PDA

View Full Version : Todd Haley missed Flight to Baltimore last Wednesday

MrPgh
09-18-2014, 08:31 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/18/todd-haley-missed-steelers-flight-to-baltimore-last-week/

This team is special.

polamalubeast
09-18-2014, 08:33 PM
I think than the entire offense miss the flight in Baltimore

vader29
09-18-2014, 08:38 PM
It happens, smoke some weed, miss your flight.

Shoes
09-18-2014, 08:40 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/18/todd-haley-missed-steelers-flight-to-baltimore-last-week/

This team is special.

…….and very disciplined.

fansince'76
09-18-2014, 08:45 PM
:doh:

Godfather
09-18-2014, 09:07 PM
He needs to miss the flight home after our next game.

Jaucer
09-18-2014, 09:07 PM
See this is the shoddy reporting that comes out every day with the so called journalist. They only want to garner attention with a wow factor instead of reporting the news. Maybe he got caught in traffic to due an accident or something. The story doesn't even try to discern why he missed the plane. They just try to make it out as he is undisciplined or doesn't really care about his responsibilities to the team. Doesn't try to check if he called Tomlin and said hey I'm running late or I'm stuck in traffic, I won't make the plane, I'll catch a later flight and be there in time for team meetings.

Shoes
09-18-2014, 09:11 PM
See this is the shoddy reporting that comes out every day with the so called journalist. They only want to garner attention with a wow factor instead of reporting the news. Maybe he got caught in traffic to due an accident or something. The story doesn't even try to discern why he missed the plane. They just try to make it out as he is undisciplined or doesn't really care about his responsibilities to the team. Doesn't try to check if he called Tomlin and said hey I'm running late or I'm stuck in traffic, I won't make the plane, I'll catch a later flight and be there in time for team meetings.

He could have been in the car with Bell & Blount too. :chuckle:

stillers4me
09-18-2014, 09:43 PM
he got stuck in traffic. http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/09/report-steelers-oc-todd-haley-missed-team-flight-baltimore-last-wednesday/

Craic
09-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Talk about much ado about nothing . . . He gets stuck in heavy traffic, calls ahead, tells the others that he's not going to be able to make it on time, and still arrives in Baltimore before any of the team meetings begin.

And . . . ?

GBMelBlount
09-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Dude, where's my game?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FsbogdkVZ1Q/TzX_qihkZHI/AAAAAAAAEbQ/hWrvQDd9cIs/s1600/20120209_todd_haley_presser_500.jpeg

ALLD
09-19-2014, 07:34 AM
Dude, where's my offense?

He should get a written and then fined next time. Can't lead from behind.

X-Terminator
09-19-2014, 07:47 AM

Bingo. And that's why the "mob rule" mentality persists today that steelreserve talked about in another thread. Real journalism is gone...it's all about "shock journalism" in order to pull in readers. As far as I'm concerned, it's just another "Officer Barbrady" type of story. Nothing to see here, move along...

SteelerFanInStl
09-19-2014, 07:56 AM
Talk about much ado about nothing . . . He gets stuck in heavy traffic, calls ahead, tells the others that he's not going to be able to make it on time, and still arrives in Baltimore before any of the team meetings begin.

And . . . ?
Yep, no reason for this to even be reported.

one side only
09-19-2014, 08:14 AM
It is a story because Todd Haley has a history of odd behavior . . . from trashing the house he rented and backing out of an agreement to buy it, to stiffing the guy that watched their dogs, to the note he wrote on the napkin, Todd has behaved in a very strange way. They Haleys are a weird family. I would like to know what traffic he got stuck in, especially at that time of day. Sounds like a dog ate my homework kind of excuse.

X-Terminator
09-19-2014, 08:17 AM
It is a story because Todd Haley has a history of odd behavior . . . from trashing the house he rented and backing out of an agreement to buy it, to stiffing the guy that watched their dogs, to the note he wrote on the napkin, Todd has behaved in a very strange way. They Haleys are a weird family. I would like to know what traffic he got stuck in, especially at that time of day. Sounds like a dog ate my homeworl kind of excuse.

Have you ever tried driving to the airport from anywhere near downtown at any time of day? The Parkway West is a freaking nightmare to drive on. Traffic can be backed up in both directions for miles, sometimes for no reason at all. And if I'm not mistaken, there is ongoing construction from I believe Parkway Center out past the I-79 interchange. So yes, that most certainly is a valid excuse.

tube517
09-19-2014, 08:17 AM
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1410/29/1410294674087.gif

vader29
09-19-2014, 08:29 AM
Bruce Arians never missed a flight when he was here. Fire Haley! :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
09-19-2014, 08:47 AM
Maybe I am in the minority but I enjoy these types of articles.

By the time I am done reading all of sarcastic, cynical and humorous posts here on SU I am usually laughing...and glad I took a much needed few minute break from the daily to grind to read these.

Thank you all for adding some humor to my day.

ALLD
09-19-2014, 02:25 PM
If a player was late he would be reprimanded. Coaches are supposed to set an example. Maybe he was out getting supplies for the RBs?

fansince'76
09-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Have you ever tried driving to the airport from anywhere near downtown at any time of day? The Parkway West is a freaking nightmare to drive on. Traffic can be backed up in both directions for miles, sometimes for no reason at all. And if I'm not mistaken, there is ongoing construction from I believe Parkway Center out past the I-79 interchange. So yes, that most certainly is a valid excuse.

Apparently, everyone else made it through the traffic on time. :noidea:

I have to agree with one side only, if Haley didn't have a prior history of odd behavior, I wouldn't think twice about it. But he does, so...

GBMelBlount
09-19-2014, 03:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBqM2ytqHY4

Count Steeler
09-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Apparently, everyone else made it through the traffic on time. :noidea:

I have to agree with one side only, if Arians didn't have a prior history of odd behavior, I wouldn't think twice about it. But he does, so...

Now there is a Freudian slip. Of course, Haley's behavior could be the fault of Arians.

- - - Updated - - -

And BTW, if the team isn't disciplining Haley, who cares? Obviously blowing up a situation way out of proportion.

salamander
09-19-2014, 10:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBqM2ytqHY4

WTF did I just watch??? :rofl2:

Hawkman
09-19-2014, 10:26 PM
Bruce Arians never missed a flight when he was here. Fire Haley! :chuckle:

REALLY!!You went there!
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

SOOOoooo many people wanted to fire Arians....well........ the minute Wiz left.

fansince'76
09-19-2014, 11:08 PM
Apparently, everyone else made it through the traffic on time. http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/images/smilies/noidea.gif

I have to agree with one side only, if Arians didn't have a prior history of odd behavior, I wouldn't think twice about it. But he does, so...

Now there is a Freudian slip. Of course, Haley's behavior could be the fault of Arians.

Yeah, no lie. Fixed it. :chuckle:

MrPgh
09-20-2014, 12:49 PM

- - - Updated - - -

And BTW, if the team isn't disciplining Haley, who cares? Obviously blowing up a situation way out of proportion.

The point isn't just about this one instance, the point is that Haley has been a clown-act since he arrived in Pittsburgh.