PDA

View Full Version : Crazy little thing called tackling

stillers4me
09-15-2014, 07:44 PM
Well, ‘Hm-hah!’ as the late, great Myron Cope used to exclaim.

What did we witness at the Steelers’ Monday practice, their first since being obliterated on both sides of the ball in Baltimore, other than defensive players performing the rough equivalent of calculus majors learning to work an abacus?

“We tackled,” defensive lineman Cam Thomas was telling me, almost by way of confession, afterward at his stall. “That was pretty much it. We worked on our footwork, our leverage and …”

And tackling. Honest to Mean Joe, Jack and Dobre Shunka. They worked on tackling............

Read more @ http://dkonpittsburghsports.com/2014/09/15/column-crazy-little-thing-called-tackling/

Devilsdancefloor
09-15-2014, 08:02 PM
as much as i love a Timmons he has been so "off" and out of place and then he misses a tackle and everyone else instead of swarming say oh he'll tackle him and when he doesnt its off to the races. This is the worst tackling steelers team i have ever watched and the laziest.

st33lersguy
09-15-2014, 09:03 PM
The art of tackling is a fundamental skill that a player should master within the first year of playing football (at whatever level a player starts), NFL players should not have to review tackling the week leading up to the 3rd f-ing regular season game

fansince'76
09-15-2014, 09:15 PM
The art of tackling is a fundamental skill that a player should master within the first year of playing football (at whatever level a player starts), NFL players should not have to review tackling the week leading up to the 3rd f-ing regular season game

Why not? Along with players getting injured en masse, the state of tackling is atrocious pretty much league-wide, thanks to the "no contact" practice BS put in the last CBA.

Steeldude
09-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Learning how to tackle? Wow! It is amazing how Tomlin is just now seeing it.

But I keep forgetting, Tomlin went to a SB so he is one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. Just like Barry Switzer.

X-Terminator
09-15-2014, 09:35 PM
Learning how to tackle? Wow! It is amazing how Tomlin is just now seeing it.

But I keep forgetting, Tomlin went to a SB so he is one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. Just like Barry Switzer.

You can keep saying this a million times, and it still won't make any sense. WHO HAS BEEN SAYING THIS???

And just FYI, he's gone to TWO SBs.

fansince'76
09-15-2014, 09:37 PM
You can keep saying this a million times, and it still won't make any sense. WHO HAS BEEN SAYING THIS???

And just FYI, he's gone to TWO SBs.

Thank you. It's getting old.

Count Steeler
09-15-2014, 09:39 PM
You would think that coming out of pre season, the fundamentals have been addressed and tackling may become an issue again in week 8 or 9. Oh well, let's hope the system starts clicking.

X-Terminator
09-15-2014, 09:43 PM
Anyway, IMO a team should not have to revisit tackling in week freaking 3, but like FS mentioned, I blame some of that on the new CBA that pretty much makes teams have to baby players during training camp, under the notion of "player safety." The irony of it all is that players are still getting hurt at a high rate, even in mini-camp where there is no contact. So they may as well go back to the old rules and allow more contact and live tackling in training camp.

That aside, tackling is something that should be ingrained from the first day you put on pads in mite football. Professional football players shouldn't have to "go back to school" to learn how to tackle properly.

steelreserve
09-15-2014, 10:06 PM
It seems more like an effort thing than knowing how to do it. Either way, there's no excuse for needing that kind of remedial training. You're professionals; give me a break.

GBMelBlount
09-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Steelereserve

It seems more like an effort thing than knowing how to do it.

...or both.

I believe how you practice does translate into game performance.

Look at Antonio Brown.

Professional or not, you always have to keep drilling the fundamentals and practice with intensity imo.

Edman
09-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Anyway, IMO a team should not have to revisit tackling in week freaking 3, but like FS mentioned, I blame some of that on the new CBA that pretty much makes teams have to baby players during training camp, under the notion of "player safety." The irony of it all is that players are still getting hurt at a high rate, even in mini-camp where there is no contact. So they may as well go back to the old rules and allow more contact and live tackling in training camp.

That aside, tackling is something that should be ingrained from the first day you put on pads in mite football. Professional football players shouldn't have to "go back to school" to learn how to tackle properly.

Well, letting the professionals just "wing it" clearly isn't working, so they need to go back and do it again.

Goodell's tampering has resulted in a resoundingly mediocre product on the field.

Steeldude
09-16-2014, 02:53 AM
Each time I hear someone making an excuse for Tomlin it is to say he won a SB. I don't hear things like motivation, game planning, evaluating players, game adjustments etc...

Switzer won a SB too, but I wouldn't refer to him as a great HC or even good.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. It's getting old.

As are the excuses for why Tomlin is called great. I see you got my point : )

Same goes for people giving Lebeau a free pass.

Mojouw
09-16-2014, 10:45 AM

I agree. but will offer this as a counter. I read somewhere that the pros put in almost no time anymore on technique/fundamentals after camp. Usually early in camp. The demand of installing a weekly gameplan, integrating replacements for injured players, etc means that all the practice time is on tactics, strategy, play design - whatever. The point is it is not on "how to tackle" or "how to take on a block". I remember reading that this wouldn't be a problem, except big-time college football has largely adopted the same thing. All game planning and not a ton of work on fundamentals. Even the case at some of the more high profile high schools.

I don't have a link for this, and it may not really be the case. But there is a version of the NFL where fundamentals are dying out as the pro game and the college game get so focused on installing the weekly game-plan that no one has time left to teach these guys anything.

I am not attempting to make excuses for the Steelers performance here (I will confine that other threads) just thought it was a portion of intriguing larger discussion about the "evolution" of the NFL. I suspect most of these guys are getting by on absurd athletic ability rather than mechanics and fundamentals. Polamalu is going to the HOF and his tackling technique largely consists of hurling a portion of his body in the general direction of the guy with the ball.

steel striker
09-16-2014, 02:19 PM
Yeah tackling I'm in favor of the steelers starting to do that!

Craic
09-16-2014, 03:24 PM
It seems more like an effort thing than knowing how to do it. Either way, there's no excuse for needing that kind of remedial training. You're professionals; give me a break.

All this goes back to my point about play ESPNball, rather than football. Why wrap and tackle, when you can have a guy bounce off you three times, but blow up your guy one in four times, make ESPN, and then by name recognition, make hundreds of thousands, if not millions more dollars in contracts, advertising, etc?

Mojouw
09-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Sad part about all this is that according to Lolley the Steelers spend more time padded up and practicing tackling fundamentals than almost any other team in the league.

So much for my theory about coaching versus execution...

Steeldude
09-16-2014, 05:38 PM
Shouldn't tackling be a natural thing? How inept are these players? What's next? Learning how to run?

It would be nice to have another Chuck Noll come in and clean house.

smokin3000gt
09-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Are we even aloud to tackle anymore? It seems like anything more than an arm 'tackle' is flagged anyways. I call it 'Rogerball.'

GoSlash27
09-17-2014, 04:26 PM
This seems to be a yearly thing with us anymore; we have to go back to the fundamentals and relearn how to tackle, maintain lanes, and/or hold on to a football.
I'm not blaming anyone for that or absolving anyone... just making the observation. When was the last season when we didn't have to go back and re-learn the fundamentals?

Shoes
09-17-2014, 07:32 PM
This seems to be a yearly thing with us anymore; we have to go back to the fundamentals and relearn how to tackle, maintain lanes, and/or hold on to a football.
I'm not blaming anyone for that or absolving anyone... just making the observation. When was the last season when we didn't have to go back and re-learn the fundamentals?

It is yearly, and if I had to go back and re-learn my job yearly, there would be a lot of dead people scattered on the planet….and most of us would be fired from our jobs. I find it had to believe how anyone could says this isn't a coaching issue. Someone isn't being accountable.

GBMelBlount
09-17-2014, 07:40 PM
It is yearly, and

if I had to go back and re-learn my job yearly, there would be a lot of dead people scattered on the planet

….and most of us would be fired from our jobs. I find it had to believe how anyone could says this isn't a coaching issue. Someone isn't being accountable.

Sooooo is your job to collect dead people and put them in one big pile? :horror:

GoSlash27
09-17-2014, 08:14 PM
It is yearly, and if I had to go back and re-learn my job yearly, there would be a lot of dead people scattered on the planet….and most of us would be fired from our jobs. I find it had to believe how anyone could says this isn't a coaching issue. Someone isn't being accountable.

