PDA

View Full Version : Ike's Broken Arm pic..... Warning! GRAPHIC!

katmandu
09-22-2014, 09:25 AM
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5552/15134668827_6663efd6ae_s.jpg http://s29.postimg.org/6qe23xbyv/IKE.jpg

steelreserve
09-22-2014, 12:39 PM
Nice tackle, Timmons.

Edman
09-22-2014, 12:44 PM
At first, I didn't see what the big deal was, until I remembered anatomy and that there is not another joint in the forearm.

Geez. Looks like one of my bad life drawings.

ALLD
09-22-2014, 03:40 PM
I bet that thing is swollen like a balloon today.

stillers4me
09-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Makes me sad for him. Ike has a heart as big as Heinz Field. He wanted to play one more year so badly.

one side only
09-23-2014, 03:05 PM
I'd like to hear someone explain the logic behind keeping Ike on the roster, and puting J. Jones on IR / Designated to Return. Seems like Ike will need more time than Jones to recover. Loyalty is a fine thing, but I'd rather see 53 healthy bodies on the roster.

The Bark
09-23-2014, 03:36 PM
I actually noticed this just after the play was over and the camera went back to him on the ground. He raised his arm and I could literally see where it was bent and muttered to myself "wow, that's broken." The angle from the camera at the moment was from the sideline. I was surprised neither of the announcers noticed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR0P3LArEa8

steelreserve
09-23-2014, 03:51 PM
I'd like to hear someone explain the logic behind keeping Ike on the roster, and puting J. Jones on IR / Designated to Return. Seems like Ike will need more time than Jones to recover. Loyalty is a fine thing, but I'd rather see 53 healthy bodies on the roster.

A dislocation is actually worse than a plain broken bone most of the time, because usually that means you've also messed up the ligaments (otherwise the bone wouldn't come out of the joint). If it needs surgery, that's an automatic 6-8 weeks. A broken arm can heal in 4 weeks if you're lucky. I stress "if you're lucky," of course; it could also take a lot longer.

My guess is that they didn't put Ike on the half-season IR is because it's less certain what his outlook is ... if they used the mid-season IR on him and then it turns out he won't recover for 6 months, it would be a waste. Or on the outside chance that he comes back in 4 weeks and plays with a cast, then good news for us. But no telling what will happen until you have a couple weeks to wait and see. With Jones it seemed pretty definite - 8 weeks is about what you can expect, so that fit perfectly.

It's also hard to tell what exactly is going on just by whether a broken bone "looks bad." Yeah, it always looks bad when someone's arm is bending the way it's not supposed to. But short of a bone sticking out of your jeans, it's hard to say whether it's more or less severe than it "looks" on TV.

CapLovesTroyP43
09-23-2014, 09:08 PM
OUCH! I had a broken bone just below my rotator cuff last December and I KNOW the pain that man is feeling. Hope he has a speedy recovery because it taint no fun.