PDA

View Full Version : Message in a Throttle: DeCastro's demeanor drives Steelers ground game

stillers4me
09-27-2014, 09:18 AM
The Steelers are among the most-penalized teams in the NFL, and coach Mike Tomlin has been on his players about their mistakes. But coaches understand sometimes there are good penalties, and the one right guard David DeCastro committed with 33 seconds remaining before halftime Sunday night against Carolina still has his teammates talking.

After Carolina linebacker Luke Kuechly tried to rip the ball from receiver Justin Brown’s arms after he was tackled, DeCastro shoved the reigning NFL defensive player of the year to the turf. He was penalized for unnecessary roughness, but he sent a message to Kuechly and the Panthers that the Steelers were not going to be intimidated.

“I loved it,” right tackle Marcus Gilbert said. “That’s the type of demeanor we have to bring to the field. He was trying to get a little dirty, and Dave went in there and stuck up for his teammate. Those are the types of guys we have on this team. We encourage that.”..........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/09/26/Message-in-a-Throttle-DeCastro-s-play-propels-Steelers-ground-game/stories/201409270070

fansince'76
09-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Kuechly should have been flagged for delay of game.

GBMelBlount
09-27-2014, 10:51 AM
“I loved it, that’s the type of demeanor we have to bring to the field" right tackle Marcus Gilbert said

as he raised his right pinky and sipped his Chardonnay.

fixed it. :wink02: