-28-2014, 03:43 PM
1) Mike Tomlin led teams play down to their competition and can lose to anyone ( many of us already knew that ) this just confirms it

2) Beachum can not handle Michael Johnson ( again some of us realized this and still wanted a LT ) but we held out hope the FO was right and he could handle the job

3) 3rd down and 5 or 6 you do not run a delayed draw with the game on the line ....once again 99.9999% of the free world knows this but somehow nobody bothered to tell Hailey

4) you can not EVER let a bad team hang around and give them TWO chances to win in the final 3 minutes of the game because more often than not they will !!

5) once again this team was unprepared ..... I am so sick of this more than anything

their goes 4 hours of my life I will never get back ....

I think I will quit watching games vs bottom feeders as more often than not I come away from it with a bad taste in my mouth ...

* as a side note WTF is with all these personal foul penalties 6 times nailed for 15 yards KILLS your ability to win

MrPgh
09-28-2014, 03:45 PM
Tomlin just isn't the right coach for this team anymore. He was back when he was hired, but not anymore. The players don't respect him, and he really doesn't seem to have much say on who his coordinators are.

X-Terminator
09-28-2014, 03:45 PM
I think what I learned today was that I'm glad I decided to go shopping and put together my futon rather than watch the game. Everyone else can get all emotional and pissed off. I, on the other hand, will continue on with my life as it no longer revolves around the Steelers or sports in general.

Carry on.

SteelMayhem72
09-28-2014, 03:46 PM
I think what I learned today was that I'm glad I decided to go shopping and put together my futon rather than watch the game. Everyone else can get all emotional and pissed off. I, on the other hand, will continue on with my life as it no longer revolves around the Steelers or sports in general.

Carry on.

thats the attitude I need...less ulcers

Atlanta Dan
09-28-2014, 03:48 PM
For the first time the thought has entered the mind of AJRII that Tomlin may not be the guy

Mojouw
09-28-2014, 03:48 PM
1. Cowher's teams did this constantly as well.

2. Yeah. That was something many were concerned about, but few wanted to think about.

3. Can't dispute that. Other than to say damn fine thing we fired Arians.

4. There are few truly bad teams in the NFL - the Bucs are not one. Give them chances and they will beat you. Over and over again.

5. I think the gameplan was good. Again the execution was awful. But since the talent on the roster is so thin, there is nowhere to go with player discipline. Going to sit Cortez Allen (he certainly needs a break to pull himself together)? Who plays in his place? Wallace got wrecked all day -- again who else is there?

MrPgh
09-28-2014, 03:49 PM

Carry on.

That's a good attitude to have. If more people had it they wouldn't show up to games or tune in and it would pound a message in Art II's head that he's been wrong for the last 3 years.

Shoes
09-28-2014, 03:50 PM
1) Mike Tomlin led teams play down to their competition and can lose to anyone ( many of us already knew that ) this just confirms it

2) Beachum can not handle Michael Johnson ( again some of us realized this and still wanted a LT ) but we held out hope the FO was right and he could handle the job

3) 3rd down and 5 or 6 you do not run a delayed draw with the game on the line ....once again 99.9999% of the free world knows this but somehow nobody bothered to tell Hailey

4) you can not EVER let a bad team hang around and give them TWO chances to win in the final 3 minutes of the game because more often than not they will !!

5) once again this team was unprepared ..... I am so sick of this more than anything

their goes 4 hours of my life I will never get back ....

I think I will quit watching games vs bottom feeders as more often than not I come away from it with a bad taste in my mouth ...

* as a side note WTF is with all these personal foul penalties 6 times nailed for 15 yards KILLS your ability to win

It's an undisciplined team lead by an undisciplined Tomlin…it's that simple.

XxKnightxX
09-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Thankfully I got to enjoy the jets implode before watching this debacle. I'm done guys. I lost all respect and trust from Tomlin.

tube517
09-28-2014, 03:55 PM

Carry on.

And I was at work watching this nonsense of a loss. My co-workers probably think I was crazy. My desk held up pretty well from the pounding.

ALLD
09-28-2014, 03:56 PM
When the Pittsburgh Steelers could not impose their will on the Tampa Bay Bucs at home, there is a big problem.

SteelerFanInStl
09-28-2014, 03:57 PM
I hate to say it but I think that the 6-2 run at the end of last year was actually one of the worst things that could have happened to this team. It made people believe that this team was better than they actually are.

Instead of addressing the problems, they chose to instead just tell themselves that we barely missed the playoffs.

MrPgh
09-28-2014, 03:58 PM
I hate to say it but I think that the 6-2 run at the end of last year was actually one of the worst things that could have happened to this team. It made people believe that this team was better than they actually are.

Pretty much what Art II said after last season. And we wonder why things aren't getting better.

dislocatedday
09-28-2014, 04:03 PM
1) The secondary has a lack of talent, and Troy is too old now. A couple years ago I really thought Cortez would blossom into a pro-bowl caliber CB........I could not have been more wrong in that prognostication. He has been utterly terrible through the first 4 games. Troy looks like he hit that same "old age" wall that Clark did last season where he is a couple steps slow to everything. I'd really like to see Shamarko play in the games more.

2) I'll just quote Dwins from above:

"3rd down and 5 or 6 you do not run a delayed draw with the game on the line ....once again 99.9999% of the free world knows this but somehow nobody bothered to tell Hailey". Put the game in Ben's hands and let him make a play for the first down which would have SEALED A WIN if converted. I'd take my chances with Ben rather then put the game in the hands of this defense.

3) The inordinate amount of penalties are contributing to this team's failures in a big way. You just can't keep giving teams free 15 yard increments.

Steelerette
09-28-2014, 04:05 PM
It's tempting to get to get emotional and want to fire anyone and everyone after a stupid loss like this, but let's have a deep breath.

A lot of our problem is discipline and execution - and talent level you can add.

I'm by no means pleased with Tomlin. He has a serious disciplinary problem on his hands and I'm not confident in him to solve it. But the problem goes beyond that.

We have to start looking at who's making the calls in the talent evaluation department, specifically in regards to the secondary and the Offensive Line. We've spent a stupid amount of resources and draft picks on the O-line for us to be constantly having these problems. It should even be somewhat "easy" to get a right tackle in place to do a somewhat competent job. I would argue we already have the solution to this problem on board with Munchak, but for this season he has to work with what he's inherited. But what are Tomlin and Colbert's roles in this particular problem?

Cornerbacks. I don't care who your cornerbacks are, if you're a 3-4 without a real nose tackle, it's not going to be excellent. That said, what we've been seeing has been disappointing in its own right - who made the call that our cornerbacks were "good enough?" Or is that just a line to cover up the fact that, while they secondary wasn't good enough, they had other draft priorities instead? (Besides, what can LeBeau say, "hey we suck but whatever"). I don't care if you're not getting great pocket pressure - there's still no excuse to be carved up by Mike Glennon. And I thought the first half looked actually pretty good - we were on the ropes because of a few stupid plays but we were in general, winning in most facets at the half. What changed?

Mojouw
09-28-2014, 04:09 PM
It's tempting to get to get emotional and want to fire anyone and everyone after a stupid loss like this, but let's have a deep breath.

A lot of our problem is discipline and execution - and talent level you can add.

I'm by no means pleased with Tomlin. He has a serious disciplinary problem on his hands and I'm not confident in him to solve it. But the problem goes beyond that.

We have to start looking at who's making the calls in the talent evaluation department, specifically in regards to the secondary and the Offensive Line. We've spent a stupid amount of resources and draft picks on the O-line for us to be constantly having these problems. It should even be somewhat "easy" to get a right tackle in place to do a somewhat competent job. I would argue we already have the solution to this problem on board with Munchak, but for this season he has to work with what he's inherited. But what are Tomlin and Colbert's roles in this particular problem?

Cornerbacks. I don't care who your cornerbacks are, if you're a 3-4 without a real nose tackle, it's not going to be excellent. That said, what we've been seeing has been disappointing in its own right - who made the call that our cornerbacks were "good enough?" Or is that just a line to cover up the fact that, while they secondary wasn't good enough, they had other draft priorities instead? (Besides, what can LeBeau say, "hey we suck but whatever"). I don't care if you're not getting great pocket pressure - there's still no excuse to be carved up by Mike Glennon. And I thought the first half looked actually pretty good - we were on the ropes because of a few stupid plays but we were in general, winning in most facets at the half. What changed?

DL line play was nowhere near the problem today.