I'm not inclined to agree or disagree, but I am curious to hear what the "coaching" solution is to this.
On the one hand, I'm seeing a lot of posts claiming that the fundamentals are something that should never need remediation. OTOH, I'm seeing a lot of posts claiming that the lack of execution is a coaching issue.
I look at Troy (arguably a first-round HOF pick) flying around the field... and missing tackles, and then I see an abbreviated preseason, weak training camp, and penalties for incidental contact away from the ball.

I'm not prepared to endorse your opinion, but I'm also not prepared to refute it. I am, however, interested in reading more about it.

Best,
-Slashy

Shoes
09-17-2014, 08:15 PM
Sooooo is your job to collect dead people and put them in one big pile? :horror:

:chuckle:

GBMelBlount
09-17-2014, 08:33 PM
Socks

I find it had to believe how anyone could says this isn't a coaching issue.

By the way, I agree.

I think Tomlin inherited a great team and had a great run (arguably on auto pilot).

This is now truly Tomlin's team and it looks like this may be the 3rd year Ben is the only reason we are even mediocre.

Part of this is arguable due to salary cap issues but personally it sounds like the problems run a lot deeper.

As I said last game one thing I respect about Harbaugh is that even when they are kicking our asses at the end of the game he is still 100% intense on winning every play.

I admire that.

I have always preferred coaches that were intense and driven as it starts at the top.

Tomlin is not that way imo.

Shoes
09-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Besides re-learning the fundamentals yearly, this team has continued to play down to bad teams, lost games in the final quarter and showed up ill prepared numerous times for years. Surely this is a leadership issue. Its seems like the coaching staff doesn't see the problems or are at wits end and don't know what the hell they are doing. There are individual player who *get it* and work hard year round, but its Tomlin's job to make sure the entire team is a well oiled machine. The team isn't because Tomlin isn't. The team is a reflection of Tomlin, it has to be.

BigNastyDefense
09-18-2014, 05:32 PM
I am not going to say Tomlin isn't at fault here, because I think a part of it is him. Maybe he has delegated too much to his coordinators and assistants.

What I will say is this: since he was hired, he has not been given control over his coaching staff. A condition of his hiring was to keep Dick LeBeau and his 3-4 system. Tomlin was a 4-3 Tampa 2 background from Tampa and Minnesota. It's widely believed that Keith Butler is next in line when LeBeau finally hangs up the headset, and if that's true I think it comes down from Rooney not Tomlin. When Arians was fired (because let's face it, Rooney told him he could walk away or he could be fired), it's believed that decision came from Rooney and not Tomlin...and it's also widely believed that Haley was forced upon Tomlin.

If this is all true, maybe what I said about him delegating too much is true. Maybe he's kind of in the mindset of "if I can't choose my staff, then they're going to do the boatload of the work."

Do I think Tomlin is a bad coach? Not at all. If he were to be fired after this season (very unlikely), he would have a new job within a week. I think he's a very, very good coach. I would love to see him be given complete control of his coaching staff, allowed to fire and hire who he thinks would fit most, and even be allowed to change the defensive scheme. If he was allowed to do that, I think we could see this team improve drastically.

And everyone who says "Cowher never had seasons like this:"

1998 they went 7-9
1999 they went 6-10
2000 they went 9-7

Missed the playoffs each year. So even if Tomlin goes 8-8 this season and misses the playoffs, he won't be fired. Hell, they could go 6-10 and I doubt he gets fired. They'd have to go 1-15 and the players would have to be begging Rooney to fire him for it to happen.

muncher
09-19-2014, 09:25 AM
I am not going to say Tomlin isn't at fault here, because I think a part of it is him. Maybe he has delegated too much to his coordinators and assistants.

What I will say is this: since he was hired, he has not been given control over his coaching staff. A condition of his hiring was to keep Dick LeBeau and his 3-4 system. Tomlin was a 4-3 Tampa 2 background from Tampa and Minnesota. It's widely believed that Keith Butler is next in line when LeBeau finally hangs up the headset, and if that's true I think it comes down from Rooney not Tomlin. When Arians was fired (because let's face it, Rooney told him he could walk away or he could be fired), it's believed that decision came from Rooney and not Tomlin...and it's also widely believed that Haley was forced upon Tomlin.

If this is all true, maybe what I said about him delegating too much is true. Maybe he's kind of in the mindset of "if I can't choose my staff, then they're going to do the boatload of the work."

