PDA

View Full Version : The Curious Case of Lance Moore (something just doesn’t add up)

stillers4me
09-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Lance Moore was one of the better receivers during the spring and summer for the Steelers.

Maybe even better than Antonio Brown?

Moore’s veteran leadership was lauded (and needed) by a young and relatively inexperienced wide receiver unit that lost Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery.

That’s one reason the Steelers jumped on Moore and signed him to a two-year, $3 million free agent deal in the offseason.

Fast forward a couple of month, add in a sore groin and Moore is squarely in the doghouse of Mike Tomlin, Todd Haley, or both.
If he’s not in that proverbial doghouse, it sure seems that way, doesn’t it?..........

Read more: http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2014/09/27/kaboly-the-curious-case-of-lance-moore-something-just-doesnt-add-up/#ixzz3EXGNdexz (http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2014/09/27/kaboly-the-curious-case-of-lance-moore-something-just-doesnt-add-up/#ixzz3EXGNdexz)

Dwinsgames
09-27-2014, 12:00 PM
it is an odd series of events ...

I thought he would be a contributor last week ( finally getting to dress ) but if memory serves he seen 2 snaps , no targets ....

Shoes
09-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Lets hope he gets in there and makes a difference this weekend.

GBMelBlount
09-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Less is Moore.

Our passing game seems like it is starting to click without him.

tube517
09-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Fire Richard Mann! :chuckle:

86WARD
09-27-2014, 04:13 PM
There's no way he's worse than Justin Brown...no way at all and the pass game could only be better with him in it over Brown.

X-Terminator
09-27-2014, 04:31 PM
Less is Moore.

Our passing game seems like it is starting to click without him.

It would be even better with him. He could legitimately take some heat off Brown and do wonders for Markus Wheaton. Same role he played in NO with Colston/Graham. I have no idea why he's not playing, and if it's the coaches' decision, then it's yet another in a long list of questionable decisions by Tomlin and Haley.

Psycho Ward 86
09-27-2014, 04:32 PM
didnt a lot of people suggest it was only because we were running the ball so well and justin brown is a much better blocker than lance moore? sounds like a viable explanation.

86WARD
09-27-2014, 04:36 PM
i doubt that hes that much a better blocker than Moore. You'd eliminate Moore's receiving skills for a guy that is a little better blocker?

Psycho Ward 86
09-27-2014, 05:05 PM
i doubt that hes that much a better blocker than Moore. You'd eliminate Moore's receiving skills for a guy that is a little better blocker?

No, but i would kind of sort of understand if that was the intention during the panthers game. Plus ive always heard that groins are one of the easiest areas of your body to reinjure. Perhaps thats what the coaches meant by him working back into rotation? Im just trying to look at this from other angles

Craic
09-27-2014, 05:58 PM
didnt a lot of people suggest it was only because we were running the ball so well and justin brown is a much better blocker than lance moore? sounds like a viable explanation.

No, but i would kind of sort of understand if that was the intention during the panthers game. Plus ive always heard that groins are one of the easiest areas of your body to reinjure. Perhaps thats what the coaches meant by him working back into rotation? Im just trying to look at this from other angles

This and this. I think you nail it here.

What's the sense of putting in a receiver that's just coming off injury when our running game was beginning to hit on all cylinders.

slashsteel
09-27-2014, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him against a team the Steelers feel they need to score points and quickly.

One could argue that is every game.

But as was mentioned injury and being less of a blocker I am sure contributed.

But moving forward you have a healthy motivated slot option...........