Edman
09-28-2014, 04:11 PM
1) Ben lost his clutch and is a choke artist who will have great games, but can't make critical plays to win games. When we needed him the most, he failed.

2) Mike Tomlin = Mediocrity.

That's about as far as it goes. Everything else that transpired today is stuff I already knew about.

HollywoodSteel
09-28-2014, 04:15 PM
1. Cowher's teams did this constantly as well.

2. Yeah. That was something many were concerned about, but few wanted to think about.

3. Can't dispute that. Other than to say damn fine thing we fired Arians.

4. There are few truly bad teams in the NFL - the Bucs are not one. Give them chances and they will beat you. Over and over again.

5. I think the gameplan was good. Again the execution was awful. But since the talent on the roster is so thin, there is nowhere to go with player discipline. Going to sit Cortez Allen (he certainly needs a break to pull himself together)? Who plays in his place? Wallace got wrecked all day -- again who else is there?

The Bucs will get destroyed by every other team in our division. Bank on it. They are not a good team. Once Mike Evans was out, they should have had no chance in hell to match points with us. But of course they did.

I no longer care about comparing Tomlin to Cowher or Haley to Arians... I just want guys who can coach this team today. You don't commit that many penalties in a home game. You just don't. I'm not going to pretend to know how to prevent it. Maybe work n the little things in practice? Then work on them again, and again, again.

Do I think we'll be better off if we fire everybody today? Absolutely not. Do I give a shit anymore? Absolutely not. There are 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL. You lose this one today at home like that, I won't shed one tear for you if you get fired. Tomlin loves to talk about a win being a win, and style points don't matter. Well, a loss is a loss and your witty sayings don't matter. You have an offense that should be putting up 35 points at home on any team that doesn't have a top 5 defense. You lose to a team that gave up that many points to Atlanta last week? Again, I won't shed one tear for you if you are fired. You refuse to put the game away on a 3rd and 5 with a pass play (or if nothing is there, then Ben can just run or sit on it)? Once again, I won't shed a God damned tear for you if you are fired.

I'd rather go 2-14 t this point than 7-9. We need to start stacking high draft picks to have a shot at another championship. Because our coaching will not compensate for any lack of talent.

86WARD
09-28-2014, 04:19 PM
The team had the game won. One first down. They overcame the shit play of the CBs. Just like they did last week. But they couldn't convert one first down when it mattered. Lol. Coaching. Play calling.

Steelerette
09-28-2014, 04:22 PM
DL line play was nowhere near the problem today.By no means. That's why I said what we saw today from the CBs was disappointing in its own right. While I'm willing to give Munchak time (perhaps an offseason) on the O-line issue... we have some serious cornerback problems that maybe aren't going away unless we see some changes.

But what changes? It may be tough to dissect who's making the calls on talent level, draft priority, free agent pursuit, etc... will today prompt the team to slide Ike to the real IR and go sign Quentin Jammer? Or anything?

ALLD
09-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Some good trick plays were out weighed by a bizarre game plan. They looked like they came to play last week's game this week on reputation alone. Heath Miller was most consistent. AB was about as good as one could play despite the couple of drops.

Breakdowns came on too many sacks, too many penalties, poor special teams and not scoring on a rare turnover.

HollywoodSteel
09-28-2014, 04:26 PM
1) Ben lost his clutch and is a choke artist who will have great games, but can't make critical plays to win games. When we needed him the most, he failed.

That's about as far as it goes. Everything else that transpired today is stuff I already knew about.

Ben misses a few throws here and there (and yeah, if he were perfect we would have won) but he was nowhere near the biggest problem. If AB makes that one catch on the flee flicker, game over. But AB isn't the problem either. It's everything on everything. There's just nothing special about this team or the staff to inspire any confidence in any week. Whenever we have the chance to put the game away, we just refuse to do it. Once we ran that stupid delayed draw on 3rd and 5 I knew we were going to lose. Any time a team needs to get into the redzone against us quickly, they just need to lob it deep and they'll get a penalty or a reception. WE CAN'T COVER ANYONE! At least put it in Ben's hand and give him a chance to win it. Fuck the extra few seconds we take off the clock by running it. No one needs more than 40 seconds to get a TD on us.

Edman
09-28-2014, 04:29 PM
Ben misses a few throws here and there (and yeah, if he were perfect we would have won) but he was nowhere near the biggest problem. If AB makes that one catch on the flee flicker, game over. But AB isn't the problem either. It's everything on everything. There's just nothing special about this team or the staff to inspire any confidence in any week. Whenever we have the chance to put the game away, we just refuse to do it. Once we ran that stupid delayed draw on 3rd and 5 I knew we were going to lose. Any time a team needs to get into the redzone against us quickly, they just need to lob it deep and they'll get a penalty or a reception. WE CAN'T COVER ANYONE! At least put it in Ben's hand and give him a chance to win it. Fuck the extra few seconds we take off the clock by running it. No one needs more than 40 seconds to get a TD on us.

Ben had MORE than enough opportunities to put the Bucs away, and he failed. He could've run for a few extra yards or made a big throw, or override Haley, but he just fucked about.

jb500ex
09-28-2014, 04:32 PM

Funny you say that but the REAL steeler fans won't appreciTe that. He. Is no longer clutch because the day he's been coached or should I say lack of coaching.

X-Terminator
09-28-2014, 04:34 PM
Ben had MORE than enough opportunities to put the Bucs away, and he failed. He could've run for a few extra yards or made a big throw, or override Haley, but he just fucked about.

I don't know why Ben doesn't override Haley more often, to be honest.

Dwinsgames
09-28-2014, 04:38 PM

at what point is enough , enough its not our first rodeo with this problem and we have had a MULTITUDE of them and always someone says its 1 game 1 loss to a bad team ... those losses ( and every loss is HUGE )

I'm by no means pleased with Tomlin. He has a serious disciplinary problem on his hands and I'm not confident in him to solve it.

I have seen nothing based on the past 2 years to believe he can or will solve it ....

Been talking about this for several years , normally I get bashed when bringing it up so have shied away from it as of late

we have nobody successfully taking on a double team at the LOS when the reality is a successful 3-4 team has 2 guys capable of doing so and for that reason its just does not matter who your CB's are because nobody can cover in this league today for 4+ seconds not with the rules in place that benefit the offense and the athleticism of the WR's ... you have to command the double team to get consistent pressure and we don't , so we don't get the pressure and CBs are forced to do the impossible which is impossible ..hence carved up by the Mike Glennons of the world ... to be perfectly Honest I could probably carve up this def if given 4-5 seconds of uninterrupted time to stand there and pick out a target ....

we will have some blame Lebeau .... we will have some spread blame in other areas as well but any system fails without the ability to execute it from a personnel standpoint ...

we have problems in spades first step to improve IMO is to not get pushed around at the point of attack ... do we have someone capable of taking on the double team at the LOS ?I think we do , but he has yet to get a hat on game day ... get the man a hat and let him play !!

do we have a second man capable of taking on a double team ? I think we do , he gets a hat but doesn't get on the field ..... put the man in the dam game already !!

yes Tuitt and McCullers LET THEM PLAY .,.. perhaps then we can get the needed pressure from the linebackers to permit this def to do its job .... until this happens I have little faith in our def

GBMelBlount
09-28-2014, 04:38 PM

Fire Steelerette!

(and totally agree on discipline and execution)

86WARD
09-28-2014, 04:40 PM
The OLine has been better than it has in the past.

fansince'76
09-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Funny you say that but the REAL steeler fans won't appreciTe that. He. Is no longer clutch because the day he's been coached or should I say lack of coaching.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Troll_zpsd847c60a.jpg

Steeltreal
09-28-2014, 04:52 PM
I think pro fans who dont watch these guys play in College are afraid to give props where they're due.

Good QBs get drafted to 'bad' teams and get a big Win once in a while, Big deal they've repeated what got them noticed and drafted in the first place.

But then there's Tebow so who really knows.

st33lersguy
09-28-2014, 04:55 PM
We're the poor man's Dallas Cowboys. 8-8 team that blows games they should win

Dwinsgames
09-28-2014, 05:26 PM
oh and i fully intended this to be a point in the initial post and forget to put it in ....

Verner is not better than what we have at CB ... A.B made him his bitch all day long

Steelerette
09-28-2014, 05:29 PM
oh and i fully intended this to be a point in the initial post and forget to put it in ....

Verner is not better than what we have at CB ... A.B made him his bitch all day longWe were looking for help in Alterraun places.

st33lersguy
09-28-2014, 05:30 PM
We'd be better off cutting Cortez and signing this guy

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-udsvcFuM3as/UCul2NeQJgI/AAAAAAAAAEU/RvpaMZnXZFc/s1600/kip_dynamite_head.jpg

Count Steeler
09-28-2014, 05:31 PM
The players celebrate way too much. Miller should teach all these guys what it means to play the game and get off the field.

I am sick of every pass, every play, every first down. Give the ball to the ref and get back to the huddle.

dislocatedday
09-28-2014, 05:32 PM

Verner is not better than what we have at CB ... A.B made him his bitch all day long

Possibly true about Verner......but AB has worked over almost every CB he has faced over the last year.

Congrats to AB for setting a NFL record today. He had his 20th straight game with at least 5 catches (and he has also had at least 50 yards in all those as well), which breaks the previous record of 19 straight games held by Lavarneus Coles and himself.

Count Steeler
09-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Possibly true about Verner......but AB has worked over almost every CB he has faced over the last year.

Congrats to AB for setting a NFL record today. He had his 20th straight game with at least 5 catches (and he has also had at least 50 yards in all those as well), which breaks the previous record of 19 straight games held by Lavarneus Coles and himself.

Would have been really spectacular if he was able to pull in the flea flicker.

dislocatedday
09-28-2014, 05:44 PM
Would have been really spectacular if he was able to pull in the flea flicker.

Yep, that dropped pass has been the only real blemish on his resume this season. AB has been consistent and spectacular so far.

steel9guy
09-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Cowher teams lost to bad teams but they also won most of them. Tomlin's teams barley win any games against bad teams.

fansince'76
09-28-2014, 10:31 PM
The players celebrate way too much. Miller should teach all these guys what it means to play the game and get off the field.

I am sick of every pass, every play, every first down. Give the ball to the ref and get back to the huddle.

That's the whole league, unfortunately.

Mojouw
09-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Cowher teams lost to bad teams but they also won most of them. Tomlin's teams barley win any games against bad teams.

Care to back that up with some stats? I bet if you look they are even at worst.

NCSteeler
09-29-2014, 01:38 AM
That's a good attitude to have. If more people had it they wouldn't show up to games or tune in and it would pound a message in Art II's head that he's been wrong for the last 3 years.
I get emails about unsold tickets from the steelers this is the first year in a long time there have been plenty every week even available as late as Saturday.

NCSteeler
09-29-2014, 01:41 AM
Care to back that up with some stats? I bet if you look they are even at worst.
Tomlin beat bad teams years ago. Last three he's 6-9. Pretty piss poor. He's lost this team. Who ever I do in the signing and drafting has defunct the roster of any talent. Long road to fix it

Psycho Ward 86
09-29-2014, 02:16 AM

um....we have pro bowl corners on this roster? who HASNT AB made his bitch? he's done the same to other high caliber corners like leon hall, sam shields, joe haden, etc.

Man, AB probably would have had his 1st 200 yard game today if not for that completely out of character drop behind verner and a couple of missed throws.

Boy am i glad we dont have to play antonio brown. if he played against our defense he would become the 1st 2k receiver in NFL history for sure

Edman
09-29-2014, 03:25 AM
I don't know why Ben doesn't override Haley more often, to be honest.

Hey, if Ben can be the hero, he can also be a goat. Same thing with Brown.

That effort on the final offensive drive was pathetic. Both of them disappeared down the stretch. The Defense got a stop. They stopped them. Ben gets the ball back. One first down was all that was needed, and Ben couldn't lead the Steelers O to a single one. Go ahead and call me a Ben hater. That is inexcusable, no matter what.

What I will fault Haley for is leaving Blount on the sidelines. If he's not the closer, why do we even have him, then?

X-Terminator
09-29-2014, 03:59 AM
Hey, if Ben can be the hero, he can also be a goat. Same thing with Brown.

That effort on the final offensive drive was pathetic. Both of them disappeared down the stretch. The Defense got a stop. They stopped them. Ben gets the ball back. One first down was all that was needed, and Ben couldn't lead the Steelers O to a single one. Go ahead and call me a Ben hater. That is inexcusable, no matter what.