Do I think Tomlin is a bad coach? Not at all. If he were to be fired after this season (very unlikely), he would have a new job within a week. I think he's a very, very good coach. I would love to see him be given complete control of his coaching staff, allowed to fire and hire who he thinks would fit most, and even be allowed to change the defensive scheme. If he was allowed to do that, I think we could see this team improve drastically.

And everyone who says "Cowher never had seasons like this:"

1998 they went 7-9
1999 they went 6-10
2000 they went 9-7

Missed the playoffs each year. So even if Tomlin goes 8-8 this season and misses the playoffs, he won't be fired. Hell, they could go 6-10 and I doubt he gets fired. They'd have to go 1-15 and the players would have to be begging Rooney to fire him for it to happen.

tomlin was handed the head coaching job knowing he had to keep the coordinators. this was a wise move by the rooneys because tomlin had very little coaching experience.
tomlin was given the opportunity to hire some of his own coaches early on. he chose multiple duds as oline and ST coaches. the rooneys saw his failure at evaluating coaching talent and decided they needed to make the important hires. tomlin was a yes man and tried to fool us into believing the hiring and firing of haley and ariens was his decision when we all know(at least the smart ones) that rooney made those moves.
tomlin is 10 times a 3/4 coach than he is a 4/3. a few years as a DB coach and 1 year as DC shouldnt outweigh head coaching a 3/4 for 7 years under the best 3/4 coach ever.
i dont think tomlin is delegating all his control. i dont think he is an X and O guy. his strength is his likability with the players. if tomlin has all these great defensive schemes that some peple say he has but isnt making his coaching staff adjust to them, then tomlin isnt the head coach you want for this team. tomlin is a mediocre coach that was given the best job in football. wait until the rest of cowhers players leave and you will see just how good of a coach he is.

fansince'76
09-19-2014, 09:43 AM
wait until the rest of cowhers players leave and you will see just how good of a coach he is.

What, all 4 of them? :coffee:

The drafting of Roethlisberger was strictly a Dan Rooney decision, so he's about as much a "Cowher guy" as he is a "Tomlin guy." Keisel is riding the bench, Ike should be riding the bench and Troy is more of a liability at this point of his career than anything.

muncher
09-19-2014, 01:17 PM
What, all 4 of them? :coffee:

The drafting of Roethlisberger was strictly a Dan Rooney decision, so he's about as much a "Cowher guy" as he is a "Tomlin guy." Keisel is riding the bench, Ike should be riding the bench and Troy is more of a liability at this point of his career than anything.

ben certainly wasnt drafted by tomlin. i can hardly wait to see who tomlin drafts to replace ben.
tomlin signed keisel back because his FAs and draft picks havent panned out, and FYI, keisel is playing a ton
ike is playing because tomlins drafts picks havent panned out. tomlin has him starting also instead of benched like you say he should be
troy is a liability yet tomlin has him starting.
tomlin has already wasted the last 4 years of bens career. just imagine what crap he's gonna field when ben is gone.

fansince'76
09-19-2014, 01:22 PM
ben certainly wasnt drafted by tomlin. i can hardly wait to see who tomlin drafts to replace ben.
tomlin signed keisel back because his FAs and draft picks havent panned out, and FYI, keisel is playing a ton
ike is playing because tomlins drafts picks havent panned out. tomlin has him starting also instead of benched like you say he should be
troy is a liability yet tomlin has him starting.
tomlin has already wasted the last 4 years of bens career. just imagine what crap he's gonna field when ben is gone.

I wonder if it will be half as bad as the crap Cowher fielded under center for 12 years that effectively cost us a Super Bowl and 3 home AFCCGs until Rooney pulled rank on him and forced him to draft Roethlisberger over Shawn Andrews in '04. :coffee:

muncher
09-19-2014, 02:08 PM
I wonder if it will be half as bad as the crap Cowher fielded under center for 12 years that effectively cost us a Super Bowl and 3 home AFCCGs until Rooney pulled rank on him and forced him to draft Roethlisberger over Shawn Andrews in '04. :coffee:

probably a lot worse. cowher won without an elite franchise qb. that says a ton about his ability to win with a mediocre qb.

fansince'76
09-19-2014, 02:27 PM
probably a lot worse. cowher won without an elite franchise qb. that says a ton about his ability to win with a mediocre qb.

