PDA

View Full Version : Wolfley's take after two games

stillers4me
09-14-2014, 09:37 AM
After two games the Steelers find themselves at 1-1, with an AFC North win over the Cleveland Browns at Heinz Field and a loss to divisional foe Baltimore on the road.

As we all know, a season isn’t decided after two games, that the ebb and flow of an NFL season is going to be filled with highs and lows.

Former Steelers offensive lineman Craig Wolfley, a member of the Steelers Radio Network, weighed in on his thoughts about the 2014 Steelers a mere two games into the season.

Biggest concern: The number one concern Wolfley said he has is the defense’s inability to stop the run. The defense allowed 157 yards rushing against the Ravens, including a 41-yard run by Justin Forsett. Even more disturbing was the push the Ravens got on two quarterback sneaks by Joe Flacco to keep drives alive..............

read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Wolfleys-take-after-two-games/653c1c2b-ec77-4159-a02e-b04bf6fb0057

Dwinsgames
09-14-2014, 12:19 PM
yea watch that push over again ... I watched it several times and Cam Thomas is softer than the Pillsbury dough boy shoved back 3-4 yards and made zero impact .....

the biggest concern with McCullers is he is so tall that he naturally plays high but the one thing that does not happen with McCullers is he is not pushed around so if someone is going to play high may as well make it the guy that 1 man is not going to push around like a shopping cart ....

Its time for Big Dan to see the field

Mojouw
09-14-2014, 12:21 PM
yea watch that push over again ... I watched it several times and Cam Thomas is softer than the Pillsbury dough boy shoved back 3-4 yards and made zero impact .....

the biggest concern with McCullers is he is so tall that he naturally plays high but the one thing that does not happen with McCullers is he is not pushed around so if someone is going to play high may as well make it the guy that 1 man is not going to push around like a shopping cart ....

Here. Here.

fansince'76
09-14-2014, 12:44 PM
The outlook: There is a reason it’s a 16-game season, because nothing in the NFL is ever decided after two weeks of football. And Wolfley has plenty of faith that the Steelers will correct their mistakes and move forward.

“My time in the league with this franchise taught me you can never make definitive statements early,” said Wolfley. “You have to look at it one game at a time and keep focused. You have to make the corrections you can make and move forward. This league waits for nobody.

“This is a team that can right itself, they have the people, and they have the tools. But it takes excellent play, attention to detail, preparation and then performance. Part of that performance occurs when making sure that you are not costing your team excessive penalties.”

Meh. Wolfley's just a Kool-Aid-drinking homer. :chuckle:

blackngldblood
09-14-2014, 09:03 PM

It's time to at least give him some reps out there, and also time for Tuitt to start seeing time over Thomas. And also, for the love of god, can we get Shamarko on the field? You know what he did pretty dang well in the preseason? Tackled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk