PDA

View Full Version : Week 4:Tampa Bay Buccaneers(0-3)

polamalubeast
09-22-2014, 03:37 PM
The Steelers have a very good chance to be 4-1 after the games against the bucs and jaguars.The steelers need to take advantage of it.....I do not think the Steelers will make the playoffs if they not win both games

I think the Steelers will win this game 31-14

Your prediction for this game?

Psycho Ward 86
09-22-2014, 04:50 PM
31-20. i think the cornerbacks will be tested and our excitement about our defense will be tempered significantly after this one. i think we can keep the offensive fireworks going though.

Its just too hard to tell where this team is though.

Steelerette
09-22-2014, 04:51 PM
26 - 26. Tie game.

Dwinsgames
09-22-2014, 04:57 PM
these games scare the shit out of me ... we always play down to the level of comp ( as said and witnessed by many ) and we lose more than our fair share of these games letting bad teams hang around to beat you at the end

HollywoodSteel
09-22-2014, 05:03 PM
We should be able to outscore them by a wide margin with all the weapons we have and by utilizing the no huddle at home but…

Okay, I hate to start a Haley bashing thread (who am I kidding? I don't really mind it) but honestly I really thought he did everything he could to lose that game and was thwarted by some great individual effort (especially by our RBs). That delayed handoff he loves to call (back to back even!) is so frustrating because it seems that Bell hits a wall every time. It's just that last night he pushed through or made a guy miss here and there to make those positive plays. And it seemed like he was petrified of any pass play over a yard and he is for some reason allergic to play action. We have a run game now. You've established it. You can go play action on the first play of the next game and it will work.

Now that that's off my chest, we win, but we make it far more interesting than it has to be by getting some FGs when we should get TDs. 26-23 us.

tube517
09-22-2014, 05:30 PM
They will make Josh McCown look like Joe Montana. Bank on it.

polamalubeast
09-22-2014, 05:31 PM
They will make Josh McCown look like Joe Montana. Bank on it.

McCown is out for this game

tube517
09-22-2014, 05:34 PM

Well, whoever is at QB. He will have a career day.

HollywoodSteel
09-22-2014, 05:35 PM

Then they'll make that kid that McCown beat out for the starting job look like Joe Montana. Even worse.

st33lersguy
09-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Steelers win 23-20. We just saw our team played inspired football after getting humiliated on Thursday night. Tampa will follow our lead while we play flat coming off our emotional win. I still say we win because Tampa will find a way to lose, I see Ben making some plays in the clutch, and the fact that we are at home

HollywoodSteel
09-22-2014, 05:49 PM
In theory this should be the easiest game on our schedule except…

Our injuries. Their players coming back from injuries (Doug Martin, Gerald McCoy). Teams that get embarrassed like the Bucs did last week tend to come back with a win the following week. They will play the young guy at QB which will breath new energy into the team, and if so I don't like how our CBs match up against Jackson and Evans (this has the makings of a breakout game for Evans). They are looking at 0-4 if they lose, and as bad as they looked against Atlanta I don't think the Bucs are really what an 0-4 team looks like. They are coming off a Thursday night game so it's almost like coming off a bye week (both teams coming off the Thursday night game the week before won this week - us and Ravens, although they should have lost). We are coming off a short week (okay, this it might be a stretch to say that a Sunday night game = short week).

Plus we are awesome at stacking wins early in the season and we never play down to a bad opponent… or is it the opposite of that?

Still, I have to predict a Steelers win. Not changing my prediction.

ALLD
09-22-2014, 06:25 PM
We run some new plays to keep Ben upright. Running game gallops for back-to-back dual 100- yard runners, but Bell also gets 100+ in the air.
Steelers 35
Bucs 16

Psycho Ward 86
09-22-2014, 08:21 PM
We should be able to outscore them by a wide margin with all the weapons we have and by utilizing the no huddle at home but…

Okay, I hate to start a Haley bashing thread (who am I kidding? I don't really mind it) but honestly I really thought he did everything he could to lose that game and was thwarted by some great individual effort (especially by our RBs). That delayed handoff he loves to call (back to back even!) is so frustrating because it seems that Bell hits a wall every time. It's just that last night he pushed through or made a guy miss here and there to make those positive plays. And it seemed like he was petrified of any pass play over a yard and he is for some reason allergic to play action. We have a run game now. You've established it. You can go play action on the first play of the next game and it will work.

Now that that's off my chest, we win, but we make it far more interesting than it has to be by getting some FGs when we should get TDs. 26-23 us.

if i had to complain about one thing in the panthers game, i agree completely. ben used to be one of the deadliest QB's with the play action pass back when we were able to run the ball

GBMelBlount
09-22-2014, 08:36 PM
these games scare the shit out of me ...

Me too.

one side only
09-22-2014, 09:18 PM
Bucs worked out Terrelle Pryor today.

Count Steeler
09-22-2014, 09:31 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Steelers have come together. I think the penalty on DeCastro shows that the O Line is starting to get nasty and they are starting to play with an attitude. Kind of reminded me about Colon when he carpet rubbed Burfect and the O Line gelled.

Steelers 34 Bucs 13. Hopefully, Ben is on the bench with about 8 minutes left in the 4th.

X-Terminator
09-22-2014, 09:43 PM
Steelers win 21-20.

They won't blow this team out like they should.

Edman
09-23-2014, 05:51 AM
Steelers win 20-19 on a late second FG.

It's another one of "those" games. Steelers D makes Tampa's QB look amazing.

Shoes
09-23-2014, 11:15 AM
This homer says 37-17 Steelers. Speaking of homers, where's my brother GB? :chuckle:

tube517
09-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Steelers in OT, 27-24.

Deebo has 92 sacks and 40 forced fumbles and 1 pick 6 for his buddy, Ike.

Lambert_Loonie
09-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Steelers win 20-16. 1st half will be ugly. Bucs take a 10-7 lead into the half. Steelers get the lead with 5 minutes to go and keep it for good when Tampa has a penalty ridden last drive.

Psycho Ward 86
09-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Steelers in OT, 27-24.

Deebo has 92 sacks and 40 forced fumbles and 1 pick 6 for his buddy, Ike.

if he really wanted to honor Ike he would drop that pick

tube517
09-23-2014, 01:18 PM
if he really wanted to honor Ike he would drop that pick and get a flag on the same play

Fixed :chuckle:

steel striker
09-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Yeah it always seems we lose to teams we should beat with ease or it is way too close for comfort. I hope we are ready to play on Sunday.