What I will fault Haley for is leaving Blount on the sidelines. If he's not the closer, why do we even have him, then?

That would be fine if all you didn't do was bash Ben at every opportunity. So what else could I call you but a hater? When was the last time you ever gave him credit for anything?

You know what they say...you don't know what you've got until it's gone. When Ben finally leaves or hangs them up, and we most likely go back to having warmed-over trash behind center, maybe you'll appreciate him a little bit more.

Edman
09-29-2014, 04:39 AM
That would be fine if all you didn't do was bash Ben at every opportunity. So what else could I call you but a hater? When was the last time you ever gave him credit for anything?

You know what they say...you don't know what you've got until it's gone. When Ben finally leaves or hangs them up, and we most likely go back to having warmed-over trash behind center, maybe you'll appreciate him a little bit more.

Ben may be the best the Steelers have, but he's not immune to criticism. I'm on him, because I expect more and better. Why not? He was having a great game, until the Steelers need him the most. We mock Tony Romo all the time for this.

One first down. One first down was all the Steelers needed. That can't be too much to ask for.

Only Ben can silence the critics. We talk about how Ben is "underrated" and never "appreciated", well what is there to appreciate about this Romo-esque mediocrity? What has Ben done to disprove the stigma that he can't win without a top ranked defense? 8-8 seasons and losing to the winless Buccaneers at home (Especially when you had the game won) won't do him any favors.

On the bright side, (If any), this was a non-conference loss, There is still time to turn this thing around, and the team isn't dead in the water at 0-4 like last year.

X-Terminator
09-29-2014, 04:58 AM
OK fine, you win. Ben is nothing but another Romo. Couldn't have possibly been Haley's playcalling or anything. Nope. All Ben's fault. This loss and every loss.

I'm not arguing over this anymore.

EDIT: Man, I really shouldn't post whenever I'm sleepy. Makes me irritable. I get somewhat of where you're coming from, but I think you're being a bit unreasonable with your criticism. I'll still leave this post up here, though.

zulater
09-29-2014, 05:20 AM
Ben may be the best the Steelers have, but he's not immune to criticism. I'm on him, because I expect more and better. Why not? He was having a great game, until the Steelers need him the most. We mock Tony Romo all the time for this.

One first down. One first down was all the Steelers needed. That can't be too much to ask for.

Only Ben can silence the critics. We talk about how Ben is "underrated" and never "appreciated", well what is there to appreciate about this Romo-esque mediocrity? What has Ben done to disprove the stigma that he can't win without a top ranked defense? 8-8 seasons and losing to the winless Buccaneers at home (Especially when you had the game won) won't do him any favors.

On the bright side, (If any), this was a non-conference loss, There is still time to turn this thing around, and the team isn't dead in the water at 0-4 like last year.

One first was all that was needed. But guess what? They took the ball out of his hands on 3rd down. He went with the play call. Not his fault. And yeah he missed a couple open receivers. But tell me the qb who never misses an open receiver? He's completing nearly 67% of his passes this year despite the fact that he's the most sacked starting qb in the league once again. And don't give me the shit he holds the ball too long. That may have been true in the past. But the vast majority of his sacks come because he's getting sub par pass protection. Manning and Brady have historically withered under similar rushes to what Ben sees constantly. Aaron Rodgers has been slow out the gate this season because guess what, his blocking has been suspect.

Look I love Beachum's story. But the fact is he's probably about the 25th best left tackle in the league. Gilbert is even worse as a right tackle. Wallace and Foster are below average guards. Put an average qb behind center for the Steelers yesterday and we're losing by 20+ points. The reason we're in that game is because of Ben. The reason we lost is because they took the ball out of Ben's hands.

st33lersguy
09-29-2014, 10:10 AM
I think it is safe to say that LeBeau as of now is the equivalent of Al Davis in the last stage of his life

ALLD
09-29-2014, 11:21 AM

You didn't see Franco do a stupid dance after he made the Immaculate Reception. Act like you've been there 1000 times already.

Mojouw
09-29-2014, 11:24 AM
http://www.orangejuiceblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Get-Off-My-Lawn.jpg

Mamaduck43
09-29-2014, 11:46 AM
I was pissed off on Friday night when my grandson's HS team had yet another face mask penalty - - their second in two weeks..... "They should know better by now," I said, and I meant it.... What can you say about a team of players that have so many more years of 'maturity' and experience.... It sickens me.... It is unnecessary and uncalled for and it (among other things) cost us a game that should have been a cake walk.....