Yet Tomlin hasn't posted a losing season yet and when Cowher finished his 8th year, he had already posted 2...

I actually agree with you as far as Tomlin's ability to hire good assistants and build his own staff, but you seriously have to stop riding Cowher's nuts.

Count Steeler
09-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Uh, didn't the mighty Cowher CHOOSE to use Slash as his QB? And if Cowher made the pick, Ben may be in San Diego.

muncher
09-20-2014, 09:04 PM
Yet Tomlin hasn't posted a losing season yet and when Cowher finished his 8th year, he had already posted 2...

I actually agree with you as far as Tomlin's ability to hire good assistants and build his own staff, but you seriously have to stop riding Cowher's nuts.

any chance you wanna man up and put your money where your mouth is?

Craic
09-20-2014, 10:31 PM

any chance you wanna man up and put your money where your mouth is? (as usual, it's on tomlin cock)

Really? Grow up. If you can't tell the difference between "You have to stop riding Cowher's nuts," which is a metaphor, and your blatant suggestion of a blowjob, you need to re-matriculate through grammar school and re-learn the English language. But, since there's little hope of you doing that, or seeming having the maturity to pass if you tried, let me point out a few things:

math is not your friend. See, 2 > 0. That means that the number on the left is larger than the number on the right. So, if Cowher has two losing seasons and Tomlin has none, then there's an argument that you should probably engage. By ignoring it, you're showing that you're just blithering on fueled by, according to your post about blowjobs, fansince '76 and Penis Envy. I'm not sure what that says about you, but talking about money in the same post is not a good sign.

Here's a hint. You don't have to be an ignorant ass everyday. I have yet to see you treat one person on this board with respect. Yes, that is R-E-S-P-E-C-T. It's so bad I'm half tempted to spam the boards, breaking out some Aretha Franklin just so you get the hint. And trust me, there ain't no one that can spam a board like me. Of course, I won't do it. Why? Because I respect the mods enough not to. See how that works?

And before you start sucking on your bottom lip, tears welling up in your eyes while you're trying desperately to explain how your disrespect doesn't compare to this post, let me give you a little hint: none of us care. Oh, and, if this this post is a little over the top, then I think I read somewhere, "Man up."

fansince'76
09-20-2014, 10:37 PM
any chance you wanna man up and put your money where your mouth is?

WTF does that even mean? A wager? Over what?

Even if the Steelers finish under .500 this season, Tomlin will still end his eighth season with one less losing season than Cowher had at the end of his eighth season. There's nothing to make a bet over. It's a fact.

Count Steeler
09-21-2014, 06:48 AM
Really? Grow up. If you can't tell the difference between "You have to stop riding Cowher's nuts," which is a metaphor, and your blatant suggestion of a blowjob, you need to re-matriculate through grammar school and re-learn the English language. But, since there's little hope of you doing that, or seeming having the maturity to pass if you tried, let me point out a few things:

math is not your friend. See, 2 > 0. That means that the number on the left is larger than the number on the right. So, if Cowher has two losing seasons and Tomlin has none, then there's an argument that you should probably engage. By ignoring it, you're showing that you're just blithering on fueled by, according to your post about blowjobs, fansince '76 and Penis Envy. I'm not sure what that says about you, but talking about money in the same post is not a good sign.

Here's a hint. You don't have to be an ignorant ass everyday. I have yet to see you treat one person on this board with respect. Yes, that is R-E-S-P-E-C-T. It's so bad I'm half tempted to spam the boards, breaking out some Aretha Franklin just so you get the hint. And trust me, there ain't no one that can spam a board like me. Of course, I won't do it. Why? Because I respect the mods enough not to. See how that works?

And before you start sucking on your bottom lip, tears welling up in your eyes while you're trying desperately to explain how your disrespect doesn't compare to this post, let me give you a little hint: none of us care. Oh, and, if this this post is a little over the top, then I think I read somewhere, "Man up."

From the Urban Dictionary:

Muncher (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Muncher&defid=745640)
Muncher, Munch, Munches, Munchers. An individual (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=individual) or group of homosexual nature (male or female). A shortened term stemming (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stemming) from phrases such as "carpet muncher (reffering to lesbians)" And "Pillow munchers - referring to homosexual men".

