PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger: "We Did A Nice Job Of Redeeming Ourselves"

polamalubeast
09-23-2014, 06:23 PM
PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan)-Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger joined The Cook and Poni Show on Sportsradio 93.7 The Fan for the #1 Cochran Ben Roethlisberger Show which airs every Tuesday morning at 11 a.m. during the Steelers season.
Roethlisberger told the guys how everything feels better this week after a very impressive performance this past Sunday night in a 37-19 win over the Carolina Panthers to improve to (2-1) on the season.
“The film yesterday, the meetings yesterday, everything is a little better after a win like that,” Roethlisberger said.
Roethlisberger said he talked to the team before the Baltimore Ravens game last Thursday talking about how the worlds eyes would all be on that game and how they had a chance to put on a show before the national audience but that resulted in an embarrassing loss but he told the team they had a chance to erase that this past week again on the national stage.
“I told them that we have an opportunity to play Sunday night with everyone watching to redeem ourselves,” Roethlisberger said. “I thought we did a good job of going out and redeeming ourselves on national TV.”
They did for sure and it was mostly done with an impressive ground attack that saw both running backs Le’Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount rush for over 100 yards.
The biggest was an 81-yard-run from Bell and a 50 yd run from Blount both setting up short touchdowns.
Roethlisberger said they saw on film that the Panthers would take away the deep throws so they were going to have to run the ball and hit them with short throws.
“We knew going in that is what we were going to get and we had to take advantage of that,” Roethlisberger added. “We ran the ball better than we had in probably 20-some years.”
Bell finished the game with 147 yards on 21 carries while Blount added 118 yards on just 10 carries.
“You got to see exactly I think what the off season hope was with these two guys,” Roethlisberger said. “These two are the two headed monster and the third guy hopefully getting back Dri Archer this week will even add another and different element to the run game.”

read more

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/09/23/ben-roethlisberger-we-did-a-nice-job-of-redeeming-ourselves/

Count Steeler
09-23-2014, 06:50 PM
Haven't redeemed anything yet. One win a season does not make. Get back to work and play with intensity each and every game, regardless of the stage and regardless of the opponent.

I love you Ben, but way too early to talk about redemption. Yes, it was a good game. A win always helps, but there is a lot of work left to do.

fansince'76
09-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Haven't redeemed anything yet. One win a season does not make. Get back to work and play with intensity each and every game, regardless of the stage and regardless of the opponent.

I love you Ben, but way too early to talk about redemption. Yes, it was a good game. A win always helps, but there is a lot of work left to do.

Exactly. I hope they don't get satisfied with themselves after the Carolina game only to shit themselves at home against Tampa. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Edman
09-23-2014, 08:38 PM
They didn't really "redeem" themselves. They just rebounded.

This team isn't even close to redemption until they make the playoffs.

And shitting the bed vs Tampa Bay (Very likely to happen), will completely undo whatever progress they made against the Panthers.

SteelerFanInStl
09-23-2014, 08:44 PM
They didn't really "redeem" themselves. They just rebounded.

This team isn't even close to redemption until they make the playoffs.

And shitting the bed vs Tampa Bay (Very likely to happen), will completely undo whatever progress they made against the Panthers.

Bingo!

st33lersguy
09-23-2014, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSr-VWc_7WQ

LOL

X-Terminator
09-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Did you guys actually read the article, or listen to his show? Ben said they redeemed themselves after their awful game against the Ravens. And they did, whether you want to admit it or not. He said NOTHING about redeeming anything beyond that.

Again, I get the "one game at a time" thing, but come on now. You are reading WAY too much into what he said.

Psycho Ward 86
09-24-2014, 02:12 AM
Exactly. I hope they don't get satisfied with themselves after the Carolina game only to shit themselves at home against Tampa. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

the fucking raiders games the past 2 years smh....

GBMelBlount
09-24-2014, 02:22 AM
Fansince76

Any given Sunday.

86WARD
09-24-2014, 09:02 AM
With the way the schedule is, they should be able to snowball some momentum and get a few wins while working out the kinks.

Hawkman
09-24-2014, 09:10 AM
Did you guys actually read the article, or listen to his show? Ben said they redeemed themselves after their awful game against the Ravens. And they did, whether you want to admit it or not. He said NOTHING about redeeming anything beyond that.

Again, I get the "one game at a time" thing, but come on now. You are reading WAY too much into what he said.

EXACTLY!!

Edman
09-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Redeemed yourselves, huh?

I wonder what number 7 has to say now?

fansince'76
09-28-2014, 05:17 PM

Like I said...