I have lived through leaner years, and got spoiled in the '70's and then again a few years ago..... I still believe, but there were times yesterday when I looked at my new apartment and the stack of boxes here in my 'fancave' that are waiting to be unpacked and lovingly stowed away on my walls and bookshelves, that I almost thought about falling to the local community and switching black for green..... Then I realized that I look bilious in green and that thought didn't last long.....

I hope we can turn this season around... I am getting too old for this.... I really want to be alive when we win #7.... And I ain't getting any younger!!!!!

SteelMember
09-29-2014, 01:11 PM
One first was all that was needed. But guess what? They took the ball out of his hands on 3rd down. He went with the play call. Not his fault. And yeah he missed a couple open receivers. But tell me the qb who never misses an open receiver? He's completing nearly 67% of his passes this year despite the fact that he's the most sacked starting qb in the league once again. And don't give me the shit he holds the ball too long. That may have been true in the past. But the vast majority of his sacks come because he's getting sub par pass protection. Manning and Brady have historically withered under similar rushes to what Ben sees constantly. Aaron Rodgers has been slow out the gate this season because guess what, his blocking has been suspect.

Look I love Beachum's story. But the fact is he's probably about the 25th best left tackle in the league. Gilbert is even worse as a right tackle. Wallace and Foster are below average guards. Put an average qb behind center for the Steelers yesterday and we're losing by 20+ points. The reason we're in that game is because of Ben. The reason we lost is because they took the ball out of Ben's hands.

The line was awful, but when was the last time Ben hit the home run ball?? The ball was in his hands then, and his throws were all overthrown. He had time on those particular plays too. For all the shit we give the fuckup known as Flacco, that was the biggest thing that got him his raise... getting the deep ball down field and giving the receivers a chance to get under it. Most of Ben's big pass plays seem to come from YAC... not distance the ball travels. He has never been great with this, but sure would be nice to hit one once in awhile. That is one 'splash play' we haven't hit in what seems to be a long time. Any one of those change the whole game. Sheesh.

Count Steeler
09-29-2014, 06:53 PM
The line was awful, but when was the last time Ben hit the home run ball?? The ball was in his hands then, and his throws were all overthrown. He had time on those particular plays too. For all the shit we give the fuckup known as Flacco, that was the biggest thing that got him his raise... getting the deep ball down field and giving the receivers a chance to get under it. Most of Ben's big pass plays seem to come from YAC... not distance the ball travels. He has never been great with this, but sure would be nice to hit one once in awhile. That is one 'splash play' we haven't hit in what seems to be a long time. Any one of those change the whole game. Sheesh.

Brown should have caught the flea flicker.

86WARD
09-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Learned that antonio brown is more concerned about himself than the team?

Count Steeler
09-29-2014, 08:50 PM
Learned that antonio brown is more concerned about himself than the team?

Remember his first reaction when he didn't get the singe season receiving record last year. Then he apologized to the team. I love this guy, but he has a little bit of growing up to do.

86WARD
09-29-2014, 08:55 PM
He has a lot to do IMO. His posts on Facebook today are just me, me, me. I love the guy, but the me, me, me shit is annoying...

86WARD
09-29-2014, 08:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/K016H2A.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1eI5ST3.jpg

Great photo BTW...lol. May use that for a new signature.q

Dwinsgames
09-29-2014, 08:59 PM
sometimes the W had to come before the E instead of the M

zulater
09-30-2014, 11:36 AM
A self centered egotistical wide receiver? My God, this is startling news! Hold page one!

:heh:

fansince'76
09-30-2014, 01:17 PM
A self centered egotistical wide receiver? My God, this is starting news! Hold page one!

:heh:

AB is the LEAST of this team's worries.

Yeah, I know...this never happened under Cowher! (Never minding that Twitter didn't even exist at the time...)

zulater
09-30-2014, 03:50 PM
AB is the LEAST of this team's worries.

Yeah, I know...this never happened under Cowher! (Never minding that Twitter didn't even exist at the time...)

No of course it didn't. Unless you're talking about something innocuous like Plax spiking a live ball and waking away from it while the other team take's over possession. :heh: