PDA

View Full Version : Jarvis Jones on IR designated to return

stillers4me
09-22-2014, 04:25 PM
I guess this means Ike is done for the season?

Steelerette
09-22-2014, 04:28 PM
Get well soon, Jarvis. He took a bit of heat this preseason for not being "bigger" but he sure showed himself to be stronger and more polished... and he was starting to do some real nice things on the field. It's a shame to cut it short, and I'm looking forward to his return.

Dwinsgames
09-22-2014, 04:30 PM
I guess this means Ike is done for the season?

My guess is Ike is done period ...

nearly impossible for a guy his age that was already declining in play to miss a season and return worthy of a roster spot ...

Thanks for the Memories Ike , its time to get on with your lifes work

Psycho Ward 86
09-22-2014, 04:31 PM
oh boy. well at least its not season ending, and thankfully we have a capable back up.

that only intensifies my worries about the cornerbacks though. cortez needs to step it up NOW.

Steelerette
09-22-2014, 04:33 PM
So what are our options here.

-Get Harrison to un-retire
-Call up Howard Jones
-Use Zumwalt
-Sign Vic So'oto
-Poach someone's practice squad
-Sign a journeyman
-Nothing
-Something else

tube517
09-22-2014, 04:38 PM

-Call up Howard Jones
-Use Zumwalt
-Sign Vic So'oto
-Sign a journeyman
-Nothing
-Something else

Zumwalt's on IR

katmandu
09-22-2014, 04:41 PM

-Call up Howard Jones
-Sign Vic So'oto
Yes and Yes.

I believe Ike has played his last game as well. I love Ike and his extreme work ethics but this injury "MAY" be too much to overcome. Like I said before, I hope he proves me wrong.

Steelerette
09-22-2014, 04:41 PM
Ah didn't realize.

I thought Howard Jones should have made the team. If we call up Howard Jones from the practice squad, that opens up a practice squad spot for Morgan Breslin perhaps.

Dwinsgames
09-22-2014, 04:42 PM
if poaching a practice squad ... I poach our biggest rivals and go after John Simon .

I liked Simon coming into last years draft he has some tools that could work well at OLB in the 34 IMO ...

otherwise Vic So'oto would be the smart move , knows the system ( to some extent ) and has more exp than HoJo

katmandu
09-22-2014, 04:44 PM
if poaching a practice squad ... Is there a central listing for Team's Practice squads On-line anywhere ?

Count Steeler
09-22-2014, 04:45 PM
At least Tomlin gave him his good bye kiss.

May inspire the rest of the team to win it for Ike.

steelreserve
09-22-2014, 04:45 PM

-Call up Howard Jones
-Use Zumwalt
-Sign Vic So'oto
-Sign a journeyman
-Nothing
-Something else

We could always just make Porter a player/coach.

Not really.

But actually if anyone else gets hurt, that might be one of our better options. Yes, that's scary.

Dwinsgames
09-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Is there a central listing for Team's Practice squads On-line anywhere ?

not that I am aware ...

nfl.com go to team site and one by one go through them

Godfather
09-22-2014, 06:11 PM
I hate to see Ike's career end that way.

GBMelBlount
09-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the memories Ike.

Especially that one interception you forgot to drop 6 or 7 years ago.

Seriously though, Ike was a shutdown corner in his prime and I consider him a great Steeler.

Iron Steeler
09-22-2014, 06:25 PM
Sean spence time !

st33lersguy
09-22-2014, 06:37 PM
Most complete game and the injury bug comes and dampens it a little

jb500ex
09-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Get well soon, Jarvis. He took a bit of heat this preseason for not being "bigger" but he sure showed himself to be stronger and more polished... and he was starting to do some real nice things on the field. It's a shame to cut it short, and I'm looking forward to his return.
If getting blown up 90% of his plays is doing nice things you have low expectations. He's still a bad player and the steelers will be better with him gone. The ink on Harrison's contract should be dry soon

one side only
09-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Is there a central listing for Team's Practice squads On-line anywhere ?

Here is a link to PFT's tracker, but there have been a few signings since this was published.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/31/2014-nfl-practice-squad-tracker/

fansince'76
09-22-2014, 08:01 PM
If getting blown up 90% of his plays is doing nice things you have low expectations. He's still a bad player and the steelers will be better with him gone. The ink on Harrison's contract should be dry soon

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Troll_zpsd847c60a.jpg

Hell, I figured a win like last night's would shut you up for at least the next week. Wishful thinking, I guess...

Mojouw
09-22-2014, 08:09 PM

While I am far from a Jarvis Jones cheerleader, he at least had the chance to improve. Prior to his injury against Carolina, he had actually made some real pass rush moves on an actual NFL tackle. I, for one, was floored.

Harrison is either just about done or already has the fork in his back.

But at least now we will all get to see the comparison between Jones, Moats, and Harrison. Although I suspect some of us will still see what we want to see.

fansince'76
09-22-2014, 08:21 PM
But at least now we will all get to see the comparison between Jones, Moats, and Harrison. Although I suspect some of us will still see what we want to see.

And according to the clown, a LB that's at least 3 years past his sell by date is going to be a huge upgrade over Jones. He'll also tell you Timmons is a huge bust too. Just ask him.

X-Terminator
09-22-2014, 08:54 PM
While I am far from a Jarvis Jones cheerleader, he at least had the chance to improve. Prior to his injury against Carolina, he had actually made some real pass rush moves on an actual NFL tackle. I, for one, was floored.

Harrison is either just about done or already has the fork in his back.

Guy's a trolling idiot, Mojouw. Best to ignore him.

pepsyman1
09-22-2014, 10:48 PM

If I give you a dollar will you go away? Friggin trolls need to get a life instead of talking crap about teams they don't like. That's your past time??? How sad can you get?

Dwinsgames
09-22-2014, 11:05 PM
The ink on Harrison's contract should be dry soon

hey everyone look ... even the blind squirrel can find an occasional nut

and to make this an even brighter day this 1 trick pony just completed his trick , so the show should be over soon enough

Mojouw
09-22-2014, 11:29 PM
Guy's a trolling idiot, Mojouw. Best to ignore him.

You are, of course, correct. My tolerance for lack of logic and facts must just be set too low. Darn guy gets me every time.

tube517
09-23-2014, 09:50 AM
http://i.instagram.com/p/tSZ2WqCj0j/

Gm!! I appreciate all my supporters and pray that my teammates and myself have a speedy but healthy recovery.. #SteelerNation#HereWeGo#FaithB4Fame��

jb500ex
09-23-2014, 12:22 PM
If I give you a dollar will you go away? Friggin trolls need to get a life instead of talking crap about teams they don't like. That's your past time??? How sad can you get?
Amazing how clueless most of you are. I wouldn't and to take your entire check but would gladly throw up some big money against all you. So let's go boys let's see who the steeler fans are and let's see who's right more often. So what do you say ?

steelreserve
09-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Amazing how clueless most of you are. I wouldn't and to take your entire check but would gladly throw up some big money against all you. So let's go boys let's see who the steeler fans are and let's see who's right more often. So what do you say ?

Hey! That's great. Guess what, here's a video of some guy's apartment after his dog took a shit on the floor and his Roomba vacuum ran over it and dragged it around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbOqsp3oUQI

Hawkman
09-23-2014, 12:43 PM

I say..... the admins are really tolerant of your ass! I would have thrown you out long ago.

Mojouw
09-23-2014, 12:47 PM
How about this instead of talking about "big money" and whatever other jibber-jabber you want to bring; act like a gentleman or at least a grown ass man.

Make a bet simply for the sake of your pride and the confidence you have in your opinions.

Harrison should get a run of games from Week 4-12 (about 8 games until Jones can return) to make an impact. Since sacks and pressures are the easiest and most readily available way to measure the impact a rush linebacker is having on the game - let's all do an over/under on sacks.

I will set it at 5 sacks. Gives Harrison a bit of time to get his game legs back and then puts him on about a sack per game pace. Ambitious, but possible. It was the standard I would have held Jones to. So I will take the under.

What do you got?

We could do an over/under on the amount of snaps Harrison even sees the field. I would have to turn to some of the more experienced folks here to come up with a reasonable number for a rotational defensive player. But I would be willing to bet that Moats gets over 75% of the snaps.

Or we could simply continue to lob immature insults and wild speculation about performance and which linebackers are better. Basically, I think we are all saying either come correct or don't come at all.

X-Terminator
09-23-2014, 12:48 PM
I say..... the admins are really tolerant of your ass! I would have thrown you out long ago.

Eh, we keep him around so we can play "point and laugh at the moron." Besides, if you ever sit around and think your life sucks, just remember...you could be him. And then you'll feel better.

SteelerFanInStl
09-23-2014, 06:31 PM

You have 130 posts on this forum. Almost all of them are derogatory and inflammatory. It's the only reason why anyone on this board knows who you are.

The rest of us come to this board to discuss the Steelers and the NFL in an adult manner. What's your reason for being here?

fansince'76
09-23-2014, 07:57 PM

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Troll_zpsd847c60a.jpg

fansince'76
09-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Eh, we keep him around so we can play "point and laugh at the moron." Besides, if you ever sit around and think your life sucks, just remember...you could be him. And then you'll feel better.

My troll doll pic is getting a workout! :chuckle: