PDA

View Full Version : If you don't play to win. You don't deserve to win.

Edman
09-28-2014, 03:30 PM
I'm not shocked. I'm not surprised. I'm not even upset. This is just what the Steelers do. Mike Tomlin's M.O.

We have NO fucking nerve whatsoever to be stunned, upset, or shocked. Shut up, Ben. Shut up Tomlin with that fucking look on your face. You did NOTHING to win this game. You have NO NERVE to be upset.

Defense stops TB on fourth down to get the ball back. What does Ben the Offense do? "Hey Faggot Defense! Stop them again!" Offense doesn't do shit. Legarette Blount, our "Closer" is on the sidelines. Pittsburgh did everything they could to not win this game, and OH LOOK, they lost! But watch the fools blame Dick Lebeau for this.

I don't give a fuck anymore. 2-2.

On to Jacksonville.

polamalubeast
09-28-2014, 03:31 PM
agree with this.... I'm not surprised.

steel9guy
09-28-2014, 03:33 PM
BEYOND LIVID!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO GET EMBARRASSED BY BAD TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW MANY MORE TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

st33lersguy
09-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Congratulations to the defense for making one of the worst starting QBs in the league look like Joe Montana

Godfather
09-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Plenty of blame to go around.

AB drops a touchdown pass that would have been the dagger. Offense needs one first down and can't get it. Defense gives up a game-winning drive with no timeouts. Wing makes a lousy punt when we need a good one to ice the game.

It was an across the board choke job--we had multiple chances to seal the victory and virtually everyone on the team missed an opportunity to put it away.

st33lersguy
09-28-2014, 03:35 PM
I will be livid if we go 8-8 again, get a mid-round pick and Mike Tomlin and LeBeau both get to keep their jobs

Count Steeler
09-28-2014, 03:36 PM
I wonder if Ben is glad he did not get an extension. At least his options are open next year. If Tomlin is still here, run Ben run.

vader29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf04zlExM8c

steel9guy
I will be livid if we go 8-8 again, get a mid-round pick and Mike Tomlin and LeBeau both get to keep their jobs

Welcome to 2015. They can go 6-10 and the Rooneys will not let them go.

st33lersguy
09-28-2014, 03:39 PM
The worst part about it is we will finish 9-7 or 8-8, be one win away from the playoffs, get a piddly mid-round pick and both Momlin and LeBlow will keep their jobs, along with Kevin Dilbert

tube517
09-28-2014, 03:41 PM
The sack/fumble by TB at the beginning of the game, penalties, sack before the half leading to the long FG miss by Sushi. That last offensive drive was well, offensive. Playing not to lose.

Where was the pass rush?

Draft some real CBs. These scrubs are useless.

Count Steeler
09-28-2014, 03:43 PM
If the philosophy is that the secondary is adequate because we will pressure with our front 7, then PRESSURE WITH OUR FRONT 7!!!

Mojouw
09-28-2014, 03:44 PM
So no one wants to blame the players? It is the players who got called for a facemask about a half dozen times. It is Allen that couldn't cover anyone all day. It is Ben that missed one sure TD and another deep pass. It is AB that dropped a TD on the flea flicker. It is Cody Wallace who got his ass handed to him all day long.

But yeah. Fire Tomlin, Haley, and Lebeau.

When are we all going to realize that this is a mid level team from a talent perspective. That produces mid level talent results. Look at the rosters of the two teams that played today. Really look at them and tell me (other than QB) where the Steelers roster jumps off the page as that much better than Tampa's.

Steeltreal
09-28-2014, 03:48 PM
It was the FG missed at the end of the first Half, Hello.

SteelerFanInStl
09-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Draft some real CBs. These scrubs are useless.

It still really pisses me off that we didn't even try to improve our CBs in the offseason.

ALLD
09-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Way to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

XxKnightxX
09-28-2014, 03:58 PM
So no one wants to blame the players? It is the players who got called for a facemask about a half dozen times. It is Allen that couldn't cover anyone all day. It is Ben that missed one sure TD and another deep pass. It is AB that dropped a TD on the flea flicker. It is Cody Wallace who got his ass handed to him all day long.

When are we all going to realize that this is a mid level team from a talent perspective. That produces mid level talent results. Look at the rosters of the two teams that played today. Really look at them and tell me (other than QB) where the Steelers roster jumps off the page as that much better than Tampa's.

Yeah but when the players keep pulling this shit for years, it's on the coach, you clearly cannot get a team to play competitively against inferior teams and always are on the verge of laying an egg. That's a lack of leadership and accountability. Period.

jb500ex
09-28-2014, 03:59 PM
It's funny how he bitches on this site flip flop. Be a man and stick what you feel. Oh that's right it means you're not a real fan lmfao clown punk bitches

Count Steeler
09-28-2014, 04:00 PM

But why do the players perform one week and not the next? The coaches bare some responsibility to have them prepared physically and mentally.

Edman
09-28-2014, 04:01 PM
The Steelers need ONE FIRST DOWN to ice the game.

3 and out. Go on Defense, Get us another stop.

Shoes
09-28-2014, 04:01 PM

No mention of Beachum? I believe he gave up 4 sacks and some holding calls. But this team was not prepared again and thats Tomlin's job. It's a pretty clear pattern.

X-Terminator
09-28-2014, 04:03 PM
It's funny how he bitches on this site flip flop. Be a man and stick what you feel. Oh that's right it means you're not a real fan lmfao clown punk bitches

Like anyone asked you for your clown opinion.

Go play in traffic.

steel9guy
09-28-2014, 04:03 PM
2009-Cheifs, Raiders, Browns
2012-Raiders, Titans, Browns
2013-Titans, Vikings, Raiders, Dolphins
2014-Buccaneers

Do I even need to explain these games to anyone on here?

Count Steeler
09-28-2014, 04:04 PM

Wondered how long it would take for the dregs to show up.

Shoes
09-28-2014, 04:06 PM
Like anyone asked you for your clown opinion.

Go play in traffic.

:chuckle:

X-Terminator
09-28-2014, 04:07 PM

True, but given that the team keeps making the same mistakes over and over again, that is on the coaching staff. It's the same reason why Dan Bylsma was ultimately fired even though he never missed the playoffs, won a Stanley Cup and was coming off a season where his team won their division. Mike Tomlin should not be immune to the same kind of scrutiny, nor ultimate fate if it comes to that.

Mojouw
09-28-2014, 04:08 PM
No amount of accountability and leadership from the coaching staff will correct for the fact that the players stunk today.

The CB's got beat constantly. The left side of the OL leaked like a sieve. The defensive players grabbed like 6 facemasks on the day.

The offensive gameplan appeared sound (the last drive excepted). The defense stopped the run, got some pressure (clearly not enough), but the back 4 was atrocious.

What can the coaching staff do with that? Start Guy Whimper and Mike Adams? Start BW Webb?

Steeldude
09-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Coaches are to blame just the same as players are to blame. These are not first-year coaches. If the talent isn't there then that falls on the coaches.

GBMelBlount
09-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Poor discipline.

No intestinal fortitude (except Troy).

Not the least bit surprised that we lost or how.

When the game was over I shrugged and walked away.

Oh, and hi Atlanta Dan. :drink:

Shoes
09-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Coaches are to blame just the same as players are to blame. These are not first-year coaches. If the talent isn't there then that falls on the coaches.

Exactly, even more so since there are three other coaches besides Tomlin with HC experience.

Mojouw
09-28-2014, 04:13 PM
Poor discipline.

No intestinal fortitude (except Troy).

Not the least bit surprised that we lost or how.

When the game was over I shrugged and walked away.

Troy can have all the fortitude he wants, but the next play he makes over the middle will be his first. The safety combination has been carved up several times this year.

GBMelBlount
09-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Troy can have all the fortitude he wants, but the next play he makes over the middle will be his first. The safety combination has been carved up several times this year.

Well at least we got Archer in the 3rd. :wink02:

Mojouw
09-28-2014, 04:20 PM

How the hell can that be true? Tomlin, Lebeau, Haley, Munchak, etc do not pull the trigger on draft day. Sure. They have input, but Colbert and the personnel side "buy the groceries" to borrow a phrase from Parcells. And the groceries stink.

There are ZERO playmakers in the secondary. The left side of the OL is pretty damn bad. The coaches can not make chicken salad with chicken shit - to borrow another phrase.

Look, this staff deserves a good share of blame. Where is Lance Moore - because J Brown is not very good. Why not go to Blount on the last drive? Why get Archer if you aren't going to force feed him the ball? Why no Shamarko Thomas since no one else is doing any good? These are legitimate questions that if the coaching staff does not provide answers for, then maybe they do deserve to go.

But, I will ask again, look at this roster and tell me how you see a better than 8-8 or 9-7 team? This is not a very good roster. I hate to say it, but it isn't.

Based on the talent on the roster, the coaches are getting about what we should expect for results - at least season record wise. A great coach could maybe squeeze 10-6 out of this team. Maybe.

dislocatedday
09-28-2014, 04:21 PM
The CB's got beat constantly. The left side of the OL leaked like a sieve. The defensive players grabbed like 6 facemasks on the day.

The offensive gameplan appeared sound (the last drive excepted). The defense stopped the run, got some pressure (clearly not enough), but the back 4 was atrocious.

What can the coaching staff do with that? Start Guy Whimper and Mike Adams? Start BW Webb?

You did a good job of pointing out the two real weaknesses I saw today:

1) The secondary across the board is just not very talented (w/ Cortez getting special mention for playing extremely atrocious..) and it shows on the field as other teams are able to exploit it with regularity.

2) The left side of the line was owned today. Pouncey and DeCastro are true studs, with Gilbert playing much better the last two weeks. Beachum and Wallace struggled today.

I do blame the coaching staff for the weak call on 3rd and 5 on the Steelers last offensive possession. They could have sealed the game right there, and instead they laid down and put the game in the hands of the punter and defense.

stillers4me
09-28-2014, 04:34 PM
This was a complete team loss...from the coaches right down to the water boys. We have water boys, don't we?

When sushi missed that FG, I said, Gee I hope that doesn't bite us later. :alcoholic:

I'm not going to bother with Twitter Quick Hits thread today.....as you can imagine what they are anyway.

although this is my favorite..... 516323523451965441

Edman
09-28-2014, 04:49 PM
The Steelers decided to trust their Defense?

Sure. Whatever excuse you can pull out for Ben's inability to get even a single first down when we needed one.

stillers4me
09-28-2014, 04:51 PM
:chuckle: for once, I think we are all in the same room with snoop...

fansince'76
09-28-2014, 04:51 PM

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Troll_zpsd847c60a.jpg

fansince'76
09-28-2014, 04:59 PM
Wondered how long it would take for the dregs to show up.

Still waiting for muncher's grand reappearance to point out how losses like this never happened under Cowher (even though they frequently did)...

stillers4me
09-28-2014, 05:22 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vbNH_58qXIw/TkycUbhiOUI/AAAAAAAAPrQ/48oOfj0J23A/s1600/troll+spray.jpg

Can someone please explain to me why I haven't lowered the Banhammer on this one yet?

X-Terminator
09-28-2014, 05:25 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vbNH_58qXIw/TkycUbhiOUI/AAAAAAAAPrQ/48oOfj0J23A/s1600/troll+spray.jpg

Can someone please explain to me why I haven't lowered the Banhammer on this one yet?

I dunno, I like repeatedly cyber-whacking that dope upside his slanted head. At some point though, the act will get tired.

Count Steeler
09-28-2014, 05:26 PM
I was hoping one of them would pop my user ban cherry.

SteelerFanInStl
09-28-2014, 05:27 PM

Spray it. I'm tired of his act.

X-Terminator
09-28-2014, 05:28 PM
Don't get me wrong, if it's decided that we need to end him, you'll get no objection from me.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/8G0bTM1cC_U/hqdefault.jpg

fansince'76
09-28-2014, 05:29 PM

Sure. Whatever excuse you can pull out for Ben's inability to get even a single first down when we needed one.

So, you're blaming Ben for that shit call of a run play on 3rd-and-5 where Bell wound up losing 2 yards? OK.

Personally, I am over Haleyball. Completely.

dislocatedday
09-28-2014, 05:40 PM

I don't see how Ben can be faulted for his performance today........he had over 300 yards, just under 75% completion of his throws, 3 TDs, and no interceptions. I can only recount one throw where he missed (..the late one to Antonio down the left sideline....and even then Ben was kind of hurried on that throw).

Ben was sharp today, and I don't see how that can even be debated. I'm pretty sure the lame playcalling on the last offensive series was not his doing. He would never have called that delayed draw on 3rd and 5.

fansince'76
09-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Spray it. I'm tired of his act.

I think he's fun to point and laugh at. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
09-28-2014, 05:44 PM
I don't see how Ben can be faulted for his performance today........he had over 300 yards, just under 75% completion of his throws, 3 TDs, and no interceptions. I can only recount one throw where he missed (..the late one to Antonio down the left sideline....and even then Ben was kind of hurried on that throw).

Ben was sharp today, and I don't see how that can even be debated. I'm pretty sure the lame playcalling on the last offensive series was not his doing. He would never have called that delayed draw on 3rd and 5.

Edman hates Ben, so any time he slips up even a little bit - even when it isn't his fault - he will bash him.

tube517
09-28-2014, 05:49 PM
:chuckle: for once, I think we are all in the same room with snoop...

Snoop don't play when it comes to the Steelers. I mean, he'd probably hang out with LeBackfield in a minute........er, never mind.

fansince'76
09-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Snoop don't play when it comes to the Steelers. I mean, he'd probably hang out with LeBackfield in a minute........er, never mind.

Poop Dogg needs to take a couple of rips off the bong and chill out. :chuckle:

dislocatedday
09-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Edman hates Ben, so any time he slips up even a little bit - even when it isn't his fault - he will bash him.

I just sometimes wonder how many fans on Steelers message boards actually were Steelers fans "pre-Ben". Everyone becomes a fan at some point in their life, so I am not looking down on anybody that came to the Steelers in the last decade, or claiming I am superior because I have followed the team for almost 40 years since I was a little kid.................but I think many just do not remember or have no knowledge of the QBs that the Steelers trotted out on the field for the 20 years between Terry and Ben.......for God's sake, there was a time when Kent Graham and Jim Miller were the starting QBs for this franchise. If the Steelers teams in the 90s had a QB the caliber of Ben they would have likely won a couple Super Bowls. The lack of a "franchise" QB cost this team in the playoffs for the better part of a decade.

I am biased when it comes to Ben, because I do think this team and us as fans are lucky to have him behind center. Is he perfect 100% of the time on the field...no...but he has proven himself over and over as one of the best in the game during the last decade.

Godfather
09-28-2014, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure they did the wrong thing on the last offensive possession. If we let them march down the field with no timeouts, less than a minute on the clock, and needing a TD, we deserve to lose.

ALLD
09-28-2014, 07:38 PM
Coach Noll made that same play call, but he had Mel Bount, Jack Lambert and did not even let Bobby Walden punt. Steelers won the Super Bowl on a dominating defense. The 2014 Steelers are not dominating on any team consistently and have a shell of a defense.

Steelermania
09-28-2014, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure they did the wrong thing on the last offensive possession. If we let them march down the field with no timeouts, less than a minute on the clock, and needing a TD, we deserve to lose.

Pouncy's penalty was really the dagger here. Of course if Wing does his job, TB probably doesn't have enough time to go 60 yards. Of course again, how does the D allow a 40 yard play with less than half a minute to go? 28 is atrocious, and Mitchell really makes me appreciate what a steal the original signing of Ryan Clark was. I wonder if the rules changes have made the Lebeau defense ineffective. Basically, Lebeau's philosophy was to avoid the big play, and make teams have to execute 12-14 play drives in order to score. Ryan Clark, and James Harrison would punish runners, and receivers who caught the ball. After a half or so of this, players started hearing footsteps, and no longer wanted the ball. Hard to do a 12 play drive when you're getting pounded like that. Can't do that anymore. The flags will fly.

Also, on the last kickoff, Archer should have brought it out. Sure it's a prayer, but kicks do get run back several times during the NFL season. I don't think the Cal-Stanford play has worked since Cal did it 32 years ago.

Had the Steelers taken care of business today, it would have been their 11th win in their last 16 games, equal to a full season. 11-5 is nearly always an acceptable record in a 16 game season, and might have really indicated the team was on an upswing. Alas......

fansince'76
09-28-2014, 09:32 PM

I do wish Ben would just start saying "fuck it" and overruling Haley on the field, for example on the absolutely brain-dead call for a draw on 3rd-and-5 when all they needed was a first down to ice the game.

fansince'76
09-28-2014, 09:39 PM

Well, considering that the Bucs marched right down the field to the tune of 80+ yards for a FG on their previous possession (and the only reason they didn't score a TD on that drive was due to a misfire by Glennon on 3rd down), I'd say getting a first down to kill the clock was paramount. Enter the idiotic draw play on 3rd-and-5 that lost two yards and Wing's shanked punt and you wind up with that disaster of an ending we got today.

Steelermania
09-28-2014, 09:56 PM
Well, considering that the Bucs marched right down the field to the tune of 80+ yards for a FG on their previous possession (and the only reason they didn't score a TD on that drive was due to a misfire by Glennon on 3rd down), I'd say getting a first down to kill the clock was paramount. Enter the idiotic draw play on 3rd-and-5 that lost two yards and Wing's shanked punt and you wind up with that disaster of an ending we got today.

Again, if Pouncy doesn't cost us 5 yards, the second down play would have moved the sticks. That penalty just killed us.