Craic
09-21-2014, 09:19 AM
From the Urban Dictionary:

Muncher (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Muncher&defid=745640)
Muncher, Munch, Munches, Munchers. An individual (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=individual) or group of homosexual nature (male or female). A shortened term stemming (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stemming) from phrases such as "carpet muncher (reffering to lesbians)" And "Pillow munchers - referring to homosexual men".

LMAO.

Wow, was I in a mood last night. Guess I'm still more of a misanthrope than I thought.

X-Terminator
09-21-2014, 12:17 PM
LMAO.

Wow, was I in a mood last night. Guess I'm still more of a misanthrope than I thought.

Hey, you just said what should have been said a long time ago.

jb500ex
09-21-2014, 12:36 PM
WTF does that even mean? A wager? Over what?

Even if the Steelers finish under .500 this season, Tomlin will still end his eighth season with one less losing season than Cowher had at the end of his eighth season. There's nothing to make a bet over. It's a fact.
How many years did cowher go to playoffs in his first 8 years compared to Tomlin? Glad those 8-8 season get you excited

fansince'76
09-21-2014, 12:43 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Troll_zpsd847c60a.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/garyb12001/media/Troll_zpsd847c60a.jpg.html)

Count Steeler
09-21-2014, 12:49 PM
How many years did cowher go to playoffs in his first 8 years compared to Tomlin? Glad those 8-8 season get you excited

Don't understand the Cowher deification. If Rooney(?) didn't intervene and draft Ben, Cowher NEVER wins the SB. Would have been another Marty Schottenheimer. Just couldn't deliver the SB.

NCSteeler
09-21-2014, 01:10 PM
From behind the steel curtain.......

"I put this loss on the coaches for not having these guys ready to play"

Stuff like this is never said by a player; that would be career suicide, but the fans sure love to say it all the time. Obviously, a loss rarely has anything to do with the talent-level of a team and everything to do with heart, desire, motivation and, of course, coaching.

Back when Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin had Casey Hampton dominating opposing centers and 27-year-old Troy Polamalu causing sleepless nights for opposing quarterbacks, he was a great motivator. Now that Steve McLendon (a 2009 UDFA) is failing to maneuver past Pro Bowl centers like the one in Cleveland and Polamalu is approaching his mid-30s, Tomlin has become a very poor motivator and communicator.

Maybe Coach Peezy can lead one of those "Who ride? We ride!" pre-game chants.

muncher
09-21-2014, 02:26 PM

wow, you sure told me. i better never disagree with a tomlin nut rider or i might get spammed by the self proclaimed spam queen/king.
i could ask someone to show me where i said cowner never had a losing record or how tomlin has as many losing seasons as cowher has had, but i would be wasting my time. its easier to lie and say i said things than to back them up by proving quotes from me. i would also like someone to show me where i initiated the 'disrespect' part, but i know that wont happen either.
sorry to burst your message board tough guy rant, but thinking i will 'tear up' because some tomlin nut rider has a one sided view of what R-E-S-P-E-C-T is makes me laugh.
heres a hint for you: im not worried about being disrespected. seems like the thin, skinned sissy is the one doing the whining.
i willing to bet its about time that some will cry to the mods asking for me to be banned because i violated the rules exactly like the administrator did ,and you as well.

fansince'76
09-21-2014, 02:40 PM
wow, you sure told me. i better never disagree with a tomlin nut rider or i might get spammed by the self proclaimed spam queen/king.
i could ask someone to show me where i said cowner never had a losing record or how tomlin has as many losing seasons as cowher has had, but i would be wasting my time. its easier to lie and say i said things than to back them up by proving quotes from me. i would also like someone to show me where i initiated the 'disrespect' part, but i know that wont happen either.
sorry to burst your message board tough guy rant, but thinking i will 'tear up' because some tomlin nut rider has a one sided view of what R-E-S-P-E-C-T is makes me laugh.
heres a hint for you: im not worried about being disrespected. seems like the thin, skinned sissy is the one doing the whining.
i willing to bet its about time that some will cry to the mods asking for me to be banned because i violated the rules exactly like the administrator did ,and you as well.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Cowher_zpsb991ca5a.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/garyb12001/media/Cowher_zpsb991ca5a.jpg.html)

jb500ex
09-21-2014, 02:42 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Troll_zpsd847c60a.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/garyb12001/media/Troll_zpsd847c60a.jpg.html)
nice picture of your wife but not sure what it has to do with this thread

fansince'76
09-21-2014, 02:43 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Troll_zpsd847c60a.jpg

X-Terminator
09-21-2014, 02:44 PM

You and your partner-in-crime jb500ex have been nothing but disrespectful pains in the ass since both of you showed up here. And members here are sick to death of it. It's one thing to disagree with someone. It's entirely another thing to be nothing more than a troll whose sole purpose is to piss people off. The only difference between you and him is occasionally you say something that makes sense. The rest of it? Nonsense.

You love Cowher and hate Tomlin, and wish he would be ridden out of town on a rail. We get it already. There's no need to make 10 billion posts about it.

Yeah, I know. "Tomlin nut rider," "thin skin", blah blah blah. You can kindly shove it, thank you.

SteelMayhem72
09-21-2014, 02:55 PM
another note...cleveland gonna give the ravens a win here

Steelerette
09-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Cleveland's defense is pretty well regarded as "not too bad" - and all things considered, the Ravens had eerily similar offensive performances against Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

It may be time to sit back and realize that maybe we don't need to call for LeBeau's head just yet. We have some kinks to work out and the course of this season may bring our defense together just fine - D-line questions and all - but the real issue against Baltimore was our offense simply failing to perform. How long will Gilbert get to lie flat on his back before we try something different?

Mojouw
09-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Critical to remember that when Cowher was coaching, the 3-4 was a MINORITY scheme/front in the league. You could get 3-4 ends, (some)NT's, OLB's, etc at a discounted cost, as they didn't fit a 4-3. Why does everyone forget that?

10-15 years ago, no way that Jarvis Jones, Ryan Shazier, Timmons, Woodley, Heyward, Hood, etc are picked in rounds 1-2 of the draft. What round did Aaron Smith go in? Joey Porter? Joel Steed? LLoyd?

That is why it is hard to compare Cowher and Tomlin. They really did coach in different eras. Cowher's SB team was one of the last power running and run-stopping defense first fueled championship runs we will ever see. Even the Seahawks with all that defense focus on stopping the pass and brought in skill position talent (Percy Harvin) to open up the offense.

Cowher and Co seemed great at finding talent along both the lines. Secondary and Wideout? Not so much. Tomlin and Co are great at finding wide receivers and interior backers. Offensive line and edge rushers....ehhhh

Cowher was a great coach. Tomlin, well the book is still being written.

smokin3000gt
09-21-2014, 05:30 PM
:pop2:

Craic
09-21-2014, 11:31 PM
blah blah blah

My only response . . . my title of "Board Spammer King" ain't self proclaimed, I'll guarantee you that.

fansince'76
09-22-2014, 12:20 AM
My only response . . . my title of "Board Spammer King" ain't self proclaimed, I'll guarantee you that.

Hopefully, the resounding victory on the road against a quality opponent will get both of them to shut the hell up for a while.

Steeldude
09-22-2014, 08:13 AM
The tackling was much improved last night, but it should have never been an issue.

I wish they would allow longer camps before pre-season starts. Also, a more physical camp is needed. Football is so different from back in the day. I know younger fans won't understand.

X-Terminator
09-22-2014, 08:39 AM
The tackling was much improved last night, but it should have never been an issue.

I wish they would allow longer camps before pre-season starts. Also, a more physical camp is needed. Football is so different from back in the day. I know younger fans won't understand.

On this, we totally agree. But I think it's a product of our society in general, and how soft we've become.

Edman
09-22-2014, 12:04 PM
Some light went on for the Defense last night. Tackling is what seperates a great D from a good D, and a good D from a crap D. I don't know what happened, but I hope they keep it up, but I don't expect it to continue. This team is schizo.

smokin3000gt
09-22-2014, 01:44 PM

Unfortunately that's true and also the problem. The NFL doesn't give two shits because the old die hards that know what football should are getting older and dying off, meanwhile the next generation of football fans don't know any better and only care about fantasy points.

fansince'76
09-24-2014, 04:33 AM

At least the win over the Panthers got this fool to finally pipe down.

Yeah, I know - "If Cowher was still the HC, we'd have beaten the Panthers by at least 100 points!" :jerkit:

stillers4me
09-24-2014, 05:48 AM

QFT :lol: